Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next month my LEAF will be 2 years old. One of the reasons I chose the SL model was that it had the option to QC in 20 minutes time. All I had to do was wait for someone to install a QC in my area. It was bound to happen right ?

Today the nearest QC station is about 800 miles away. The range of my car is 72 miles. Do you see a problem here ?

Nissan where the hell are you on the install of these 500 quick charge stations ?

KJD said:
Today the nearest QC station is about 800 miles away. The range of my car is 72 miles. Do you see a problem here?
That's odd. Google claims that Elk Grove CA is only 662 miles from SLC, and that Ft. Collins is only 453 miles. I fail to see what your problem is. All you need to do is boost your efficiency to about 25 m/kWh. :? :( :(

Ray

It's almost like Nissan wants to keep these things a secret. They should make a big deal about these in the press every time they open another one.

Nissan how about a map with all of the locations in operation and a different map with ones under construction ?

KJD said:
It's almost like Nissan wants to keep these things a secret. They should make a big deal about these in the press every time they open another one.

Nissan how about a map with all of the locations in operation and a different map with ones under construction ?
What, do you think they're Tesla? :roll:

KJD said:

I just so happens I am going to such a grand opening event tomorrow.

http://www.evgonetwork.com/stuff-a-leaf/

NRG eVgo, Nissan and Dulles Town Center invite you to join electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts to celebrate the holidays and the growth of DC-fast charging CHAdeMO stations in the greater Washington D.C. area.
Family Fun Activities:

Test drive a Nissan LEAF
Redskins Cheerleaders
Face painting, balloon artists and more
Awesome raffle prizes*:

Two sets of Redskins tickets with parking pass
Redskins memorabilia
*Raffle winners need to be present at the 1:30 p.m. drawing at the event to win.

Today I may have had the first sighting of a Nissan DCQC in Massachusetts. Needless to say the sighting was at 5:15am and in the dark, but I think I saw the unmistakable shape of a Nissan branded DCQC at Kelly Nissan in Lynnfield.

Perhaps Nissan is actually living up to their promise of adding DCQCs at Nissan Dealerships? I wouldn't believe it was true, until today.

This is an email I received from Kelly Nissan in Lynnfield.
Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us here at Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield!
We do have a quick charge station here, and you are more than welcome to use it!
It is a first come, first serve machine. Please stop by whenever you would like.

Best,
Brian Fraser
Internet Sales Consultant
Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield
275 Broadway (Route 1 North) Lynnfield, MA 01940
http://www.kellynissanoflynnfield.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(781) 715-2023 / [email protected]

Well, that's gonna cut into my whining time! ;)

First one! :D well situated too. Now I can reach the North Shore with only a small delay.

I've emailed them for more details, but no response yet.

Looking forward to the day there's more than one.

Just spoke with Brian Fraser at Kelly in Lynnfield.

CHAdeMO is right out front, no way to block or lock it in. It's working now, and is available FREE, 24/7.

There is no card or fob needed, just push start button.

So he says, I'm 65 miles away, so if somebody local could stop and confirm all that, I'll have less risk before I take a trip to Salem or Rockport.

Sounds almost too good to be true.

Brian hasn't actually seen it used yet, so he may not have all the facts. He also didn't know that cars other than a LEAF could use it.

Some pics on Plugshare would be great.

markbb99 said:
I am using the dc quick charge at Kelly Nissan in Lynnfield

And . . .

Is it everything they claim? Free, no card or fob needed, situated where it won't be obstructed, and available 24/7?

If so, they couldn't have made a better first install in New England.

Thanks, Kelly Nissan.

It in the front of the building. There no card or fob. You can wait in there lobby if the dealership is open.

The quick charge seem to be on 24/7 . I used the quick charge again tonight at 10: 00 pm when the dealership was closed.

markbb99 said:
It in the front of the building. There no card or fob. You can wait in there lobby if the dealership is open.

The quick charge seem to be on 24/7 . I used the quick charge again tonight at 10: 00 pm when the dealership was closed.

Thanks Mark.

It's a start. And couldn't ask for better service, no dumb frustrations like with some other installs.

Wonder why Nissan and/or Kelly didn't announce it? Why do we have to find out the hard way?

Thanks Brad, for noticing it in the dark.

Happy to pass along the good news…. Only wish I had the quick charge port so I could use it. Leased an SV without QC because I never thought they would install one in New England during my lease.

markbb99 said:
This is an email I received from Kelly Nissan in Lynnfield.
Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us here at Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield!
We do have a quick charge station here, and you are more than welcome to use it!
It is a first come, first serve machine. Please stop by whenever you would like.

Best,
Brian Fraser
Internet Sales Consultant
Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield
275 Broadway (Route 1 North) Lynnfield, MA 01940
http://www.kellynissanoflynnfield.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(781) 715-2023 / [email protected]

Wow! thanks. This might make trips to the north shore possible!

(any chance you have a lead on whether kelly nissan woburn is getting a charger too?)

Awesome to hear that New England got its first QC!

I sent emails to a few dealers in my area asking about QCs, and one did respond saying that they already have one. I know this particular dealer (Jim Harte Nissan in Mt. Kisco, NY) has one L2 mounted to the side of the building, so I have a feeling that they are talking about that and not an actual QC. I responded asking for clarification, and I didn't get a reply.

Two other QCs popped up on PlugShare in NJ, not at Nissan dealers though. One is at a hotel in Mt. Laurel (on the GreenLots network), and another at an office near Trenton. From the pics on PlugShare, the Trenton one looks to be Fuji's newest 25kW model, but it's not powered on yet, and it doesn't appear to be on any charging network.

WTFFIT? I'm stunned!

So, I get an email from my dealer, Marlboro Nissan, saying its time to schedule my one year battery check, etc, blah, blah, blah. I write back, enquiring about times and stuff, and mention the new QC at Kelly in Lynnfield, and why don't they consider doing that to?

Their response, besides the appt blather:

"We have a 480 Quick Charge Port (sic) too, 24/7."

Just like that, offhand, no big deal.

So, couple more quick emails, and yes, it's only been up and running for 3 days, they still need to paint around it, but there it is, second one that I know of. How many more are there out there that no ones aware of?

I updated PlugShare, and will add details and pics later today, cause I can be there by 3, it's only 20 miles or so.

Why do we have to find out about them like this?

Just blows my mind.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
WTFFIT? I'm stunned!

Their response, besides the appt blather:

"We have a 480 Quick Charge Port (sic) too, 24/7."

Just like that, offhand, no big deal.

Just blows my mind.

Just IM'd with marlboro via their website - Josh indicated
Josh Keevan: We have one right now
You: Cool. might be able to use my LEAF to visit relatives in your area. what are terms of use? hours, restrictions, cost etc?
Josh Keevan: While the sales department is open, you can use it at no cost

So, While you are checking it out see if you can get some official confirmation of hours of availability.

Back