Nissan's Included L1 (120v) EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phatcat73 said:
Thanks guys. All good info & much appreciated. I do have an alternate route to get to work that's a bit more direct, 6 miles shorter and has some city driving. It's 54 miles one way of which 38 are highway and 16 are driving through suburbs.

PS. Chicago just crossed the $4/gallon mark which is a new high record for this time of year.

that direct route will be your savior but still a challenge with 120 at work. Another thing you could do is drive the LEAF all Summer than switch with wife in Winter. You will have enough charge even at 120 to make in Summer. I got about 88 miles when my LEAF was new in Summer with A/C on. I drive conservatively 58-62 mph (sometimes slower due to traffic) so you will get less if you drive faster but you should pull into work with at least 20 miles on the gauge which means you will get enough to get home (should be able to get about 40-45 miles of range with 8.5 +hours of charging)

also gas is going up and considering price of oil is near $100 a barrel (notice it never got too far away from that level despite gas dropping to or near $3.25?) and you live in one of the highest priced areas for gas

Back