Nissan's Mark Perry responds to Leaf price gouging, says pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacti

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/06/01/nissans-mark-perry-responds-to-leaf-price-gouging-says-problem/

"Virtually every popular car that's also produced in low quantities is subject to dealer price gouging. High demand, coupled with low supply, typically allows dealers to get away with charging customers more than the sticker price for these rare vehicles. We had thought that the Nissan Leaf would be no exception to this trend. However, Nissan's director of product planning for North America, Mark Perry believes that it's not gonna happen with the Leaf."

Yes, I think that Nissan's "Customer Order", carried by the potential buyer from dealer to dealer until a suitable "deal" is found, will work nicely to avoid any higher-priced dealers.

Now, to find dealers with good, competent, honest, an fair-priced service departments ... that is more difficult.

In case anyone lives in California's Central Valley/Sacramento area. I have e-mailed 3 dealers in my area, and the only one of the three who has stated they sell all of their vehicles, including the Leaf, at MSRP is Nissan of Elk Grove.

cinmar said:
In case anyone lives in California's Central Valley/Sacramento area. I have e-mailed 3 dealers in my area, and the only one of the three who has stated they sell all of their vehicles, including the Leaf, at MSRP is Nissan of Elk Grove.
Yes! :D I've stopped by a few times. The internet/fleet-deal manager (Dave) is very very positive, knowledgeable, and excited about the LEAF. Has reserved one for himself (or his daughter), I think.

Back