No charger assessment No order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would they cancel the order? Worst case scenario you won't be getting the LEAF until 2012 when it's in all 50.. but that would stink. Let us know how it goes.

Oh, I guess that is true...but if I have to wait for 2012 I wouldn't get a LEAF...I would get a Fiat 500 EV.

So if they bump me from this September order to a next winter order then I guess I, not Nissan, will be canceling. So you are right.

It's all good. I want to support the growth of EVs. Which is why I thought I should buy and support the LEAF. But Nissan will be fine without my purchase, if it turns out that way.

Even if I don't get one, I truly hope they do great.

Gavin

Gavin said:
Nissan doesn't want the car in non roll-out states...It's their car, so they can try to limit it's exposure outside those 5 states.

Makes no sense. There are bound to be some who will move after getting the car ...

cdub said:
Why the Fiat over the LEAF?

I commute daily alone...the LEAF is more car than I need. Plus I like the looks of the Fiat 500 better. So small and sexy is better for me. That said, I was willing to get the LEAF for a number of reasons...one, I want to support Nissan for going strong into EVs: two, I know Nissan makes good cars...I had a Sentra for 12 trouble free years many years ago: three....I really want an EV asap.

So bigger than my needs is ok...being a bit boring in looks is ok...but if I have to wait till 2012, I would get the Fiat easily.

Makes no sense. There are bound to be some who will move after getting the car ...

Exactly. Oh well, still haven't heard good or bad...so I wait...kinda like waiting for the dashboard to change...the worst thing would be for the "go and order" email to come and I order it and then Nissan says, "hey, thanks for the order...we will deliver it in Dec of 2011". Gah that would suck

:)

Gavin

sorry to hear that Gavin! That really blows. Yeah what's to stop someone from buying the Leaf in a roll-out state and then moving to a non-rollout state? It makes no sense. Hope they let you buy it!

Back