No EVSE, no delivery date?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the answer to this threads question is; No. You do NOT have to have an EVSE installed to get your LEAF. Gudy is getting his Dec 11, has no EVSE and is going to park in his driveway each night hooked up to a long 120v extension cord. Love it! :ugeek:

TRONZ said:
So the answer to this threads question is; No. You do NOT have to have an EVSE installed to get your LEAF. Gudy is getting his Dec 11, has no EVSE and is going to park in his driveway each night hooked up to a long 120v extension cord. Love it! :ugeek:
Gudy says he's got no EVSE somewhere?
Link? I must have missed that.

planet4ever said:
I didn't request a waiver until after I had agreed on the order. (I had to say the EVSE would be paid for "separately" to get through the order.) When I explained my situation (low mileage) and asked for the waiver, they said it would be no problem but that I wouldn't see it on my dashboard until it was time for the next step. So mine still says "it's time to schedule the installation of your home charging dock", and, no, there is no waiver link anywhere on that page.

I'm assuming the "next step" must be CARWINGS, but I haven't heard anyone, even gudy, mention that as having opened up.

My CARWINGS tab in my account is now active and takes you to an owners sight for final activation. I'm assuming that my car must be getting close :D !

No functional Carwings here. But I do have a new non-functional tab - Own.

I have a feeling I'll not get Carwings enabled while Schedule Installation is showing on my Home Charging Dock tab. Hopefully the EVSE waiver (which I asked for a week ago) will be enabled soon and that will help sort things out.

Ready2plugin said:
My CARWINGS tab in my account is now active and takes you to an owners sight for final activation. I'm assuming that my car must be getting close :D !
By "active" ... what do you mean? My carwings tab has been 'open' for about 4 weeks ... by that, I mean when I click on it, the tab opens into the following diatribe:
" ...your Nissan LEAF™ comes equipped with a 3-year subscription to CARWINGS™*. in combination with your computer or compatible smartphone, this onboard information system lets you:

- find the newest, nearest charger by updating charging station locations on your Nissan LEAF's navigation system
- remotely check vehicle charge status and start charging so you can be sure your Nissan LEAF is ready to go when you are
- remotely start, stop, or set the climate control timer to pre-warm or cool your car without using your battery
- stay informed with charge complete notices, plug in reminders
- plot your route with a map that includes charging station locations
Prior to your scheduled delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™, we'll be in touch with instructions on how to activate CARWINGS™ so you can explore all its features and functionality before you start driving. ..."
Doesn't everyone have that yet on their dashboard?

LakeLeaf said:
Ready2plugin said:

Cool. You may be the first - maybe your are the Gudy in waiting!

Cool! Post a screenshot if you can.

Mine is like Mike's. A new tab with a "locked" icon (circle with slash) called "own". That's new as of today. The "Carwings" is also still locked and the text in it is as posted by hill.

But I do still have a waiver issue. I had cancelled my AV appointment AFTER ordering and requested a waiver several weeks ago. The "order your NISSAN LEAF:" has a "complete" checkmark, but also says on the button "before you proceed...". Opening it reveals a yellow button "show me the checkbox >" which I have accepted several times. (There is no separate "EVSE Waiver" in the uppoer right under my name.)

I'm posting my update on the new CARWINGS topic. But yes, it does take me to a new Nissan web page to activate my CARWINGS, has all my car details (including VIN), and I can go as far as accepting the Terms and Conditions of CARWINGS. Unfortunately it does not tell me when the car will be delivered. As soon as I get a chance to figure out how to post a screenshot I will. If you know if a quick way of doing so, please let me know. Thanks!

TRONZ said:

He should drape it from tree to tree, that would make a good PR shot:)

Ready2plugin said:
As soon as I get a chance to figure out how to post a screenshot I will. If you know if a quick way of doing so, please let me know. Thanks!
Are you using Windows OS? If so, see http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows.

Once you have the image file made, you still need to upload it to a photo-sharing website in order to post it here (flickr. photobucket, shutterfly, etc.), as this forum does not have the "attachments to messages" function activated. The link to your image must be embedded with the "image" function in your posting.

Here's mine
Clipboard05.jpg

TT

I'm using MAC OSX, but I'll give it a try. I'll have to open an account with photo-share and get back to you.....Thanks for the help!

Ready2plugin said:
I'm using MAC OSX, but I'll give it a try. I'll have to open an account with photo-share and get back to you.....Thanks for the help!

There is a program called "grab" you can download for free and it is easy to use.

Ready2plugin said:

Here's How:

1. To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.

2. To copy the entire desktop, press Command-Control-Shift-3. The screen shot will be placed on your clipboard for you to paste into another program.

3. To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (The file is saved as PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.)

Google is your friend!! ;)

LEAFer said:
But I do still have a waiver issue. I had cancelled my AV appointment AFTER ordering and requested a waiver several weeks ago. The "order your NISSAN LEAF:" has a "complete" checkmark, but also says on the button "before you proceed...". Opening it reveals a yellow button "show me the checkbox >" which I have accepted several times. (There is no separate "EVSE Waiver" in the uppoer right under my name.)
That sounds worse than mine, and I'm about to bug them about my situation. I would definitely give Nissan a call if I were you.

I have:

yellow: we have confirmed delivery dates ...
assessment: quote ready
order: complete [is clickable, but no special notation]
dock: schedule installation [has get started button when I open it]
==> I asked for a waiver after ordering, but have no EVSE Waiver link
CARWINGS: [disabled, and no associated text]
pre-purchase: [disabled, and no associated text]
own: [disabled, and no associated text]
estimated delivery: Pending

planet4ever said:
==> I asked for a waiver after ordering, but have no EVSE Waiver link

If that's what you're worried about.....I understand that's normal, and that they are trying to work up a patch to show the EVSE waiver enabled on your account. Or, again, at least that's what I was told last week. If anyone knows (or sees) different, I would welcome them saying so.

I also requested a waiver, and when it didn't show up in my dashboard, I contacted Nissan chat. They say that the waiver is there, it's just not showing up in my dashboard. I asked why the option to install AV's EVSE is still there. They said it's there "just in case you change your mind." I said, yeah right - my quote was nearly $11k - no way I'll just happen to change my mind.

cinmar said:
I also requested a waiver, and when it didn't show up in my dashboard, I contacted Nissan chat. They say that the waiver is there, it's just not showing up in my dashboard. I asked why the option to install AV's EVSE is still there. They said it's there "just in case you change your mind." I said, yeah right - my quote was nearly $11k - no way I'll just happen to change my mind.

I just did the same for me also. The chat person told me it should affect my delivery. He said that are working on a patch to resolve the web display issue. They will notify me when it is applied. I won't be too worried.

Back