Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

Oceanside has issued my permit and my Clipper Creek (temporary) unit will be installed Monday, 12/27/10. Cross your fingers for me that the actual on-site inspector is NOT the same guy in the office that issues the permits. :?

Just got this email.... :D

Congratulations! Based on the site assessment just completed, your Blink in-house charger and installation will be free of charge.
Nissan will be contacting you shortly with instructions for ordering your vehicle.
Thank you again for your interest in the EV Project. We look forward to completing the installation of your Blink EVSE shortly before you take delivery of your Nissan LEAF.

It was a long time coming but I like the results. I thought my garage situation was pretty straightforward.

Jim C.

Onthewind, Congrats! I received the same E mail . My installation is also a simle one. HYowever, i am being charged an additional $200. because I want the conduit inside and outside hidden

Update to the Updates...

Baker Electric installed my Clipper Creek EVSE today. The city inspection is set for Wednesday. I'll post pictures later, but the Clipper Creek unit (which will be replaced by the Blink EVSE) seems like a VERY nice, quality unit with a much more intricate design inside when compared to the AV unit. I'll post some pics of the inside as soon as I get back to my main computer.

:mrgreen:

Jimmy, Congrats!! your inspection will be just in time for your delivery. I bet you will be able to pick up your Leaf by friday. It will make a great start for your New Year.

stanley said:
Jimmy, Congrats!! your inspection will be just in time for your delivery. I bet you will be able to pick up your Leaf by friday. It will make a great start for your New Year.

We shall see. I'm going to email my PD to see if he's heard anything.

;)

Jimmydreams said:
We shall see. I'm going to email my PD to see if he's heard anything.

;)

Nothing yet from my PD. :evil:

EVSE installed and passed city inspection. :mrgreen:

Edit: here are some pics from the install'
IMG_1048.jpg

The inside of the Clipper Creek unit
IMG_1049.jpg

Inside sticker on the door.
IMG_1053.jpg

Ready for the car!

Just got the results of my in home assement and I qualify for a free charger.
How long before my dashboard changes so I can order my car?

Just a quick update on the UL Approval of the two Blink EVSE's.

The two units receiving UL Approval are both Residential Units.

One is a HARD WIRED unit, the other is a Plug-In unit.

The one to be used by the EV Project will be dependant on municipality where the unit is installed. There are both Hard Wired and Plug-in units available.

Different municipalities have different requirements/specifications regarding hard wiring or plugging in the unit. There are also strict specs for distance the unit can be from receptacle.
(I believe the maximum distance is either 12" or 18" from receptacle to unit).

The plug in unit is approved for INSIDE/Interior use only. The hard wired unit is approved or Inside/Outside - Interior/Exterior use.

The 30-K is the Hardwired unit. The 30-C is the Plug in unit.

jcesare said:
Just got the results of my in home assement and I qualify for a free charger.
How long before my dashboard changes so I can order my car?
In my case I was assessed on 12/17 and may RAQ went live on 1/6. The holidays might have had an impact on this delay.

Check your dashboard daily - my RAQ email from Nissan was delayed by 24 hours.

Good luck!

Jim

Jcesare, With a reservation date of 6/25, it will be about two weeks or more before Nissan will open your dashboard for ordering. I guess that there are about 2500 or more dashboards to open before yours. Your Etec approval will not hold up the opening of your dashboard.

SilverLeaf said:

I had called the guys who will install at my home to schedule the assessment. According to him, they are getting a bunch of Blinks this weekend. They will start installing them end of the month.

I just received an email from the EV Project to electronically sign the "EV Project Residential Participation Agreement" which I have done. Hopefully this means that my LEAF is getting closer! :)

evnow said:
SilverLeaf said:

I had called the guys who will install at my home to schedule the assessment. According to him, they are getting a bunch of Blinks this weekend. They will start installing them end of the month.
Supposedly, mine is being installed this week. The installer just contacted me and indicated it will plug into a "dryer-type" outlet.
Either way, I'm ready for them.

sparky said:
Supposedly, mine is being installed this week. The installer just contacted me and indicated it will plug into a "dryer-type" outlet.
Thats cool. So, it is the plug version !

That makes it easier to move it ...

BTW, they told me they have been trying to contact me for sometime. Not sure how - never saw an email or voice messge from them till the other day.

drees said:
I just received an email from the EV Project to electronically sign the "EV Project Residential Participation Agreement" which I have done. Hopefully this means that my LEAF is getting closer! :)

I am a november month as well and got this email this evening. I wonder how much closer this puts us

rainnw said:
drees said:
I am a november month as well and got this email this evening. I wonder how much closer this puts us
Well - I'm actually a September month that didn't get to order until the 3rd week of October. :( Because of the EV project? Don't know...

Back