Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttweed said:
cdub said:
I'm also a September order in October and just got and signed the agreement.
Same here, but I received the email to sign the agreement on 11/09/2010. :?:

TT

Me, too, Tom. Got the email 11-9-10. I am Sept. order in October (Oct.1). Still have not heard anything from either EV PRoject or Nissan about dock or car.

I decided to try and contact the EV Project by email since I had not heard anything since the agreement signing in Nov. I got a nice reply back from our local LA region person. It is good to know there is an actual local contact person. In case any other LA region folks need to contact her, her information is below.

Valerie Lecesse
LA Region Administrator
310-893-0254
Fax 818-981-3212
[email protected]

drees said:
I just received an email from the EV Project to electronically sign the "EV Project Residential Participation Agreement" which I have done. Hopefully this means that my LEAF is getting closer! :)

Hey fellow Encinitas solar-panels-and-a-Leaf-coming guy, turns out I had several SECOND NOTICE EV Project Agreement emails....in my Gmail SPAM folder! My father-in-law got his last week, and he ordered well after me. Today I thought maybe I should check the spambox, and there they were. So now I've "signed" the agreement. Woot!

Also, a co-worker who also has a Leaf on order just checked. He had one in his spam folder as well.

Check those spam folders!

garygid said:
Apparently many "professional" web/app programmers are not capable of constructing EMAIL that does not "appear" to be SPAM.
Don't knock them until you've tried it - it's impossible to avoid all the spam filters when you are sending commercial email until you've built up a relationship with the customer, mail provider and their spam filters have been "trained".

Well, not really difficult, I think.
Just look at the headers of 10 (to 100) Spam-eMails and (at least on mine) the reasons for the "spam-points" are listed, then don't do those things.

For example, send text and not HTML, use proper address, subject, reply-to, and sender fields.

So, IMO, not very difficult at all.

garygid said:
So, IMO, not very difficult at all.
Not so fast. People who deal with it professionally know the problems. We are talking about a multitude of span filters - and they are always suspicious of bulk email senders.

garygid said:
Apparently many "professional" web/app programmers are not capable of constructing EMAIL that does not "appear" to be SPAM.
That's because the spammers beat them to it! Spammers have a lot of incentive to get their spam through spam filters, too.

Got an email from Nissan today with a note saying that I needed to sign the EV Project Residential Participation Agreement AND that this was my second notice. I check ALL my emails closely including those that wind up in the junk folder and there was no prior email with a request for signature.

That being said, I went to the listed web site and the link to the forms didn't work. Tried in both Safari and Explorer and got the same errors.

I'm starting to have concerns about the quality of Nissan software. Troubles started on April 20th with the AMEX card problems and there seem to be weekly gaffs tied directly to poor software quality. You can make the point that this is all just Web stuff slapped together by contractors but developing and maintaining high quality operational software is expensive and requires strict adherence to proven processes and procedures. Add security, anti-tampering, yada, yada and it’s a really big deal that calls for real software pro's.

Even CarWings has the potential to be a major liability if it is unreliable or is vulnerable to hacking. Imagine a scenario in which several 1000 cars in a relatively small area have their charging commands hacked to that they begin charging within seconds of each other.

Does anyone have any information about how Nissan handles the Leaf's software development and maintenance?

owsinla said:
Got an email from Nissan today with a note saying that I needed to sign the EV Project Residential Participation Agreement AND that this was my second notice. I check ALL my emails closely including those that wind up in the junk folder and there was no prior email with a request for signature.

That being said, I went to the listed web site and the link to the forms didn't work. Tried in both Safari and Explorer and got the same errors.

I'm starting to have concerns about the quality of Nissan software. Troubles started on April 20th with the AMEX card problems and there seem to be weekly gaffs tied directly to poor software quality. You can make the point that this is all just Web stuff slapped together by contractors but developing and maintaining high quality operational software is expensive and requires strict adherence to proven processes and procedures. Add security, anti-tampering, yada, yada and it’s a really big deal that calls for real software pro's.

Even CarWings has the potential to be a major liability if it is unreliable or is vulnerable to hacking. Imagine a scenario in which several 1000 cars in a relatively small area have their charging commands hacked to that they begin charging within seconds of each other.

Does anyone have any information about how Nissan handles the Leaf's software development and maintenance?

If their usability testing is any indication of their security integrity I would have some concern. They don't seem to have much process management.

Have any EV Project public EVSEs been installed anywhere? I looked at the map on the EV Project web site and checked out two locations which, according to the map, were indicted to have EV Project EVSEs installed. When I went to those locations there were none to be found. What's the real story here?

ENIAC said:
Have any EV Project public EVSEs been installed anywhere? I looked at the map on the EV Project web site and checked out two locations which, according to the map, were indicted to have EV Project EVSEs installed. When I went to those locations there were none to be found. What's the real story here?

EV Project has not installed or even announced the specific location of Public EVSE #1.
They do print a lot of press releases, though. Lots of partnerships, lots of "potential locations".

I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to get a free EV Project charge before they go Pay in May.

Back