One car per "roll-out city"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deetime7767

Had it confirmed to me today...all the cars that says, "1/11 ETA, well...that when they'll actually be showing up. Corporate won't explain the delay but, you can forget about getting cars in December! All 'roll-out' states will see a single car representation, so as to save face as Nissan has already gone on record as having promised a 12/2010 On Sale start date. Were it not for that set of facts, no dealer would be receiving anything in December...oh, and forget about "Dealer Demos", those won't happen now until this spring as Corporate decided to allocate those cars to rather put them in the hands of customers.

The way that I was told, was, "there will be (1) LEAF in the state of Washington but, it won't be in the 'metropolitan' Seattle area." Expect waves of LEAFs in Febraury and March. I asked about "stock" dealer inventory of LEAFs and was told, "not for another year or so" :shock:

EVDRIVER said:
And this was confirmed by?
A (E.V.O.M.) Electric Vehicle Operations Manager for those that don't know the acronym.

They were pretty ticked about the situation, having fought hard (with Corporate) to honor the December delivery expectations for us dealers. :evil:

You think so? Are they freely switching between LHD and RHD during production?

I will be curious to see the VIN on the "production" LEAF at the LA Auto Show.

If the Oct/Nov production is staying in Japan, we should see more press as those roll out too, I'd imagine.

It could also be that after "Job 1" rolled off the line, they said "okay, now stop the line until we get this nasty battery software bug sorted out." :)

GroundLoop said:
You think so? Are they freely switching between LHD and RHD during production?
Not just RHD, LHD - they can even make an ICE & LEAF in any arbitrary order.

Make be they are making Jukes - Nissan apparently wildly underestimated Jukes (like 10K instead of 100K). Statik was already speculating about this earlier ...

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/11/01/first-drive-nissan-leaf-net-tests-the-2011-juke/

Initially, before the car first went into production, Nissan did not know what it had. They were hoping to sell about 15,000 of these a year, or 1,300ish a month. But as soon as it was offered up for sale…Nissan had a very big problem. As in 11,000 of them; which is the number of orders that were on the books in the first month in Japan. By this past month, the number had grown domestically to 20,000, with another 30,000+ coming out of Europe. In the US, the Juke sold almost 2,000 copies in its first week.

I guess on the bright side, January is closer to when our Civic lease is up in April. Its all good. :ugeek:

deetime7767 said:
The way that I was told, was, "there will be (1) LEAF in the state of Washington but, it won't be in the 'metropolitan' Seattle area."

Guess that rules me out.. This does kind of explain why the customer "dashboard" has been stating the delivery date TBD even while the dealer dashboard has been slowly populated with dates; it's easier to say "sorry, no dice" to a dealer than it is to an irate Leafer.. Bummer!!

I contacted the dealer I had placed my reservation with in the Bay Area regarding delivery dates. He said the dates in his dashboard keep alternating back and forth from December to January. As of now, they are scheduled to begin deliveries in January.

Dealers have been told to ignore those dates and that they are not correct and that a different system will be used for delivery dates. There are only a small percentage of people that will likely get cars in Dec, that has been clear for a very long time and Nissan has stated a ESTIMATE of 3-4 months from oder date so for Aug 31 that can easily mean Jan or later but they will at least deliver some cars. My guess is they are having production issues and things are not going as fast as they would like, not surprising.

One leaf per rollout state? That one person is going to get some good press! You know , since I decided to lease my car, the 1/11 date I have works just fine for me. No rebate to worry about. I do feel bad for people outside the Ev project if the tax rebate is not extended for chargers? Hopefully, that will work out.

Who knows, this could all change in the next few weeks. The big tip for EVP people will be when you get your email to schedule your charger install! Once we start seeing reports of this, we all can get a better idea of how they prioritize orders.

The big tip for EVP people will be when you get your email to schedule your charger install! Once we start seeing reports of this, we all can get a better idea of how they prioritize orders.

We got our notification on our dashboard for the charger installation. It is set to be installed Nov. 22nd. However, I believe that AV is probably behind this phase. I think the only thing that concerns them is to get the charger installed before the cars arrive. Plus, they would like to get some revenue before the end of the year. We reserved on 4/20 but because I wasn't at the computer all day waiting for reservations to open up, we weren't one of the earliest to get to order the LEAF. We didn't get to order the LEAF until 9/30.

well i have already planned for a Jan delivery but i cannot really wait that much longer. i have already sold my Prius. granted to family so i am flexible on the delivery, but my Sis does need a car and not sure how long she can wait.

as far as this "one car per state" thing. why bother? are we seriously going to accept this as Nissan keeping its word?

i have much more respect for a company that honestly states that due to unforeseen logistical problems, etc. that the delivery will be delayed. now to push out a token response just to go down in history for a 2010 release is pathetic

I'm almost afraid to ask mine again. On the one hand, I'll be somewhat bummed if it does turn out that I'm pushed back to January. On the other, I'm frightened of what you guys might do to me should I be one of those still getting a car in December! :lol:

Back