One car per "roll-out city"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh, I think you should ask. PS. I will be happy for your too! We need to root for each other on here.

PS. Did you get the EVP email this week? What number were you assigned on there? If its a 1, I am sure you will be a December delivery!

Ok, thought that may give some clue to the priority of your delivery. Look at it this way, your the only person that still has a December delivery that I have seen in these forums!

I've just written my PD to see if he has a better clue. I told him, honestly, the emotional roller coaster of NOT having a good handle on when to expect it is worse, so he didn't need to spare my feelings if it was bad news! :lol:

DaveinOlyWA said:

as far as this "one car per state" thing. why bother? are we seriously going to accept this as Nissan keeping its word?

One speculation -
they may feel pressure to delivery *something* in 2010, but already know that they will have to recall those first deliveries, so don't want too many cars out there to be reworked....

DaveinOlyWA said:
as far as this "one car per state" thing. why bother? are we seriously going to accept this as Nissan keeping its word?
I remember Mitsubishi delivering one HDTV to claim to be the first one to sell a DLP 1080p HDTV. Actual sales started a couple of months later.

Face saving is important ... I guess.

ps : Speculation. Is Nissan reinforcing the doors to get better side impact crash test rating (after Versa got a bad rating) ? Thats the only thing that has happenned recently that we know of that can move the schedule ...

LakeLeaf said:
One speculation -
they may feel pressure to delivery *something* in 2010, but already know that they will have to recall those first deliveries, so don't want too many cars out there to be reworked....

Any further speculation on what they might be needing a recall for? Thinking that notion through a bit, surely it could only be for an engineering problem that they don't expect to have a solution for in the near term? Otherwise, why not just fix the few cars they plan on delivering as they go out the door?

Ummm...this is quite interesting (disturbing?) - the CVRP link for the LEAF....gone entirely! Now the LEAF is just lumped in with "more vehicles"! :?

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

I think the delays in delivery maybe causing them to reset expectations on getting that rebate. The fund may dry up before then!

mwalsh said:
Any further speculation on what they might be needing a recall for? Thinking that notion through a bit, surely it could only be for an engineering problem that they don't expect to have a solution for in the near term? Otherwise, why not just fix the few cars they plan on delivering as they go out the door?

No - like I said - just speculating. But if they have some issue that needs to be addressed and they don't expect to have that ready for December deliveries, they may feel it is better to delay to January rather then having some type of "recall" or other event that will generate bad PR at rollout. After all the Leaf isn't a car - it's a marketing event!

I would guess that most of the parameters on the car are computer/firmware configurable, so maybe they have found something that needs to be tweaked and need some more data before reaching a final resolution. Again repeating - no inside knowledge here and the altitude does occasionally effect the reasoning..

mwalsh said:
Ummm...this is quite interesting (disturbing?) - the CVRP link for the LEAF....gone entirely! Now the LEAF is just lumped in with "more vehicles"! :?

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

They probably had too many people applying when there are not any being sold yet. They'll likely add it back to the list once the first cars are being delivered.

palmermd said:
They probably had too many people applying when there are not any being sold yet. They'll likely add it back to the list once the first cars are being delivered.

People never could apply though, even when it had it's own placeholder...the "Apply Now" button wasn't active and instead it said "Coming Soon" (or something like that). I really don't see any way they'd need to modify what was there already, unless too many people were emailing to find out exactly when the button was going to go active.

Phew! Now scheduled for 1/11 like the rest of you bozos. :D

However, my PD says there is a two week variance, plus or minus. This apparently means that anywhere from late December to the end of January is still a possibility, and we should have a better handle on things when a VIN is showing on his dashboard (I didn't blank that out like I did my order number and personal information - it was already blank).

Image1.jpg

mwalsh,

Thanks for sharing that. I was glad to hear about the 2 week variance. That still gives us hope for an awesome Xmas present.

I know that my PD is fighting with nissan corporate to get me my car in december.
However, I'm leaving for vacation on the 21st (they actually asked him when would be the last day in december that I could take delivery), and I think that's going to rule me out.
I don't really care anymore actually, what would be the point of getting the car on the 21st to leave it on my driveway for 2 weeks? Someone will steal my L1 EVSE in the meantime, or I won't charge it, and it'll wait there with a SoC of like 10%? bad in both cases.
Plus, as someone mentioned, they might be delaying because there's an actual problem with the cars (who knows). December delivery > purchase, January > Lease.
January almost seems better to me now, I won't have to struggle between lease and purchase, and if I lease, it's even more stupid to get delivery the day you're going to leave for 2 weeks ;p

had it been end of November / beginning of December, I would have been thrilled, as commuting on my bike with the weather turning bad is not the most comfortable thing ...

Back