ordering information (simplified)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have to pick a preferred dealer before the process starts? My local dealer (the one that Nissan wants me to pick as my preferred dealer) is being wishy washy with costs and +-MSRP (Nissan of Sunnyvale).

Will i get pushed down the list if i don't officially choose a preferred dealer?

Presumably, you can choose (and change) your Preferred Dealer (PD) at any time.

You might need to select your intended quote-dealer as your "PD" before entering the RFQ Customer Dashboard, IF it does not allow dealer selection AT the Dashboard, but "assumes" your PD for your Quote Request.

garygid said:

You might need to select your intended quote-dealer as your "PD" before entering the RFQ Customer Dashboard, IF it does not allow dealer selection AT the Dashboard, but "assumes" your PD for your Quote Request.
I have tried changing my dealer but is locked or there web site is having problems I am trying to change it to Rairdon's because it is the lowest price I have found.

Gonewild said:
garygid said:

I have tried changing my dealer but is locked or there web site is having problems I am trying to change it to Rairdon's because it is the lowest price I have found.

I've been trying to change also.... no luck.

Got online with Leaf Chat yesterday and they acknowledged there was an issue with the site and it should be fixed "soon.."

After all the "obvious" bugs are eliminated, they still "need" to try out the entire RFQ/Order process, at least several times with different parameters. Even then, a "flood" of users will probably cause some unexpected (untested) situations.

Currently, I do not have a PD selected, and have not delt with AV.

garygid said:
After all the "obvious" bugs are eliminated, they still "need" to try out the entire RFQ/Order process, at least several times with different parameters. Even then, a "flood" of users will probably cause some unexpected (untested) situations.

Currently, I do not have a PD selected, and have not delt with AV.

Hello,
I'm new here. You guys have a very active forum. Thanks.

I will be able to order in Sept. I will be ordering out of state. Right now, I have Mossey, Escondido selected as my preferred dealer. The Nissan website let me do this even though I am in AZ and have completed my home inspection (charging assessment ) in/around Phx.

Here's my question for anyone.
When my "dashboard" comes up and it's time to order will I still be able to order from this out of state dealer??

Thx-GSB

My PV hit about 6000 watts of AC produced around noon yesterday. However, the A/C uses around 5kW when running.

Normal months have 550 to 750 kWh consumption, but this (hot) time of the year we can easily use 1300 kWh, maybe more this (hotter) year.

EV charging, if any, will likely use the yearly surplus, and possibly extra.

smkettner said:
Must the offer and acceptance be made over the internet?
Can we just make an appointment and do everything in person on a standard contract?

This is the system Nissan set up for the Leaf. the price request and confirmation are done online through the Nissan system. Eventually, paperwork will have to be done by person or mail. This initial step is to lock in the sale price, more or less.

CampbellNelson said:
This initial step is to lock in the sale price, more or less.

More or less?

I gather the more is selecting color and options, along with stating lease vs buy (though that would still be allowed to change)...

The less I'm not as sure about :)

Gavin

CampbellNelson said:
smkettner said:
Must the offer and acceptance be made over the internet?
Can we just make an appointment and do everything in person on a standard contract?

This is the system Nissan set up for the Leaf. the price request and confirmation are done online through the Nissan system. Eventually, paperwork will have to be done by person or mail. This initial step is to lock in the sale price, more or less.

Or fax :)

garygid said:
Nothing to stop you from doig additional communication
with your dealer, even recomended.
I called and talked to my PD last Friday. I had all the pricing info CampbellNelson had posted. I asked for an email with what my total costs would be. He said, "no problem" you'll have it in a few hours. Well apparently it was a problem because I still don't have it.

Has anyone received a firm quote from their PD?

I sent my PD an email asking to confirm pricing. He seems reluctant to do so until tomorrow. I, of course, wanted to confirm all pricing so that there would be no "misunderstandings" when I sent my RFQ to him.

I guess that tomorrow is now the Big Day and I wanted to reconfirm the pricing agreement we have before-hand, so that the order process can go smoothly:

MSRP: $33,720
Discount from MSRP: -$1,000
Destination charge: $820
DC Fast Charging option: $700
Floor/Cargo Mats option: $170
Sales taxes: $2939 (8.75%). No tax on the destination charge, right?

Doc fee: $45 ?

Out the door total: $37,863 ?

Is this more or less correct? I got the figures for registration and doc fees from another dealer on our site. Correct anything I'm mistaken about.

Are you going to be in a position to turn around the RFQ as soon as you get it tomorrow?

(redacted and spelling corrected) Response:

We will confirm exact prices tomorrow. It looks like you are very close. Tax will be charged on the total price includes destination. The only other fees will be license and $55 doc.This is standard practice not something we dreamed up for the leaf but it is every vehicle we sell. XXXX and I will confirm tomorrow and finalize your order.

CampbellNelson said:
If you accept the offer, your order goes directly to the factory and you will be able to get an ETA from Nissan. You are Locked in and so is the Dealer.
If you reject the offer, the process starts over with the next dealer.
This is a quote from the first post of this thread. I read a statement somewhere else from Nissan which states if you accept the dealers offer, then you have a binding contract. Okay, that's all well and good but the RAQ response (which we still haven't seen an example of) had better have every amount as well as every term detailed like you expect from a contract.

Back