ordering information (simplified)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not binding on us, Indyflick. We can cancel anytime up to signing it at pickup time.

It's supposed to be price-binding on the dealer. Terms can change (money-factor for lease, rate for loan). Those are not fixed until the actual purchase.

mwalsh said:
Ah, OK. I knew it was somebody. LOL!
The reason I bring it up is because the amount I quoted was for me. You live in a different county and your registration fees may be different. Give the calculator a test and see.

malloryk said:
so is the sales tax dependent on where the buyer actually lives, or where the vehicle is bought?
In CA, sales tax on new cars is determined by where you reside and have registered the vehicle.

I don't trust this "we will confirm exact price tomorrow" nonsense. What is there to change between now and then? Dealers should understand that they will be torpedoed on this forum for any hidden fees or changes to the pricing. We August people might be biting the bullet, but all future orders will know which dealers to trust.

By the way, sales tax is calculated on total price paid (including doc fees and destination fees). License/Registration/Tire tax is added on after.

indyflick said:
malloryk said:
so is the sales tax dependent on where the buyer actually lives, or where the vehicle is bought?
In CA, sales tax on new cars is determined by where you reside and have registered the vehicle.

Same here in AZ, the buyer/lessee pays the AZ tax in the city where they live.

smkettner said:
Must the offer and acceptance be made over the internet?
Can we just make an appointment and do everything in person on a standard contract?

I suppose if you wanted to, you could take your laptop to the dealer and then make the deal there and online w/Nissan at the same time.

Hello.
I have a September order month. I just spoke to a Nissan LEAF certified dealership/dealer in the Southbay area of Los Angeles. I asked him if he knew when I will be able to order. He stated that September reservation holders will be able to order starting Wedensday September 1st! I hope he is CORRECT!? :D

JPC2822 said:
Hello.
I have a September order month. I just spoke to a Nissan LEAF certified dealership/dealer in the Southbay area of Los Angeles. I asked him if he knew when I will be able to order. He stated that September reservation holders will be able to order starting Wedensday September 1st! I hope he is CORRECT!? :D

He is as correct as anyone on this forum, dealers tend to repeat the last thing they heard or that came into their head.

EVDRIVER said:
JPC2822 said:
Hello.

He is as correct as anyone on this forum, dealers tend to repeat the last thing they heard or that came into their head.

EVDRIVER please enlighten me. When will September order holders be able to order then? I don't think anyone really knows- Nissan wouldn't tell me a thing today...

JPC2822 said:
EVDRIVER said:
JPC2822 said:
Hello.

EVDRIVER please enlighten me. When will September order holders be able to order then? I don't think anyone really knows- Nissan wouldn't tell me a thing today...

Just spoke to Susan Daniero at Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City, and asked about the september order dates. She said we know as much as they do. No firm date for September has been announced.

I hope it's soon too... :)

Back