Philadelphia and Southeastern PA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My delivery date continues to just say February -- no day.

I stopped by the Ardmore Nissan dealership, and they have a glacier white one out front -- I'm very excited now! The carpets are a darker color than I had remembered from the earlier prototypes -- which I think is a good thing. The solar panel just covers a small portion of the rear spoiler. And those headlight assemblies are truly bulbous! I really can't wait to get mine!

They had two AeroVironment chargers sitting outside next to the service department. They seemed to be powered up and ready to charge for anyone who needed some extra juice on a Sunday afternoon. The electrical junction box was right on the wall next to the charger with a piece of flexible, non-metallic conduit running from the junction box to the charger. I was wondering what kind of conduit electricians were using these days, as my house-to-garage trench ended up being a rather windy path!

I'm in new castle county, Delaware and a new Leaf owner. I'm originally from the SE PA area and spent a good deal of time traveling through the area. Hopefully you won't mind me calling this my regional forum too.
In this article I assume they mean 5 'sheetz' and not 'scheetz' will be getting charging stations. http://articles.philly.com/2011-10-14/news/30279508_1_mariana-gerzanych-electric-cars-chevy-volt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I wonder which ones will be getting them?

mattami said:
Tier 4 state (DE). Ordered 2012 SL 12/24/2011. Delivered 1/12/2012. First Leaf in the First state
Wow, that is fast. I put my Tier 4 order within a couple hours of when it opened on Nov. 30. My delivery date started out as "Month of January" but quickly changed to "Week of Feb. 6", where it has stayed ever since. How do you think you got your LEAF so fast?

I guess I didn't read that full article previously.

I've been poking around a bit today to see what kind of tax incentives are still being offered this year -- I'm still really bummed about missing out on the EVSE incentive that expired at the end of December.

It looks as if PA is putting its incentive money into establishing a charging network, which seems like a reasonable enough thing to do. I went looking for 350Green and found this more recent news item on their website: http://350green.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Press-release-second-PA-grant-10-26.pdf

There's not a lot of other data on their website, so I filled in their contact form to request a map of existing and soon to be available charging stations. I'll keep all of you posted on what I hear back . . .

tps said:
mattami said:
Tier 4 state (DE). Ordered 2012 SL 12/24/2011. Delivered 1/12/2012. First Leaf in the First state
Wow, that is fast. I put my Tier 4 order within a couple hours of when it opened on Nov. 30. My delivery date started out as "Month of January" but quickly changed to "Week of Feb. 6", where it has stayed ever since. How do you think you got your LEAF so fast?

I don't know how I got so lucky. Perhaps it came in on one of the car boats that is unloaded at the Port of Wilmington (DE) which is only 5-10 miles from the dealer (Sheridan Nissan). That's all I can figure. My nissan account says delivery date week of Jan 18th, but the dealer called on the 12th and we brought it home today (16th). I would think yours is days away.

yeswaydude said:

I've been poking around a bit today to see what kind of tax incentives are still being offered this year -- I'm still really bummed about missing out on the EVSE incentive that expired at the end of December.

It looks as if PA is putting its incentive money into establishing a charging network, which seems like a reasonable enough thing to do. I went looking for 350Green and found this more recent news item on their website: http://350green.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Press-release-second-PA-grant-10-26.pdf

There's not a lot of other data on their website, so I filled in their contact form to request a map of existing and soon to be available charging stations. I'll keep all of you posted on what I hear back . . .

I sent an email to customer service at Sheetz to find out when/where they are installing chargers. I have close family that work at the distribution center headquarters that will also make inquiries. Will let you all know what I find out.

mattami said:
yeswaydude said:

I sent an email to customer service at Sheetz to find out when/where they are installing chargers. I have close family that work at the distribution center headquarters that will also make inquiries. Will let you all know what I find out.

This is the reply from Sheetz, good news! If someone is in the area and can confirm they are 'up and running' and if they are tier 3, it would be appreciated.

Please see our press release here: http://sheetz.com/main/news/release_details.cfm?rid=421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A tentative map of the five Sheetz stores in Pennsylvania that will have the new chargers can be found at: http://ow.ly/6Jd8q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Karl Diethrick
Scheduler
Sheetz Petroleum Supply
W: 814-941-5537
C: 814-931-1703
F: 814-239-1333
[email protected]
Yahoo ID: karld1

google maps says it would be 65.7 miles and take 1 hour and 24 minutes for me to drive down Rt. 30 from my house to the Lancaster charging station. Sounds like a good excuse to visit Amish country!

Wow! A charging station at the Sheetz in Lancaster. I am about 10 miles away. That will help me in pinch when drive south. I thought Philly and Pittsburgh would get the first charging stations.

75.9 miles from my house to Lancaster. It would be pushing the LEAF's reliable range to get there, and I'd have to stay long enough to charge to 100% in order to get back. How close is Sheetz to the Lancaster outlet stores? I haven't been there for years, but this might be a good road trip if the Sony outlet store is still there. Might be a good trip for a LEAFer meetup if we can be sure everyone will get charged OK to get back.

I'd still like to have the LEAFer meetup at KofP Mall. Maybe we can do something in March after most of us have our cars... Im still steady at "week of Feb.6" delivery.

The outlets are still there but no Sony. I miss that store, but there is still Black & Decker. The Sheetz with the charger is at 30 & 272 which is 7 miles west of the outlets on 30. We need a charging station between to have a get together for me. If the turnpike charging stations become reality, it may work. I see that there is station at the Wayne train station, but it looks like L2. Would it be enough to top off to make to KOP and back to Ephrata? Is the KOP L2?

Yes, Wayne is an L2. And the two I saw outside of Nordstrom in KoP are also L2.

I'd have to stay long enough to charge to 100% in order to get back

Can you charge 100% on an L3? I thought it would only take you to 80%.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the range is really like. I finally clocked the miles for the day that I travel from Wynnewood to Malvern to Northeast Philly and back home again -- It's right around 80 miles. Think I'll make it? I'm gonna have to find out!?! :)

yeswaydude said:
Yes, Wayne is an L2. And the two I saw outside of Nordstrom in KoP are also L2.

I'd have to stay long enough to charge to 100% in order to get back

Can you charge 100% on an L3? I thought it would only take you to 80%.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the range is really like. I finally clocked the miles for the day that I travel from Wynnewood to Malvern to Northeast Philly and back home again -- It's right around 80 miles. Think I'll make it? I'm gonna have to find out!?! :)
From the experience I had with the Hertz rental LEAF, I think 80 miles is at the edge of the LEAF's reliable range. Especially in cold weather, I think you'll need to pick up a bit of charge somewhere in the middle. L3 will take you all the way to 100%, but it tapers off past 80%; probably an hour or so total all the way to 100%. L2 even tapers off when it gets near the top.

We just took delivery yesterday of a Cayenne Red Leaf from Team Nissan in Vineland, NJ! The Nissan website gave us a "week of Jan 20" back in December, and they delivered as promised. I'll call this regional discussion my home, since there are way more Phillies fans here in Northfield than any other team :). If anyone wants to take a trip from Philly to south Jersey and needs a charge, visit my PlugShare page.

Ron H.

EVSE: 11/8/2011 (GE Wattstation, self-install)

2012 Nissan Leaf SL
Cayenne Red

Congratulations on your new Leaf! I am waiting for my Cayenne Red due the week of Feb. 7th. Good to hear Nissan is following their schedule. After waiting 16 months now, I am ready. I too am a Phillies fan but in the other direction in the Lancaster area. I was disappointed as I guess were that their year ended early. Enjoy your new ride!

The last few weeks of waiting for my delivery are going to be harder than I thought. My dealer got their demo LEAF a week ago. It seems to make it harder as I continue to wait for mine, which is due week of Feb 6, because I know that a LEAF is sitting mostly idle on a lot 1500 feet from my office desk. The Hertz rental LEAF, which is mostly idle about 70 miles from my office, and has done so for 10 months is a bit different, because I know that if I really want to, I can rent it for as long as I care to pay for (and have done so). Given that I made a RAQ and placed my order within hours of when Tier 4 ordering open, it never occured to me that I wouldn't have one of the first LEAFs sold in Tier 4. Well, it looks as if Nissan's out of order delivery is still happening, as those who ordered weeks later already have their cars. Not that I'm complaing much, because the 70 days of so from my order to projected delivery is better than some. It's very questionable, at this point, if my 2010 reservation was worth anything at all...

I could have had Volt for three month by now, but I wanted an all electric Leaf. I could have saved the $99 reservation fee, but I knew if I waited the Leaf would eventually be here. But sixteen month waiting and reading about the Leaf every day, could almost make a person nuts. I do not have my charging station set up yet, but after Monday it will ready. That is when it will hit me that my Leaf will be days away.

Tell me about the waiting game!?!

Here's what my dashboard says:

Reserved on: 04/20/2010
estimated delivery: month of February 2012

We'll see when it actually arrives!

BobE said:
I could have had Volt for three month by now, but I wanted an all electric Leaf. I could have saved the $99 reservation fee, but I knew if I waited the Leaf would eventually be here. But sixteen month waiting and reading about the Leaf every day, could almost make a person nuts. I do not have my charging station set up yet, but after Monday it will ready. That is when it will hit me that my Leaf will be days away.
Same here, I'm not interested in the Volt. I got my EV charging station set up last month so I could take advantage of the tax credit, it has been waiting over a month now for a LEAF to charge. A little over 2 weeks left if Nissan's estimate is correct. Still no VIN... If all goes well, I'll be filling the gas tank for the last time next week, then I go cold turkey and kick my gasoline habit for good. I was really wanting a heated steering wheel this morning.

I just got an update:

estimated delivery: week of March 02, 2012

Maybe Nissan is going to take over that old Heinz ketchup theme song "Anticipation..."!

Back