Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volusiano said:
I have not received a call from Nissan, either, and I'm a 2-bar loser. I'm now paranoid about bringing my car in to let them check it out, even if they ask me. How do I know they don't reset my capacity gauge back to 12 bars like they did with Ticktock's, then proclaim that my car is now "normal". ;)

Don't worry about it. My BMS data has been reset twice now back to 12 bars. The first time it went back down to 11 bars as soon as I charged to 100% a few days later. It happened again a few weeks ago after having them check it again, this time I only charged to 80% religiously just to see what would happen. I was out of town for five days during this time period, but after two weeks of only 80% charges it went back to 11 bars.

So if they reset it the capacity bars will re-disappear.

Went to Sears Auto Center at Paradise Valley mall today to get new brakes on my ICE ride. Noticed they have a shiny new QC installed, but not yet functional. Everything is there and he said they would probably have it running by next week. He also mentioned that 6 other Sears Auto Centers are installing them, but he didn't know where.

jspearman said:
Went to Sears Auto Center at Paradise Valley mall today to get new brakes on my ICE ride. Noticed they have a shiny new QC installed, but not yet functional. Everything is there and he said they would probably have it running by next week. He also mentioned that 6 other Sears Auto Centers are installing them, but he didn't know where.
Thanks for the heads up. Did they say the other 6 Sears stations are QC, too?

Volusiano said:
jspearman said:
Thanks for the heads up. Did they say the other 6 Sears stations are QC, too?

He didn't know which ones or when they would be live at the other locations, but yes, all of them are reportedly QC. It's pretty amazing how many QC's we have in Phoenix now, although I hope they keep spreading them out. One at Metro Center would be nice.

Even though there are a lot of charging stations around the valley now, the one thing I notice is the lack of stations at major malls. Since most Sears auto departments are usually located near major malls, this is great news that we finally can find charging options at major malls.

Volusiano said:
Even though there are a lot of charging stations around the valley now, the one thing I notice is the lack of stations at major malls. Since most Sears auto departments are usually located near major malls, this is great news that we finally can find charging options at major malls.

The lack of charging at Scottsdale Fashion is a real bummer, and I doubt we'll get anything soon with the Tesla chargers there. So looks like I'll just have to buy a Tesla:)

jspearman said:
Volusiano said:

The lack of charging at Scottsdale Fashion is a real bummer, and I doubt we'll get anything soon with the Tesla chargers there. So looks like I'll just have to buy a Tesla:)

Scottsdale Fashion....... Try the below lower level parking at the Waterfront. They have two L2 Blinks and three reserved spaces on the Camelback side (1st Lower Level) under the Culinary Dropout and three L2's on the west side close to Olive and Ivy (again lower level garage. Each has a dedicated L2 for Handicapped parking space. They are not listed on the Blink Network for some reason but they all work.

Carlos said:
Scottsdale Fashion....... Try the below lower level parking at the Waterfront. They have two L2 Blinks and three reserved spaces on the Camelback side (1st Lower Level) under the Culinary Dropout and three L2's on the west side close to Olive and Ivy (again lower level garage. Each has a dedicated L2 for Handicapped parking space. They are not listed on the Blink Network for some reason but they all work.
This is great info. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting this on Plugshare.com for everyone to see? Thanks!

Carlos said:
jspearman said:
Volusiano said:

Thanks much for the info. I've been nearly stranded over there a few times, and charging/drinking at Culinary Dropout is perfect.

Carlos said:
So... You have to park in the handicap parking spot to use?

Volusiano said:
Carlos said:
This is great info. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting this on Plugshare.com for everyone to see? Thanks!

Posted to PlugShare...... Now why didn't I think of that????? :ugeek:

It looks like the Blink network map and PlugShare also are showing another new DCFC at another Sears auto store in Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale (beside the one in Paradise Valley mall). It looks like both are operational.

I was thinking about going to the car show Sat. night ..I think its @ the Civic Center..I believe from what I have read there are chargers in the downtown area ..Is the Leaf safe to leave charge in that area of town ?
I have never fast charged my car before and I can not remember if I need a pass-word to use the blink card or not..

Great News for traveling QC users! I just found out today that EVGO is only going to charge $4 a QC session (100% charge) for LEAFs and others that don't have high capacity packs like the Teslas. Picacho Peak is scheduled to have one installed in early December. Now we just need a QC in Tucson!

Tomorrow ill be driving all around the valley. I'll need to fast charge at least once. I dont understand why they installed DCFCs right next to each other, but then left other areas completely void. I really need a charger in N Scottsdlae but there are none. I will have to settle for a level 2.

turbo2ltr said:
Tomorrow ill be driving all around the valley. I'll need to fast charge at least once. I dont understand why they installed DCFCs right next to each other, but then left other areas completely void. I really need a charger in N Scottsdlae but there are none. I will have to settle for a level 2.

what about the one at sears Paradise Valley Mall:

SEARS- Store #1768

4604 E CACTUS RD
PHOENIX, AZ 85032

DC Fast Charger Port(s)
2 Ready / 0 Busy / 0 Unavailable

Free

There is a Nissan Next Tour at the Tempe Festival of the Arts this weekend Nov 30 - Dec 2

http://www.nissannext.com/Home/EventLocations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Volusiano said:
It looks like the Blink network map and PlugShare also are showing another new DCFC at another Sears auto store in Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale (beside the one in Paradise Valley mall). It looks like both are operational.
I noticed this weekend that somebody marked the DCFC at the Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale as "UNAVAILABLE" recently. The Blink Map site is still showing it on its map, however. Does anybody know what its real status is?

Hi all,

I was referred by surfingslovak to this thread. I live in Chandler and need to commute exactly 60 miles a day. I was thinking to get a LEAF but worried about the range and battery capacity loss issue. Does anyone here drive around 60 miles a day? Can you share your experience in terms of range and battery capacity issue?

Thank you.

Back