Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone going the the Sept 23 National Plug In Day Evernt ?

http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wasn't aware of it. I probably will unless something comes up.
myleaf said:

http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myleaf said:

I registered. :mrgreen:

Thought I would bump this up to address jspearman's question from another thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10257&start=90#p233580
Has anyone else in Phoenix been contacted by Nissan today? I posted it on the 11-bar thread, too, that I got a call from Nissan asking me to bring my car into the dealer next week. It sounded like they are contacting other owners, too, and are flying in a technician. She acknowledged that I had called in to complain about my loss and was apologetic. Said asked about charging habits, number of miles, quick charging (she told me not to QC more than once a week), and asked me if we were happy with the car. I said that we love our Leaf, but that we worry about the degradation too much to make it a pleasurable ownership experience.

She said that she couldn't promise what they would do, but that they would check out the car and perhaps replace some of the battery modules. That took me by surprise. I've been on the fence about what to do with our Leaf, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens now. I plan to talk with them about some kind of lease conversion when I meet with them, since I know the batteries will take another hit next summer. I can do a 2-year lease, but I no longer want to own.

I have not received a call from Nissan. After hearing of your phone call, I expect they may call all of the 2 bar droppers and ask them to take their cars in. On a case by case basis they will explain that all is Normal (TM). ;)

I have not received a call from Nissan, either, and I'm a 2-bar loser. I'm now paranoid about bringing my car in to let them check it out, even if they ask me. How do I know they don't reset my capacity gauge back to 12 bars like they did with Ticktock's, then proclaim that my car is now "normal". ;)

Volusiano said:
I have not received a call from Nissan, either, and I'm a 2-bar loser. I'm now paranoid about bringing my car in to let them check it out, even if they ask me. How do I know they don't reset my capacity gauge back to 12 bars like they did with Ticktock's, then proclaim that my car is now "normal". ;)

They might, except it is also normal at 10, or 8, or any other combination.

For those wishing to 'gamble their capacity bars away' ;)

There's a new Blink DC Quick Charger in Tempe, at 'Wash Wizard', at the corner of McClintock and University. The business has no gates, so I think this one should be available after hours. It is about 100 yards east of the corner, on the South side of University. There are also 2 Blink L2 EVSEs there. This is a good location for those wanting to QC on the way to/from ASU.

I haven't gotten a call from Nissan about my two missing capacity bars. I haven't lost a third yet, which is odd since the second one disappeared so quicly after the first. I would hope that they would contact us at some point, as long as we've filed a complaint with their support and have a case number (which I do).

There's another QC that just went online yesterday which makes 7 now. It's on the Blink map located on N 7th St., just off the 101 in Phoenix. It's an Apartment Complex (Trillium Apartment Homes) and it's available 24/7! They have coffee drinks, popcorn, and a movie theatre! We received a raucous welcome yesterday being their first user. :eek:

LEAFfan said:
There's another QC that just went online yesterday which makes 7 now. It's on the Blink map located on N 7th St., just off the 101 in Phoenix. It's an Apartment Complex (Trillium Apartment Homes) and it's available 24/7! They have coffee drinks, popcorn, and a movie theatre! We received a raucous welcome yesterday being their first user. :eek:

Whoa, got to remember that one. I used the one at wash wizard on tuesday with no problems. One L2 station was ICED by the only car in the lot, so I think it was someone that was working there.

This morning I saw a leaf smacked up pretty bad at Brads Collision on 19th and Deer Valley. Anyone here? Hope everyone was ok.

Holding steady at 2. I have not seen any degradation in GIDs at 100% charge since june.

The colder weather is definitely seems to help with range..but that's just my perception. I don't keep track of it.

I tried the new QC at Trillium Apartments (just north of 101 on east side of 7th Street) on my way home yesterday. It worked great and allowed me to use the Leaf for the rest of my errands instead of exchanging vehicles. I ended the day after driving 120.2 miles without burning a drop of gasoline. Trillium is more like a resort than a typical apartment complex. If anyone is looking for an upscale apartment with charging facilities, this is the place.

Gerry

Volusiano said:
Plugshare says it's outside the gated area. So does it mean that it's open to the public and accessible 24/7?

It is accessible 24/7 since it is in the visitor parking area in front of the office/club house. I talked to the manager on duty to thank Trillium for working with Blink to make QC available. It is clearly a public charger and he said it has been getting a fair amount of use once it was added to the charger maps. Two L2 units are also there for those who need L2.

Gerry

I used the Trillium QC this weekend also, it worked well. They have a lounge area that was open, with restrooms, several couches, large screen TVs to sit down and rest a bit. Technically, I'm sure the lounge is primarily for residents, but we watched the Michigan game for a bit.

Back