Possible battery or heater issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CRLeafSL said:
Ok. To keep everyone in the loop, basically they found nothing. The codes that were stored in the computer were for communication issues. The Tech charged my car up and cleared all the codes and then drove it with the heater on and yes my heater works just fine. He drove it to low battery and then checked to see if any codes returned and they did not. He tried again last night charging it up and then checked again this morning for any codes and none. Everything is working as it should so I have my car back now. They also did my yearly battery check since I was about a month away from needing it done anyways, but didn't get a sheet with stars or anything on it so don't know how I rated. Just says on my work order that it was done. The only thing they could suggest was pretty much same as you guys said make sure carwings actually updates as it's supposed to. If it gets really cold again and it acts up I guess I will just have to take it back.

I don't think my heater was ever at fault cause I always had heat during this entire problem. The problem I think was more related to the car not really knowing what level the battery was actually at and therefore prematurely sending the car into "limited power" mode.

your ptc heater box will only fail at certain ambient temps. It's a random failure (or at least mine was). They found no fault codes until the last visit....before they cleared the codes, the outside temp rose, and the car reset itself, and cleared the codes on it's own. This is the way it was explained to me, hope that helps.

Back