Pre-delivery acceptance checklist?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pncguy

I am going to pick up my new 2015 leaf on Friday. Since this is a different beast than my old 1998 ICE car, I have been looking for a good pre-delivery acceptance checklist. I want to make sure I don't miss anything (CARWINGS setup, and so on.)

Does anyone have a good list they have seen or used in the past?

Thanks,!

ElectricEddy said:
Leaf Spy and a dongle, everything else is cosmetic.

Well, that's not really what I was looking for. In the thread talking about the "Carwings confusion" where the dealer hadn't set up Telematics it mentions a pre-delivery checklist. I'm looking for that. (I think I'll get it when I pick the car up, but I'd like to know what to check for, like "set up telematics".) Cosmetics and functionality is exactly what I am looking for.

I'm also looking for things that you all have found wrong with your Leafs at or after delivery so I can make sure I learn from your experience.

I have several of these that I found online, but none for a Leaf.

I am surprised I haven't gotten more of a response. I've searched the forum looking for this with no luck...

I agree with you. I can't believe no one is sharing this info. I'm too going to inspect a leaf and would like to know what to look for, what loose items come with the car, what should I be looking under the hood, under the trunk, etc. my leaf will be used. I think you have a better chance buying new. Good luck.

Well, two key fobs... Manual. Check for EVSE and air pump and tire goo you should never use. Make sure you can read the level of charge gauge... And like others have said, cosmetic: dents and scratches...

On mine, they were not supposed to drill for front plate, but did. I ended up with a make good off cosmetic hole inserts and touch up paint...

By the way, mine came out on a 3rd party flat bed, so I never did sign the Nissan range form agreement (contract).

The dealer has a checklist that they should follow, and share it with you... If there's anything wrong, they will list it and present a due bill, which you use to get them to fix, or make right...

You might want them to push the air pressure up in the tires... I run at 40 pounds for better range...

When you drive off, make sure the car runs true and no pull on wheel on level ground...

This is all from 2011 so there might be more, or less...

Good luck. It's pretty much like taking any other car except you can plug it in... :)

With my 2012 they pulled off the covering that protected the paint in transit and left some sticky material that looks (still) like vertical stripes on my rear fenders. I would make sure the paint looks okay and that the detail crew takes care of any transfers that occur before you drive off.
Some have also been promised no charge to charge cards that didn't show up. You also don't want to buy dealer added accessories that have a monthly fee - our local dealer has some sort of brake light flashing device that carries a few that can easily be bought and owner installed for less than $25. (The monthly payment would be a small hole in your boat, but for the dealer they are a sweet deal when spread over most of their inventory and a few years of monthly payments.)

You are not getting a space shuttle, make sure they give you the right paperwork, 2 sets of key fobs, and that the charger is in the trunk... It is just a car...

Back