problem with public charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lettcco

I was scoping out the existing location for public ev charging station, and what I saw makes me wonder if L2 charging station in public makes any sense:
IMAG0071.jpg

Probably due to the placement and fact it has not been used in a long time. Most public charging should be fine and much of it will be in logical locations, this ones seems odd by the looks of the photo.

lettcco said:
I was scoping out the existing location for public ev charging station, and what I saw makes me wonder if L2 charging station in public makes any sense:
The legacy chargers in California are more than 10 years old. They have received some sporadic maintenance thru donations from the EV community with little formal support. Having used several over the past year, your picture is the first one I've seen obviously vandalized. Though maybe half have some damage, many of them are still working. A recent CEC grant is looking to update these units to the J1772 standard (maybe not this one).

EVSE's in parking garages fare better than those in remote outdoor parking lots, so there are things to learn from the 1.0 experiment. But there will always be an element that does not want to see EVs succeed. If this unit is not listed as inop, you should post a comment on the evchargernews website.

I found this at a ride share parking lot at del mar ave, san gabriel, CA. I suppose if they build them like those metal parking meter, they will probably last longer.

http://www.evchargermaps.com/?SiteID=91776_4&Want=SPI%20LPI%20AVC%20OC&Zoom=17

Apprently destroyed (and unless replaced/repaired and destroyed again) back in 2003 !

LOS ANGELES COUNTY NEWS from Kenny Fried 3/4/03:
The Avcon Charger at the Park & Ride on Del Mar Ave ( do not confuse this with the other San Gabriel Park & Ride, on Mission Ave, which is O.K. as far as I know ) was completely destroyed by vandals today, the LPI next to it is O.K., still works.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY NEWS from Kenny Fried 3/4/03:
The Avcon Charger at the Park & Ride on Del Mar Ave ( do not confuse this with the other San Gabriel Park & Ride, on Mission Ave, which is O.K. as far as I know ) was completely destroyed by vandals today, the LPI next to it is O.K., still works.

VANDALS WILL BE ELECTROCUTED. :x

Back