Problems renewing registration in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stusf

Has anyone else experienced issues renewing their Leaf registration in Denver county or Colorado generally?
My leaf just came up for it's second renewal, I don't get notified of the renewal via mail and the license plate doesn't show up in their online renewal database so I can't renew online. DMV claims there is nothing wrong in their system and the online support team blames the DMV.
I'm wondering whether it's an issue with how they store/report EVs? I had the exact same issue last year with the Leaf, though my ICE vehicle is not an issue.

Thanks!

I just purchased my Leaf so I have not gone through it yet but I am curious on what the deal is in case I run into it. Did you get a new plate for your Leaf or transfer from a previous vehicle?

MikeinDenver said:
I just purchased my Leaf so I have not gone through it yet but I am curious on what the deal is in case I run into it. Did you get a new plate for your Leaf or transfer from a previous vehicle?

New plate, new purchase. When I first registered I had problems too.

I always handle my registration over the counter at the county clerk and recorder office. But I get my renewal notices in the mail same as the ICE car. This year they do have to charge the extra $50 EV fee and give you the windshield sticker, but that should work through the mail.

So, no, your problems don't seem EV specific to me. FWIW

Back