Quick Charge CHadeMo is working in San Francisco East Bay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxp

By sheer luck, I was running low on energy and decided to drop in on the Sunset Development / Bishop Ranch 6 CHadeMo chargers in San Ramon off Freeway 680.

It was fully operational. I charged to 60% in ~10mins and made it home with 2 bars.

CHadeMo is the way to go!!!!! Yay!

Use GPS addr input as: 2440 Camino Ramon, San Ramon, CA 94583.
Enter Bishop Ranch 6 complex from Camino Ramon. This is between Executive Pkwy and Norris Canyon Rd. Immediately turn left and follow right around the building towards rear.

There are:
* Dual-head CHadeMo Blink chargers which charges one vehicle at a single time
* 2 units of L2 Blink EVSEs

NOTE: Must use Blink RFID cards which accounts must have at minimum Blink Basic membership (which is Free) with a credit card listed in acct. (i.e. Blink Membership enabled).

It seem Free for now. I didn't see my credit card get charged for anything.

Will upload pics when I get more time...

For folks like me who are not at all familiar with Bishop Ranch, is this correct?

Coming north on 680, take Bollinger Canyon Rd., turning right.
Go 2 blks to Camino Ramon, turning left.
Go about 0.7 mile, past Executive Pkwy to the first Bishop Ranch 6 sign, on your left.
Turn left, and immediately left again, then follow around to the rear of the building on your right.

Coming south on 680, take Crow Canyon Rd., turning left.
Go over freeway, and 2 blks to Camino Ramon, turning right.
Go about 0.6 mile, past Norris Canyon Rd to the second Bishop Ranch 6 sign, on your right.
Turn right, and immediately left, then follow around to the rear of the building on your right.

Ray

planet4ever said:
For folks like me who are not at all familiar with Bishop Ranch, is this correct?

Coming north on 680, take Bollinger Canyon Rd., turning right.
Go 2 blks to Camino Ramon, turning left.
Go about 0.7 mile, past Executive Pkwy to the first Bishop Ranch 6 sign, on your left.
Turn left, and immediately left again, then follow around to the rear of the building on your right.

Coming south on 680, take Crow Canyon Rd., turning left.
Go over freeway, and 2 blks to Camino Ramon, turning right.
Go about 0.6 mile, past Norris Canyon Rd to the second Bishop Ranch 6 sign, on your right.
Turn right, and immediately left, then follow around to the rear of the building on your right.

Ray

Yep. That sounds correct, although I cannot remember if there were actually 2 entrances to Bishop Ranch 6 from Camino Ramon. If there was, it would be the one closer to Norris Canyon Rd.

Thanks for the detailed driving directions as it is a good reference.

This doesn't appear to be on the Blink Network Map (big surprise?)

So here somewhere? It would be nice if someone would put a marker on the map or provide exact coordinates.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
This doesn't appear to be on the Blink Network Map (big surprise?)

So here somewhere? It would be nice if someone would put a marker on the map or provide exact coordinates.

-Phil

Phil, Here ya go, the location is marked with a purple "X":

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43375161@N00/7100167629/in/photostream

photostream

I cannot get the picture to show up in this thread, if you know why, do help me fix the code.

its great that after our "immense" patience, DCFCs are starting to turn on. we are now getting reports of installs being completed in several areas previously designated by the West Coast Green Highway Project (charge points) for estimated turn on about mid May. One Blink so far (of an estimated 50 in the Seattle Area)

i think the QC's will help to show the ICE community just how effective a Leaf, iMEV and so on can be

jdc said:
This L3 charger is powered up but will not deliver a charge. Called Blink and they are investigating.

jdc, does your Blink RFID card have a Membership? You need to register for a membership on your acct and have a credit card on the acct for it to work. I have several Blink RFID cards (i.e different accounts), but only one that I registered for Membership allowed me to charge.

The card with no membership/no credit card did not work.

I called Blink again to ask about my account and they reported it was in good order with a credit card.
The guy at the L3, who tried to charge before me, also had the same problem.

The blink rep said the station might not be fully commission yet?

jdc said:
I called Blink again to ask about my account and they reported it was in good order with a credit card.
The guy at the L3, who tried to charge before me, also had the same problem.

The blink rep said the station might not be fully commission yet?

I am sorry to hear that it didn't work.

It was definitely working for me. Perhaps I was lucky... When I located the charger, both the handles were unlocked, I tapped my cards, and the one with the CC on acct worked. I proceeded to follow the instructions to insert the QC handle into the car. Then I was prompted to select level of charge (I selected 60%); and hit the Begin button. And, it started charging.

Just a thought: Have you ever used your Blink RFID cards anywhere else before?
For me, I am certain mine are working simply because I have used it a couple of times already to unlock the Ecotality office Blink chargers off Hegenberger Rd in Oakland.

If I have some spare time, perhaps I will drive up to San Ramon and try it again just for kicks..

That was my first "on the Blink station" that I have tried. I am going to call Blink and ask they why they were out of working order.

J

mxp said:
You need to register for a membership on your acct and have a credit card on the acct for it to work. I have several Blink RFID cards (i.e different accounts), but only one that I registered for Membership allowed me to charge.
The card with no membership/no credit card did not work.

Interesting, the RFID cards here work without a credit card membership.

I called on the Blink again today about the Sunset Development L3 charger in San Ramon, CA. and the customer service operator reported an issue with the RFID tag reader, that was causing the problems.

Which is odd, as the L3 read my card, took my zip code, authorized the charging, asked me what level of charge I wanted 40% 60% 80% or 100%, then started the charged, then stopped the charge due to communications failure?????

I don't know the total number of Blink DC chargers deployed. It's probably less than 10. Phoenix, Tennessee, one in California. They reported to the government that they built 61 last year and have them in their "distribution" points.

On the Nissan LEAF Facebook page, there is a series of posts indicated that at least two of the Tennessee Blinks DC chargers don't work. I wonder how many actually do work?

ECTY stock dropped 8.9% today, and 5% Friday. Close at $0.665. As most are probably aware, too long below $1 gets the stock delisted. They are still under indictment for securities fraud.

Here is a thread that I posted about repeated and continual failures of the Blink L2's in San Diego.

Back