Quick Charge CHadeMo is working in San Francisco East Bay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
I'm debating whether I should depend on it, twice, tomorrow for a 170 mile round trip to our granddaughter's place for Mothers Day.
Well, I chickened out, in large part because I ended up with three passengers for the trip, which would have caused a problem if we got stuck overnight. But I did swing by the place about seven this evening, and found the charger was working. In fact it really was working, pumping electrons into someone's pearl white LEAF. If I had been alone I would have stopped to chat, but as it was, I just swung through in our red Prius. So if you were there and happen to be reading this, now you know who that snoopy gang was checking you out. And now I know that I could have charged, but it might have taken more than half a hour.

Ray

TEG said:
But the % on the Blink doesn't seem to coincide exactly with what the car thinks.
Well, the Blink does get the info from the car. ;-) You'll see similar inconsistencies on other quick chargers. (But since many don't allow you to limit the target SoC, it doesn't impact the end charge result.)

Anyway... For Blink DC units, just pick 90% (or even 100%) as the target and just let the LEAF stop the charge when it determines it is appropriate. (90% CHAdeMO SoC on the Blink is close to what the LEAF thinks is 80%. 80%, as most have noticed, is closer to 70%.)

Just FYI, I work at Bishop ranch and charge there daily each morning for a couple of hours on the L2. I haven't had any problems yet. The right side of the QC has been down for weeks, but the left side seems to be functioning okay. I don't have QC so I haven't tried it out. If the L2 goes down, ill report it on plug share so as not to waste someone a trip.

Back