Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn (WA) $100 below Dealer Invoice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
http://www.prlog.org/10889052-seattle-nissan-dealer-to-offer-new-leaf-100-under-invoice.html

What's going on here? This is not even an official press release. Something is not adding up here. 1 dealer is suddenly substantially less than any other dealer in it's area, by well over $1,000, then a fake news article for that dealer is posted in the forum. Anyone can go to that web site and "make-up" a look alike press release. Nobody has posted anything that is confirmed in writing and it's not even on their web site. I'll believe it when I see it. Their stock is dropping like a rock for me. Not to be negative, it just seems like the beginnings of the same old car tricks when I walk in to buy a car.

I have been busy for the last couple days guys sorry about no response to the shipping question family duties had me tied up.

1. I do handle shipping for some clients (Ball Players for NFL MLB and NBA) and since I do that I have hundreds of connections in the auto shipping world. If you know what your doing and can hit trucks not full and are flexible on shipping schedules you can get some great deals. I would even be willing to help members of this forum with shipping on their vehicles so that everybody can enjoy deals that they are trying to get wherever they get them.

2. I spoke with Greg Leach and Todd Fee at Rairdons Nissan of Auburn at length yesterday and after that conversation I feel very confident that this is not a scam! They have 5 other family run dealerships in Washington and for over a year now they have been the #1 Dodge Chrylser Jeep dealer in Washington and in that process dont get beat on prices for those makes. The BBB topic did come up and they are in process but they told me that they are in the process for BBB accredidation however they require the dealer to have 12 months in operation so they wont have that for awhile however (I am confident in the state consumer protection more than a bbb company that gets paid by business to be listed) I checked theri dealer reviews on a website I frequent with auto dealers http://www.dealerrater.com and looked at their other dealerships ratings which are all high this is a consumer submitted review site.

3. They commited in writing to the price of $100 under invoice on my vehicle and also gave me $450 shipping credit and matched the doc fee for my local dealer (That equated to $95.00 less than the doc fee here versus washingtons) I signed that and sent it back to them then confirmed them as my leaf dealer. They said that they took this stance because of the stance they take at all their dealerships of moving volume versus gross on the leaf.

I just talked with the dealership.

Everyone interested in this pricing contact them directly. As you can imagine lot of other interested parties are not happy about this deal ... but for dealships outside the core metro areas where most of the Leaf buyers are from, discounting is the only way to get customers.

Jtaylor said:
I have been busy for the last couple days guys sorry about no response to the shipping question family duties had me tied up.

1. I do handle shipping for some clients (Ball Players for NFL MLB and NBA) and since I do that I have hundreds of connections in the auto shipping world. If you know what your doing and can hit trucks not full and are flexible on shipping schedules you can get some great deals. I would even be willing to help members of this forum with shipping on their vehicles so that everybody can enjoy deals that they are trying to get wherever they get them.

2. I spoke with Greg Leach and Todd Fee at Rairdons Nissan of Auburn at length yesterday and after that conversation I feel very confident that this is not a scam! They have 5 other family run dealerships in Washington and for over a year now they have been the #1 Dodge Chrylser Jeep dealer in Washington and in that process dont get beat on prices for those makes. The BBB topic did come up and they are in process but they told me that they are in the process for BBB accredidation however they require the dealer to have 12 months in operation so they wont have that for awhile however (I am confident in the state consumer protection more than a bbb company that gets paid by business to be listed) I checked theri dealer reviews on a website I frequent with auto dealers http://www.dealerrater.com and looked at their other dealerships ratings which are all high this is a consumer submitted review site.

3. They commited in writing to the price of $100 under invoice on my vehicle and also gave me $450 shipping credit and matched the doc fee for my local dealer (That equated to $95.00 less than the doc fee here versus washingtons) I signed that and sent it back to them then confirmed them as my leaf dealer. They said that they took this stance because of the stance they take at all their dealerships of moving volume versus gross on the leaf.

J, if Gonewild and I can find a shipper for $450, will Greg just make the arrangements and pay the driver so we won't have to pay out of pocket? Is that how you are doing it?

leaffan said:
J, if Gonewild and I can find a shipper for $450, will Greg just make the arrangements and pay the driver so we won't have to pay out of pocket? Is that how you are doing it?

See what I wrote above ...

Everyone interested in this pricing contact them directly.

I am trying to change my dealer from Fantana to Rairdon's but it will not change.
I notice I can change to any other dealer but Rairdon's are not selectable is banned or is it just me anyone else?

Gonewild said:
I am trying to change my dealer from Fantana to Rairdon's but it will not change.
I notice I can change to any other dealer but Rairdon's are not selectable is banned or is it just me anyone else?

I couldn't change it myself either, so I had the 'Chat' person do it for me. :)

I will also be purchasing my Nissan LEAF from Rairdon's of Aurburn in Washington. However, I was able to change my preferred dealer to Rairdon's by selecting their ZIPCODE and then selecting their dealership. Looking forward to a carrier full of Leaf's arriving in early January. The RED one's mine. :D

SilverLeaf said:
I will also be purchasing my Nissan LEAF from Rairdon's of Aurburn in Washington. However, I was able to change my preferred dealer to Rairdon's by selecting their ZIPCODE and then selecting their dealership. Looking forward to a carrier full of Leaf's arriving in early January. The RED one's mine. :D

Yes. You can just use any of the nearby zipcodes - like 98002 or 98005.

Gonewild said:
Rairdon is making the CASH. Congrats

Well not as much as others. Someone who sells Leaf MSRP is making twice the money Rairdon makes. If you leave out the costs it is even more.

I think of every extra dollar we give a dealership as subsidizing the gas guzzler sitting on that lot :cry:

Gonewild said:
Rairdon is doing volume and then they make more for Nissan and hold backs etc.

Ofcourse - otherwise they can't sell for less than invoice. But others get the holdbacks too ...

The margin on the Leaf should be higher. Than a normal car. Who pays the electric bill on the charging stations that will be installed?

The dealer will have an additional expense. I agree. That cutting the price now makes for great biz and they. Are stilll making a little something

Back