Recall 19055 - prompt response please

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pomonabill220 said:
Well, Well, Well... from what I have read after posting, it IS available FINALLY!
I will be calling Nissan to get the update!
First I will get the firmware versions from my Jan 2018 leaf so I can see what was updated. I do have a little DCFC info from leafspy, but haven't used FC much at all.
Also from what I read, the regen is a little more agressive and that is one thing I wanted to see also.... we'll see though.
The only time I really need the rapidgat fix is when I go see my Dad and have to FC a couple of times. One pretty long and then a top up. but by the time of the topup, the FC has been dropped to about 20Kw, and that kills it for me.
We'll see what happens though!

Realize the update doesn't fix RapidGate, only makes it less inconvenient. Depending on the temperature, you will see a 25-65% improvement. The hotter, the greater the improvement. Haven't seen the extreme ends of the spectrum (only went as high as 130º) but have side by sides of 14.5 KW charging verse 24 KW at same temperature range.

All though the drop off starts around the same temp (high 80's) it is not nearly as severe where I was seeing 115 amps (of possible 124) at 105º which was a significant jump from previous where I was seeing ~95 amps.

Pomonabill220 said:
Well, Well, Well... from what I have read after posting, it IS available FINALLY!
I will be calling Nissan to get the update!
First I will get the firmware versions from my Jan 2018 leaf so I can see what was updated. I do have a little DCFC info from leafspy, but haven't used FC much at all.
Also from what I read, the regen is a little more agressive and that is one thing I wanted to see also.... we'll see though.
The only time I really need the rapidgat fix is when I go see my Dad and have to FC a couple of times. One pretty long and then a top up. but by the time of the topup, the FC has been dropped to about 20Kw, and that kills it for me.
We'll see what happens though!

Realize the update doesn't fix RapidGate, only makes it less inconvenient. Depending on the temperature, you will see a 25-65% improvement. The hotter, the greater the improvement. Haven't seen the extreme ends of the spectrum (only went as high as 130º) but have side by sides of 14.5 KW charging verse 24 KW at same temperature range.

All though the drop off starts around the same temp (high 80's) it is not nearly as severe where I was seeing 115 amps (of possible 124) at 105º which was a significant jump from previous where I was seeing ~95 amps.

Back