Received the mail from Nissan today (Apr 22)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cacti said:
I have not received any emails from Nissan, registered 21 April 2010?

Nothing at all? I would be somewhat concerned about that. You should have received at least 2 by now - one saying your reservation was complete and at least one indicating that you'd be contacted by June 30th (two with the one erroneously sent today). You are, for sure, able to login on the Leaf web site and see your reservation number, right?

mwalsh said:
Cacti said:

Nothing at all? I would be somewhat concerned about that. You should have received at least 2 by now - one saying your reservation was complete and at least one indicating that you'd be contacted by June 30th (two with the one erroneously sent today). You are, for sure, able to login on the Leaf web site and see your reservation number, right?

And check your email address in your profile!

Yes, I can log onto the web site and see my reservation number. I did call the Leaf help line and they told me every thing is in order and by 30 June 2010 I will receive an email. I just found it odd others were receiving email much sooner than 30 June 2010?

I got another email from Nissan about an hour ago. This one was asking me to share my excitement about the Leaf with friends.

I bet that's the email they meant to send out earlier. :)

DeaneG said:
mwalsh said:
Cacti said:

And check your email address in your profile!

Yes, I have checked my email address in my profile.

If they could only put their time into PRODUCING the Leafs, and turn off the email machine for a while, I think we would all be happier :)

mitch672 said:
If they could only put their time into PRODUCING the Leafs, and turn off the email machine for a while, I think we would all be happier :)

I kinda agree. Actually, what they need to do is get off of what I consider to be "BS Marketing 101" and start coming up with definitive (and accurate) answers to some of the very important questions that are still outstanding!

I like the reassurance that they know who I am. And face it, marketing people do not know or understand technical details. And they can't very well parrot what no one knows, yet. And if they don't say anything concrete, Nissan won't take any flak for them saying something wrong.

I also received the first two e-mails, mentioning August, then June 30th. Then, again a 3rd e-mail today asking me to share my excitement.

mwalsh said:
mitch672 said:

I kinda agree. Actually, what they need to do is get off of what I consider to be "BS Marketing 101" and start coming up with definitive (and accurate) answers to some of the very important questions that are still outstanding!

Your name is not Bo is it? Do you have any restraining orders? HaHa.

I am glad I am not the only one to receive the 2nd email. I thought maybe I was in the system twice or they were having more troubles with their database again. I am in a non ealry release state so both said the exact same thing.

There are times when I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii to come out. :)

mwalsh said:
Another email today. Again, nothing new or interesting. Just some stuff on Smryna, the Tour of California bicycle race, reservation figures, and my reservation number.

I got one too. But, if you click through where it shows your reservation info, it gives you the chance to change your configuration set back when you reserved.

Don't get all excited.....I just got a Nissan email but it's nothing great, news-wise.

It talks about the Smyrna opening; a bit about the new Nissan You Tube channel; Shiro Nakamura winning an industry award for his design work; a bit about the partnership with Lance Armstrong; and a contest to win a Nismo 370Z (which is probably the best part of the email!).

I have not received any Nissan email since the "spread the word" message on May 28. So Nissan has today and 3 business days next week to send me something. I'm feeling a little left out.

Are there others that have not received their June message?

Back