Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this in the inbox: :D

Johnny,

We are releasing registration e-mails in batches through out the week based on registration dates.
We will follow the First In First Out philosophy however adjustments may be made to accommodate market and production conditions.

At this time we would just ask you to be patient and as soon as you are able to reserve you will get an e-mail from us.

Cheers,
Jesse
Nissan LEAF Customer Support

Somebody please post when you receive your reservation email.

Why couldn't they simply say,"reservations will start on May 1st with an email from Nissan. Emails will be distributed in batches based on your registration date."

I love the car, but the company really needs to learn a thing about customer service.

Anxiously awaiting my email regardless.....

Please don't ask me to explain/comment any further ... something I have "heard":

* Select hand raisers in original 7 launch states will receive an email invitation starting Sunday May 1 to reserve a place in line.
* "hand raiser" is someone who registered between 8/2/2009 and 4/20/2011 ( I think the 2011 may be a "typo" and should say "2010", but, of course I could be wrong ) at nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car.
* Approx 48 hours after reserving ... will be invited to RAQ :!:
* Apparently (unconfirmed) this RAQ would be for a 2011 model.

(The whole "thing" is "unconfirmed" ... take it for what it's worth, but bullet 3 alone was enough to cause my posting. I don't know what determines "select". )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the games begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

People this is Nissans way of clearing the remaining 2011 production

If this is correct reserve and then within 48 hours RAQ , then that's kinda like forcing people to make a quick decision , good move on Nissans part

These new reservations will become orders for 2011's

Then in the fall tier 2 will get first crack at the early 2012's

I wonder if the "week" has begun yet or if the May 1st date was a complete red herring. There haven't been any reports here of anyone receiving a registration email today.

LEAFing said:
Please don't ask me to explain/comment any further ... something I have "heard":

* Select hand raisers in original 7 launch states will receive an email invitation starting Sunday May 1 to reserve a place in line.
* "hand raiser" is someone who registered between 8/2/2009 and 4/20/2011 ( I think the 2011 may be a "typo" and should say "2010", but, of course I could be wrong ) at nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car.

I think that the 4/20/11 date is probably correct. That's the date of the Nissan announcement and seems like a reasonable cutoff.

Here I fixed it for you.

JohnnySebring said:

Johnny,

We are releasing registration e-mails in batches through out the week based on registration dates.
We will follow the Last In Early Out philosophy however we will make sure to mess up the process as much as possible with adjustments made as often as possible to accommodate market and production conditions and just to screw with your head as much as we can.

At this time we would just ask you to be patient and as soon as you are able to reserve you will get an e-mail from us.

Cheers,
Jesse

JohnnySebring said:

Johnny,

We will follow the First In First Out philosophy however adjustments may be made to accommodate market and production conditions.

Cheers,
Jesse

Well, at least we all know we can stop refreshing the Nissan site.. Surprised we did not DOS the server that host it:) Now we just need to check email and respond ASAP..
Ohh, and GO USA.... :)

Kataphn said:
All I can think of is .....a whole new batch of folks getting on this roller coaster...one year and counting for us!

Well also the closer to 2012 I assume they will be delivering much faster as the plants Ramp up etc... And all those that get a 2012 will benefit from all of the 2011 bug fixes etc... Hey at least they are making um!. Go Nissan.

thew said:
JohnnySebring said:

Johnny,

Cheers,
Jesse

Well, at least we all know we can stop refreshing the Nissan site.. Surprised we did not DOS the server that host it:) Now we just need to check email and respond ASAP..

It appears that we have DOSed Nissan's server. It has been regularly showing " I am sorry that page is temporalily unavailable" today. I know several who had had access issues today.

mgoleta said:
thew said:
JohnnySebring said:

Johnny,

Cheers,
Jesse

It appears that we have DOSed Nissan's server. It has been regularly showing " I am sorry that page is temporalily unavailable" today. I know several who had had access issues today.

Wow.. its still up for me here but I am not surprised.. Well now they can all stop and simply check EMAIL like you all stated before :).... AND GO USA!!!!

AmarilloLeaf said:
LALeaf said:
Here I fixed it for you.

JohnnySebring said:

Johnny,
[/i] to screw with your head as much as we can[/i].

I guess cynicism/humor is one of those things that just isn't so funny or cute when typed in.

Keep the day job.

It made me laugh ! :p
evdatsn.jpg

Much like my new Plate :ugeek:

I am just hoping that the part of Nissan designing and building the cars is more on the ball than the ones trying to sell them. It sounds like they are using a similar system to last time, but didn't bother to tell anyone until after the fact. And they didn't even make their own deadline.

And it seems like many of us will be looking at 2012 models. Does anyone know if they will be upgrading the charger for 2012? I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be 6.? kW instead of 3.3.

nogajim said:
I am just hoping that the part of Nissan designing and building the cars is more on the ball than the ones trying to sell them. It sounds like they are using a similar system to last time, but didn't bother to tell anyone until after the fact. And they didn't even make their own deadline.

And it seems like many of us will be looking at 2012 models. Does anyone know if they will be upgrading the charger for 2012? I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be 6.? kW instead of 3.3.

I would be fine with a 2012.. But you are right Really Nissan needs to put that letter on the Leaf site so we all know..

And yes.. Go USA...

Back