Rest of September ordering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
deetime7767 said:
The West Coast E.V.O.M. told me that because of the already 1,200 order slots opened to RAQ thus far to date, of those, half have ordered and the other has not! This provoked Nissan to temporarily postpone sending /opening more slots until those outstanding customers get their orders RAQ's in and "Accepted". (This has nothing to do with people effected by eTech). If you know someone who is lollygagging on completing their RAQ, consider them the hold-up for the rest of the folks anxiously awaiting their opportunity. I have such a fellow at my dealership who simply is "thinking on it" even though we've spoken to him and given him the deal he wants, since day 1...08/31. Go figure! :cry:

Not all of the people that have open dashboards and haven't ordered have the earliest reservation times, so I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to stop them for those (four days-week is enough time to allow them to order). There are people that are waiting for order emails that have earlier reservation times than some that have already ordered or that can order now and haven't. So that idea doesn't sound right to me. I'm still believing it is ECOtality running behind.

LakeLeaf said:
Nissan has decided to introduce their new battery technology earlier
<snip>
Nissan has realized that 3.3 isn't going to cut it, so they are going to move all cars to the 6.6 capability.
<snip>
[Nissan] are starting to realize that 80% of their cars on the road with the wrong QC is going to be a problem, so they will also fix this by installing what is going to be the US standard, and installing this on all cars - SV and SL at no extra charge.

Of course, Nissan, in a gesture of good will, decides to retro fit, at no cost, all of the early delivery cars to the new batteries at no charge to the customer.
I heard that people are growing - and the government is finding - a lot of marijuana in the Sierra foothills. Has the smoke from the "eradication" been wafting its way clear up to Lake Tahoe? :lol: [I know, tongue in cheek. Thanks for the laugh.]

I just heard from a friend at Nissan that a disgruntled employee has been locking dash boards because too many people have been complaining here and repeatedly calling CS again and agin with the same questions. The order flow should open up on Monday:) All delayed orders get a free Nissan USB stick or coffee mug.

planet4ever said:
LakeLeaf said:
Nissan has decided to introduce their new battery technology earlier
<snip>
Nissan has realized that 3.3 isn't going to cut it, so they are going to move all cars to the 6.6 capability.
<snip>
[Nissan] are starting to realize that 80% of their cars on the road with the wrong QC is going to be a problem, so they will also fix this by installing what is going to be the US standard, and installing this on all cars - SV and SL at no extra charge.

Of course, Nissan, in a gesture of good will, decides to retro fit, at no cost, all of the early delivery cars to the new batteries at no charge to the customer.
I heard that people are growing - and the government is finding - a lot of marijuana in the Sierra foothills. Has the smoke from the "eradication" been wafting its way clear up to Lake Tahoe? :lol: [I know, tongue in cheek. Thanks for the laugh.]
LMAO!!! I was thinking the same damn thing!...what the heck is this guy is talking about???

Good one, Planet4ever!

LakeLeaf said:

The company has decided to correct their three major deficits before they are widely deployed and become a problem. The first thousand or so cars will roll out in December just to demonstrate that the thing actually exists, but they will all be retrofitted and brought up to spec- or just replaced with new vehicles.

It's a theory, hopefully it will makes it's way to Mark to comment on!

It's a pleasant thought to start the weekend on.

If Nissan DOES change the battery specs after the first batch hits the streets, and DOESN'T retrofit free of charge, I'll be pissed. I know early-adopter means paying a price, but how often is a significant change made in the middle of a model year? Small changes, yes, but new battery technology and/or charger capabilities....well, I'd hate to be left out simply because I was in the first wave of ordering.

(crossing my fingers it is exactly as you're guessing!!)

Did Nissan say that they would release orders every day of every month? Did I miss something? All speculation aside, I am pretty sure someone not getting an eMail to order simply means they did not get an eMail to order.

Xenalmorph said:
Did Nissan say that they would release orders every day of every month? Did I miss something? All speculation aside, I am pretty sure someone not getting an eMail to order simply means they did not get an eMail to order.

Firstly, yes, Yvonne said that email orders go out EVERY day through Sept. 30. I guess you did miss something. Secondly, you missed the fact that TWO dealers so far said they have had no orders Tues.-Fri, that's four days. How sure are you now? ;)

planet4ever said:

Dude, we're like completely stoked up here in Tahoe about the Leaf - and about all that funky smoke you lowlanders are sending our way. It's all cool, man. Peace out. :cool:

leaffan said:
Xenalmorph said:

Firstly, yes, Yvonne said that email orders go out EVERY day through Sept. 30. I guess you did miss something. Secondly, you missed the fact that TWO dealers so far said they have had no orders Tues.-Fri, that's four days. How sure are you now? ;)

Thank you for explaining. I do not know anything about promises made for Sept ordering (who is Yvonne?). Seriously, I still don't know how having a gap in Leaf orders leads to all the rampant speculation on this thread?!? I mean, how does this effect the number, design or time of Leafs being built and delivered??? Having a gap in the orders just means there is a gap in the orders. Nothing more, nothing less.

Xenalmorph said:
Seriously, I still don't know how having a gap in Leaf orders leads to all the rampant speculation on this thread?!? I mean, how does this effect the number, design or time of Leafs being built and delivered??? Having a gap in the orders just means there is a gap in the orders. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speculation fills in gaps. Nissan should post an official explanation on the facebook - that is what it is for.

LakeLeaf said:
deetime7767 said:
The West Coast E.V.O.M. told me that because of the already 1,200 order slots opened to RAQ thus far to date, of those, half have ordered and the other has not! This provoked Nissan to temporarily postpone sending /opening more slots until those outstanding customers get their orders RAQ's in and "Accepted".
So this fits in perfectly with my warped interpretation of events - (text deleted)

It's a theory, hopefully it will makes it's way to Mark to comment on!
It's a pleasant thought to start the weekend on.
Ahh. The Eternal Optimist. Sure beats listening to the Eternal Pessimist.
For our sakes, I hope 1% of your Theory comes true ... it is good to dream. ;)

As of 1:40 p.m. today (Monday) I cannot order. The live chat line told me they have NOT suspended ordering, and that the sample of folks on this chat board is just too small to be representative. (My understanding is that initial roll-out would be around 6,000 cars, and I gather that about 60 people have posted their order status here, which is only one percent of the total.) On he other hand, I've never actually gotten any reliable information from them, so I regard everything they tell me as wild speculation, the same as most of what I read here.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the higher-volume dealers as to whether they have had any orders come in since last Monday.

daniel said:
As of 1:40 p.m. today (Monday) I cannot order. The live chat line told me they have NOT suspended ordering, and that the sample of folks on this chat board is just too small to be representative. (My understanding is that initial roll-out would be around 6,000 cars, and I gather that about 60 people have posted their order status here, which is only one percent of the total.) On he other hand, I've never actually gotten any reliable information from them, so I regard everything they tell me as wild speculation, the same as most of what I read here.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the higher-volume dealers as to whether they have had any orders come in since last Monday.

I don't believe THAT at all! Anything Nissan tells me anymore, I just count it as a lie. At least two dealers have said they have had NO RAQs in the last four days, and I'll be they don't get any today either. I still haven't received an email reply from Nissan when I asked them what's going on? I really expect them to ignore it. I don't know why they can't just be honest and let us know what is REALLY happening.

leaffan said:
At least two dealers have said they have had NO RAQs in the last four days, and I'll be they don't get any today either.

Could you remind us which?

Also peeps, if you are going to email your PD, could you check here first to make sure someone hasn't already done so. Don't want to bombard dealers with the same question!

I just emailed Connell.

mwalsh said:
leaffan said:
At least two dealers have said they have had NO RAQs in the last four days, and I'll be they don't get any today either.

Could you remind us which?

Also peeps, if you are going to email your PD, could you check here first to make sure someone hasn't already done so. Don't want to bombard dealers with the same question!

I just emailed Connell.

Leon at Mossy and Greg at Rairdon's. I'm still waiting to hear back from Greg about why the delays? He said he was going to call his EV Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back