Sacramento Area Gathering #3 ????

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I have to attend a conference in Napa on 17th and 18th. I would definitely miss the fum though.

I'm in for REI on the 18th.

Is anyone interested in joining me at the Woz Cup International Segway World Championship in Folsom the next day (or perhaps later that day)?

Just got off the phone with the SMUD EV promotion/support staff. They are going to set up a "planning meeting" for some/any of us, their staff, and others in the support side of the Sacramento EV area for next week (time to be determined).

I will keep you all informed of this as it gets confirmed; it will be at their headquarters here in Sacramento.

Sounds like they are willing to participate with us, maybe, maybe, even do some promotion/publicity, and certainly show up with some of their people and cars!!!!

Later,
George

GeekEV said:
Is anyone interested in joining me at the Woz Cup International Segway World Championship in Folsom the next day (or perhaps later that day)?
jmillington said:
I'm in for both events! :)
Cool. I've got an email out to the guy that invited me asking him for more details on what would be the best day/time to show up and what the power situation is there. I'm thinking it's probably best we show between matches or at halftime or something. I'll post up again with more details as I get them. Do keep in mind that Sunday is Father's Day, if that changes anyone's plans...

Yes, SMUD may have a major interest in supporting outreach efforts at REI. It might even be possible that they will pay the nominal cost for the solar trailer we had in Roseville to give at least some charging to those LEAFs coming from far away. If coming from south ... there's always Nissan of Elk Grove for a "boost" on your way back home.

I should be available for REI on Saturday, but need to confirm in a few days.

(Nice work; :) thanks, George.)

I just saw a blue LEAF I didn't know in the parking lot by the Cheesecake Factory in Roseville with plates that say "NOO GAS"... Is that anyone here?

I am meeting tomorrow/Friday with SMUD and CARB EV staff at the SMUD offices for a full planning meeting to go over what THEY can do to support our 18 June gathering at REI (near CalExpo).

I will update here what comes from the meeting tomorrow, but it does look like we might get staff from both those "infrastructure" groups to join with us. I am blindly optimistic that we might even be able to get some publicity support from SMUD.....

George

Planning Meeting Report with SMUD Staff: Friday 1 pm, 3 June:

SMUD staff are planning on setting up a table and maybe a "pop-up tent" for our gathering on 18 June. They actually have neither the Leaf nor the Volt yet in their EV fleet, but might bring a converted Prius to the gathering.

They are also VERY interested in setting up a future gathering AT THEIR OFFICES just off Hiway 50, and by September they should have charging stations J1772/240v in the customer service lot across from the main building there at 6301 S Street.

We are still hopeful that CARB people will show and bring some of their cars (they have Leaf and Volt (maybe?) ).

So, let's plan on a fun "owner's picnic" and educational outreach for 18 June at REI downtown. Ideally as many as possible might stay for the 10 am to 3 pm time window, or whatever works for your own responsibilities.

Any HANDOUTS that people want to print up on their own computer systems, outlining cost benefits, driving experiences or whatever might also be useful...

George,

You still never answered my question about whether they have any 120v outlets available, or better yet 240v. You did mention that they don't have a charge station, and that is fine, but a simple 120v outlet would allow me to bring my leaf (as long as I'm there a few hours).

Thanks,

I will check tomorrow on any possible 110v charging, but I am going to say ....it might not be available, since it would mean that REI was paying for that charging....

8 - ((((((

But maybe they will be generous?

Even though I remain leafless I plan on attending. My ETA is still July though I got an email from Nissan indicating that that had been updated. Does not show up on my dashboard yet. Could be bad, could be good /;-(

GeorgeParrott said:
I will check tomorrow on any possible 110v charging, but I am going to say ....it might not be available, since it would mean that REI was paying for that charging....

8 - ((((((

But maybe they will be generous?

I understand if they don't want to, but sometimes people don't realize how little cost there is. L1 at 1500w (generous) and if I'm there for two hours would only be 3kWh. At 10c/kWh thats 30cents. If I were there a long time I might draw $0.50 worth of power. I'll gladly pay them for this power. Like I said, even with this knowledge, they may not want to allow us to plug in and I'll understand, and I want to thank you for organizing this and asking them about the power availability.

The 10 miles of range I'd gain is enough to allow me to bring my Leaf. Otherwise I'd have to stop at the dealership in Elk Grove for 45 minutes and there is absolutely nothing to do there. I wish there were something walking distance from there.

For those who also want to go to the Woz Cup International Segway World Championship in Folsom, I've firmed up our plans to meet there on Sunday, June 19th from 11am - 2pm. It is being held at the Prairie City Stadium at Folsom High School. They only have enough room to showcase three cars and I've got my LEAF, a Volt and a Tesla on tap for them. However, any of the rest of you are welcome to join us. There is normally a $5 admission, but if want in for free, PM me with your full name and I'll get you on the will call list.

Back