Sacramento Area Gathering #3 ????

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE: Charging at the REI gathering 18 June

It MIGHT be possible. I had a phone chat with their "Outreach Coordinator," and she was going to talk to her boss. IF, repeat IF, such could occur, it would be behind the store, so any car getting charged would be out of sight of the public access and interaction area, at least during the charging period...

I talked to her on Monday, and have not yet heard back from her.....

Thank you George. I just found out yesterday that one of my customers just contracted with one of their equipment suppliers to send a technician from Italy on Friday the 17th and he is leaving on the following Wednesday. I need to coordinate with this gentleman, which means I'll probably have to work that weekend. I'm hoping that I wont, but I'm now knocked back to 'maybe' status for attending the event (with or without the Leaf).

GeorgeParrott said:
RE: Charging at the REI gathering 18 June

It MIGHT be possible. I had a phone chat with their "Outreach Coordinator," and she was going to talk to her boss. IF, repeat IF, such could occur, it would be behind the store, so any car getting charged would be out of sight of the public access and interaction area, at least during the charging period...

I talked to her on Monday, and have not yet heard back from her.....
How about SMUD pony up for the nominal expense to get the solar trailer there again, like when we had it in Roseville ?

EV charging from Solar ... the perfect combo for advertising & outreach !

The "Education Day" is fast approaching. We do NOT have on-site charging, so attendees be aware.

However, I will be bringing DONUTS to reward the early arrivals. I am going to be at REI to cordon off our parking area by 9 am on Saturday.

Remember to bring sunscreen, a folding chair, and personal sun protection. We are going to have a pretty nice weekend finally !!!!! A cooler with ice and chilled drinks would be another GOOD IDEA, though it is supposed to be almost perfect mid-80's on Saturday....

In "theory," Nissan is expressing brochures to me for us to hand out, but my original call to them "got lost in the bowels of wonderful Leaf "customer service," and it took an email to their VP of sales to get that actually moving.

8 - (

See you at REI on Saturday morning !!!

I'll be missing the fun this time. I am sure it would be a great get together for all Sac LEAFers and other EV owners. Hopefully I would be able to make it the next time. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Is SMUD's ClipperCreek at 6500 S Street obvious - i.e. is it easy to find?

LEAFer said:
There's a Coulomb (1xL1 + 1xL2) at Harv's Carwash downtown (currently in a "Maintenance" state = L2 not working). There's a new Coulomb station (1xL1 + 1xL2) at Courtyard by Marriott on Exposition Blvd near that Costco/REI center. SMUD has one ClipperCreek at 6500 S Street (not too far away). Downtown 10th & I garage should have lots of J1772 by June (legacy Avcon conversions). Elk Grove Nissan (for long drives from South).

jmillington said:
Is SMUD's ClipperCreek at 6500 S Street obvious - i.e. is it easy to find?
Fairly so, yes ... across from SMUD Customer Service Center Bldg, next to Chevron station, with only some bushes & trees between the Chevron and the EVSE parking spot.

Type this into Google Maps ... it's at the green arrow: "38.5516,-121.4288"

(And it looks like the actual address is 6300 S Street.)

I have a tracking number and a UPS report that the Leaf brochures will be at my house by 10:30 am TODAY/Thursday. It is amazing what a post to the really "high ups" can do. Looks like we will have around 100 handouts for the Leaf.

I suspect I will bring our Volt again, since it appears we will have a good showing from the Leaf forum members, but he quiet from the Volt forum notice is deafening....

(non sequitur intended).

George

p.s. Remember there will be donuts for the early arrivals. Bring sunscreen and a folding chair, and perhaps a cooler chest with ice and cool drinks.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it. I'm 10 weeks away from having a baby, and had some false labor pains last night. Since I live an hour away, the thought of getting stranded without a charged battery kinda worries me.

Bummer. We've got a lot of us out here. There's 8 LEAFs, 6 Volts and a Tesla. We also had a little EV trike from Sparrow out here. Not a TON of public, but there's so many cars here to look at so no one person is swamped with questions. :lol:

Sacramento EV Owners Wrap-Up Report:

We had, at one time 8 Leaf cars, 8 Volt cars and a Tesla and a Sparrow. Late in the day as some of the early arrivals had left, we had a second Tesla arrive, so toward the end we had two of the Tesla Roadsters !

Nissan sent informational material, but I was not able to connect with the right people at GM to get Volt promo material for this gathering (next time?).

We had plenty of cars and a trickle from 10 am to 3 pm of interested REI shoppers coming by to check out the new technology. We had a pop-up tent staffed by our local electric utility to answer questions about charging costs and rate options.

Game plan is probably to do another such "education gathering" and owner's social at the SMUD office headquarters (where they actually have J1772 charge points) in late August. One of our attendees is going to work up a facebook page on the gathering, and I will post that information as he finalizes those photos...

George, thanks for organizing this successful gathering!
It was nice to meet you'all.

- Jim Millington

WP_000009.jpg

WP_000010.jpg

Hey folks, glad you had a good meeting! I just happen to be in Sac today (leafless) and I'm staying at the Hyatt by the Capitol. They have the EV parking that Tesla set up with them with a NEMA 14-50 outlet. I don't see any mention of this in any of the EV databases that I use so I'll look into it further and see if I can add it in...

Edit: found out the details and added it to Recargo.

Bill

Any of those who attended the REI EV Gathering...

IF you have pictures taken at our gathering that you are willing to let me use and upload to "High Gear Media" websites for use in reporting our gathering....

Please send them directly to me as attachments at your earliest convenience, e.g. YESTERDAY?????

Thanks so much.

George Parrott

[email protected]

Back