San Francisco Bay Area Quick Chargers Getting them sooner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Northbay Nissan in Petaluma is suppose to get one also. I seem to recall Ron Coury saying so at one of the GGEVA meetings I attended.

So let's all take the next step and contact the dealers we want to have QC and report back on their progress. Since self-interest is such a great motivator, follow up on the ones you could use and post back on this forum.

Per Sue, no Quick Charge planned for Davis Nissan, nor has she heard of any plans for Quick Chargers at Roseville or Sacramento Nissans. Previously confirmed that no Quick Chargers are planned for Fairfield or Vacaville Nissans.

Phoenix said:
So let's all take the next step and contact the dealers we want to have QC and report back on their progress. Since self-interest is such a great motivator, follow up on the ones you could use and post back on this forum.

I picked my car up from North Bay this past weekend and since I live 60 miles away, I told them if they get a quick charger, I would return for maintenance. The guy (not Ron) said they had no plans at this time.

On another note, I spoke to Ecotality BayArea and the guy told me that they have 6 identified spots for quick chargers, supposedly going in before the end of 2011. Couldnt say specifically where, but he did say 1 in the North Bay, 2 on the Pinensula, 1 in the South Bay, 2 in the East Bay. He said that since they had recently been certified (the chargers) they are movin forward. The biggest issue is, the grant only allows so much money for the install, so the owners of the locations need to pay the difference, which is turning out to be more than expected.

I'm not holding my breath, but I do still remain hopeful.

Good Earth Natural Foods will be moving from their old location on Sir Francis Drake Blvd to 720 Center Blvd. Fairfax, Ca on February 16th. They will be installing a level 3 charger shortly after the opening date. It may end up being one of the first in the Bay Area. I will post when it is up and running.

Solarchargedleaf said:
Good Earth Natural Foods will be moving from their old location on Sir Francis Drake Blvd to 720 Center Blvd. Fairfax, Ca on February 16th. They will be installing a level 3 charger shortly after the opening date. It may end up being one of the first in the Bay Area. I will post when it is up and running.
Great news! That will certainly come in useful for EVers wanting to drive out to Pt. Reyes Light or Drake's Beach.

GRA said:
Great news! That will certainly come in useful for EVers wanting to drive out to Pt. Reyes Light or Drake's Beach.

When I told my wife, Pt. Reyes is the first place she thought of. However, being in Walnut Creek, Pt. Reyes is about 60 miles away so that would mean 2 QCs (going and coming). Meh... will probably still take the ICE.

Still all speculation until I actually see something and see the price.

EricBayArea said:
GRA said:

When I told my wife, Pt. Reyes is the first place she thought of. However, being in Walnut Creek, Pt. Reyes is about 60 miles away so that would mean 2 QCs (going and coming). Meh... will probably still take the ICE.

Still all speculation until I actually see something and see the price.

I sure hope I can test out the QC port on my car before the 1st anniversary of picking up my Leaf.

The QC rollout in the SF Bay Area is truly embarrassing... with a high concentration of EVs on the road but not a single QC station in sight. :-(

http://www.plugincars.com/ecotality-confirms-locations-bay-area-first-electric-car-fast-chargers-111239.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We may have three DC Fast Charge units in the Bay Area soon. :)
Fairfax, Belmont and San Ramon.

planet4ever said:
ht2 said:
http://www.plugincars.com/ecotality-confirms-locations-bay-area-first-electric-car-fast-chargers-111239.html
We may have three DC Fast Charge units in the Bay Area soon. :) Fairfax, Belmont and San Ramon.
Yes, some time in January, according to that December article. :roll:

Ray
Ah yes, I have noticed a continuing absence of porcine aviators myself :lol:

planet4ever said:
ht2 said:
http://www.plugincars.com/ecotality-confirms-locations-bay-area-first-electric-car-fast-chargers-111239.html
We may have three DC Fast Charge units in the Bay Area soon. :) Fairfax, Belmont and San Ramon.
Yes, some time in January, according to that December article. :roll:

Ray

Two weeks ago, I contacted Jason Smith, the Ecotality Bay Area manager quoted in the plugincar article, regarding the rollout schedule. Below is his reply:

I am the Area Manager for Ecotality, and am currently working with both of these site hosts to get the DC fast chargers installed. The article on plugincars.com was correct in that we have host agreements signed with both Sunset Development and VW, but the schedule has slipped a bit on both projects due to permitting delays with each jurisdiction. Belmont should be through permitting in mid-February, and the actual installation will be scheduled immediately thereafter. San Ramon is on a similar schedule, and we anticipate having it completed by the end of February.

I plan on following up with him end of the month of the installation is still not completed. Keeping my finger crossed, but not holding my breath.

yoyofella said:
Two weeks ago, I contacted Jason Smith, the Ecotality Bay Area manager quoted in the plugincar article, regarding the rollout schedule. Below is his reply:

I am the Area Manager for Ecotality, and am currently working with both of these site hosts to get the DC fast chargers installed. The article on plugincars.com was correct in that we have host agreements signed with both Sunset Development and VW, but the schedule has slipped a bit on both projects due to permitting delays with each jurisdiction. Belmont should be through permitting in mid-February, and the actual installation will be scheduled immediately thereafter. San Ramon is on a similar schedule, and we anticipate having it completed by the end of February.

I plan on following up with him end of the month of the installation is still not completed. Keeping my finger crossed, but not holding my breath.

Thanks for the update and following up with him. I gave up holding my breath many months ago. When a QC actually opens and its pricing announced, I will (hopefully) get excited. But until then, I'll just keep reading the buzz words: hopefully, soon, shortly, delays.

ht2 said:

We may have three DC Fast Charge units in the Bay Area soon. :)
Fairfax, Belmont and San Ramon.

There is likely to be a L3 charger on Freedom Circle, Santa Clara (near Cisco/McAfee bldg) in a month or two.

wishboneash said:
There is likely to be a L3 charger on Freedom Circle, Santa Clara (near Cisco/McAfee bldg) in a month or two.
do you have more details on this? Mainly, any public access? Operator?

lenny said:
wishboneash said:
do you have more details on this? Mainly, any public access? Operator?

From what I have heard, it will be public access. Not sure who the operator is and what it will cost to use. I will post here once I have more information.

lenny said:
Thanks. It'll be nice to have one that's actually fairly close to my daily commute.

seems odd to want a QC near your daily commute, unless your typical work period is half an hour...?
but honestly, at this point, i'd take a QC nearly *anywhere* 20-60mi from my home!

I believe when I see it but we may have network of 6 DC chargers.
Vacaville, Santa Rosa, Fairfax, San Ramon, Belmont and Santa Clara.

ht2 said:
Update from other thread:

Vacaville -- Looks like Eaton is going to gift a new charger to the City of Vacaville.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2927&p=172309#p172309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EVproject Volkswagen Electronics Research Lab in Belmont --
EVproject Sunset Development (Bishop Ranch) in San Ramon --
Should be through permitting in mid-February, and the actual installation will be scheduled immediately thereafter.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5692&p=171932#p171932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Earth Natural Foods (720 Center Blvd. Fairfax, Ca) -- They will be installing a level 3 charger shortly after the opening date(2/16/2012).
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5692&p=171638#p171638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Santa Rosa Nissan --
They've already got the setup pre-wired and ready to go, waiting for permit from county.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017&p=173293#p173293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back