San Francisco Bay Area Quick Chargers Getting them sooner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the address. Good 10 minute charge/top off location for those who are trying to go roundtrip from San Jose to San Francisco or vice versa.

500 Clipper Drive, Belmont, CA.

Anyone have the actual address for the QC in San Ramon? My wife works near by and I'll see if she can take a few pictures.

Thanks!

A QC from 350Green has been installed in the garage at Stanford Shopping Center and is operational if you happen to have an access card from Green350: http://350green.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , which I don't have...yet. This is in the same garage as the 2 Chargepoints, but located by the Quarry St entrance to garage. Nice location for us northerners traveling to the southbay and vice versa.

Also stopped by the Belmont QC and it seems to be just the same, connecters just laying there on the ground but now tucked behind the unit.

Progress is happening but slowly.

It seems from reading this article:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/-1641199.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the cost for the 350Green, is $21.00 for a card that gets you three 30 minute sessions, so $7.00 a charge potentially.

MaryC said:
It seems from reading this article:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/-1641199.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the cost for the 350Green, is $21.00 for a card that gets you three 30 minute sessions, so $7.00 a charge potentially.

Not a bad price but I just tried to order a card again for the second time in the last 1 month. Getting a card from them seems overly complicated.

The Stanford Mall QC station in Palo alto seems to be up and running:

530703_3672348970187_1318778710_3405655_1155168455_n.jpg

301731_3672524214568_1318778710_3405706_1622230374_n.jpg

OrientExpress said:
Did you charge?
Did you need to use a card or call a phone number?
How much was it?
More details please!

Also does anyone know if there was a ribbon cutting or any other event when this unit went online?

Spies said:
OrientExpress said:
Did you charge?
Did you need to use a card or call a phone number?
How much was it?
More details please!

Also does anyone know if there was a ribbon cutting or any other event when this unit went online?
Steve, please have a look at the following thread. Better yet, join the SF BayLEAFs Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3672348970187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I requested a 350Green EV charging card from their website online at http://350green.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The next morning I got a call from their Customer Svc. Mgr.

They have their own card system now which their quick chargers will require for use. The quick charge fee is $7/use (30mins). To get the card, I gave an authorized one-time $21 charge via Visa/Mastercard (for 3 charges). This would be like making any one-time purchase on a credit card over the phone. The CSM said if the $21 is used up, then have to repeat another one-time charge. They do not keep credit card data. She said safer this way. Call them ASAP if you happen to lose your card. She also mentioned that it's not recommended to use credit cards with the RFID at chargers because it's not secure how the credit card info is transmitted. I didn't ask, so not sure if that means that would be an option.

CSM said they have/are changing their Walgreen L2s to use this card also. I used a Chargepoint card at one location before, but she said, no more. The L2s at Walgreens are currently still free to use. Since I'm getting their card, I didn't ask if any RFID credit card could initiate free charging.

Suppose to get 2 confirm emails: 1) of my $21 credit card charge within 2 days 2) when the EV charging card gets mailed to me within 5 days

Hopefully, we all can test out quick charging soon!

GoingGreener said:
I requested a 350Green EV charging card from their website online at http://350green.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The next morning I got a call from their Customer Svc. Mgr.

They have their own card system now which their quick chargers will require for use. The quick charge fee is $7/use (30mins). To get the card, I gave an authorized one-time $21 charge via Visa/Mastercard (for 3 charges). This would be like making any one-time purchase on a credit card over the phone. The CSM said if the $21 is used up, then have to repeat another one-time charge. They do not keep credit card data. She said safer this way. Call them ASAP if you happen to lose your card. She also mentioned that it's not recommended to use credit cards with the RFID at chargers because it's not secure how the credit card info is transmitted. I didn't ask, so not sure if that means that would be an option.

CSM said they have/are changing their Walgreen L2s to use this card also. I used a Chargepoint card at one location before, but she said, no more. The L2s at Walgreens are currently still free to use. Since I'm getting their card, I didn't ask if any RFID credit card could initiate free charging.

Suppose to get 2 confirm emails: 1) of my $21 credit card charge within 2 days 2) when the EV charging card gets mailed to me within 5 days

Hopefully, we all can test out quick charging soon!

Praise de Lawd!

Ford's in his flivver and All's Right with the World!

I am very happy to see a L3 pop up even at $7/use. However, I'm not as happy to have to get yet another card (Clipper, Blink, now 350Green) and another charging map/app.

Question for those that have used it:
-Is the spot (or is it 2 spots) CLEARLY marked? I would hate to rely on L3 only to find that it is being ICED.
-When you used it did you stay with your car or did you leave to go shopping... I wonder about pulling up seeing a LEAF that is done charging but still parked and plugged in...
-Where in the parking lot is it? Pictures indicate the first floor.

Just to clarify the Clipper and Chargepoint cards use NFC and not RFID. I'm not sure about the other cards as I don't have them.

Although I understand your point about carrying various cards around.

Steve

sdittm1 said:
Just to clarify the Clipper and Chargepoint cards use NFC and not RFID. I'm not sure about the other cards as I don't have them.

Although I understand your point about carrying various cards around.

Fixed, thanks for the clarification.

Clipper has cards? Sheesh, that's another one I may need in the future (although I don't even know if there's a map of locations)

There's a photo of an i plugged in at the link below, so it looks like it is working.

No MNL'ers used it yet?

And, apparently, they are still claiming they will put in 24 more DCs "this year".

In California, a Fast-Charging First

A Los Angeles-based firm claims to have installed California’s first public fast-charging station, which opened for business last week. The unit, which can recharge the battery pack of a Nissan Leaf in about 30 minutes, is located at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, adjacent to Stanford University and about 30 miles south of San Francisco.

Roughly 2,000 public charge stations dot the state, according to Obrie Hostetter, the regional director of 350Green, the firm that installed and manages the Palo Alto station. None of those, however, offered fast-charging capabilities on a self-serve basis. The company owns and operates the fee-based charger, and plans to install another 24 units this year at retail locations in the Bay Area. Use of the chargers would require a membership with 350Green, which charges $21 for three 30-minute charge sessions...
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/in-california-a-fast-charging-first/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ordered the 350green card and joined the SFBay Leaf Facebook group yesterday.

I'm happy that we finally have an L3 charging option in the area.

Apparently, the PR department at 350Green is in full swing with their "first" claim, and it is spreading like wildfire. The first public DC ChaDeMo charger in California was operational in San Bernadino on March 20, 2012.

Back