SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purchase before the workshop.

This workshop is mostly "finish building", test, and program,
but you are welcome to get parts, probably some from Chris,
and join us for "getting started".

If you get ALL the parts needed,
we should have the necessary or unusual tools, but bring
whatever tools you have that might be useful.
I may have some small parts/hardware, but none of
the main parts or "smaller" parts. However, if you
are missing some parts, you can see what others are
using, and still get started on your OpenEVSE project.

If you decide to come, please PM me to confirm space available
and get the address and directions. It is about 8 miles SE of
the HTB where we meet, about one mile SE of the Mitsubishi
Headquarters that is on Katella.

Although evil forces are conspiring against me (the evil forces have assumed the form of demanding customers), I will do my best to drive them off, and attend the gathering at HTB in Cerritos, and the workshop afterwards. I'm pretty sure that Charles will be attending too, if the evil forces don't get him. Maybe garlic will hold them at bay.

Dan

Wow, the SoCal Branch is 2.5 years old with the next meeting--incredible! Keep up the good work. Is Kat going to share pics and descriptions of the meeting in Yokohama?

Hope to make it down there again sometime this year. It's a little easier to drive it, now, in the LEAF. (Would be better in a 2013, though.)

Next Gathering, and another workshop, just one week from this coming
Saturday, in Cerritos at the Hometown Buffet on South Street.

Darren says that he will drive his Tesla down for the workshop.

Next Gathering, and a workshop following, this coming Saturday.
Roughly 8 to 11 AM at the Hometown Buffet in Cerritos,
just about two blocks East of 605 on South Street, one exit
South of the 91 freeway.

The workshop will follow, about 8 miles SE, about one mile
SE of the Mitsubishi Headquarters Quick Charge station.

CU there, Gary.

Due to a work related move I will probably be able to come to these meetings again! :)

We will see how much this aligns with my rotating 12 hour shift work, but I probably will be able to make one of the March meetings.

JeremyW said:
Due to a work related move I will probably be able to come to these meetings again! :)

We will see how much this aligns with my rotating 12 hour shift work, but I probably will be able to make one of the March meetings.

Jeremy, let me be the first to welcome you back down south for your anticipated move. While it's clear from your message on the Sacto thread that this move isn't necessarily your first choice, I know that with your positive and enthusiastic approach to everything you do, that your new experiences in Pasadena will add to your professional growth.

I do know for sure, though, that our So Cal gang will welcome you back with open arms. We definitely benefit from your enthusiasm and energy.

The meeting was good, although not quite as many people showed up as the last couple of times. The turnout at the workshop afterwards was low too. I think the total that were at the workshop at one time or another was 7. Gary had more time to help people, and even a little time to relax.

DanBaldwin said:
The meeting was good, although not quite as many people showed up as the last couple of times. The turnout at the workshop afterwards was low too. I think the total that were at the workshop at one time or another was 7. Gary had more time to help people, and even a little time to relax.

I would loved to have come up to work on mine, but my brother is in town....

DanBaldwin said:
I want to say "thank you" to everyone in the workshop. Special thanks for Chris getting the place and Gary a great mentor. My son learn a lot. He finished the two openEVSEs. The only thing left to do is to cut a window for the LED and solder a SPST switch connecting the LED mother board to outside of the box. Many mucho thanks. One more question: is the box "weather proof" that can be mounted on the outside wall of the garage/house?

Boomer23 said:
Jeremy, let me be the first to welcome you back down south for your anticipated move. While it's clear from your message on the Sacto thread that this move isn't necessarily your first choice, I know that with your positive and enthusiastic approach to everything you do, that your new experiences in Pasadena will add to your professional growth.
. . . . . . . . snip . . . . .
I do know for sure, though, that our So Cal gang will welcome you back with open arms. We definitely benefit from your enthusiasm and energy.
do we welcome him back w/ open arms? ... or open EVSE. :D

Back