Steal Your Battery program: Any news? Hello Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
mwalsh said:
Standard PR Department trick to "bury" news. Nobody pays any real attention to news that breaks over the weekend. ;)

The internet has changed that, since we are all connected most of the time. No peace for the wicked. :twisted:

the internet has not really changed friday as the hide-it day. it is still a practice but we are also dealing with decisions being made in Japan for a worldwide audience.
(it is Tuesday at noon for me. quick, tell me: what day is it in Japan now?)

More important is the content: is this news nissan wants to hide or emphasize?

thankyouOB said:
JPWhite said:
mwalsh said:
Standard PR Department trick to "bury" news. Nobody pays any real attention to news that breaks over the weekend. ;)

The internet has changed that, since we are all connected most of the time. No peace for the wicked. :twisted:

the internet has not really changed friday as the hide-it day. it is still a practice but we are also dealing with decisions being made in Japan for a worldwide audience.
(it is Tuesday at noon for me. quick, tell me: what day is it in Japan now?)

It's 4AM Wednesday in Japan noon our time. They are 16 hours ahead of us right now.

thankyouOB said:
+1, I think you're right about that. Not sure Nissan wants much focus on battery price.
But occasionally people do reveal news on the weekend that you would think they want highly publicized.
Romney announced his VP pick on Saturday.
Really strange. Still baffled by that.

TimLee said:
thankyouOB said:
+1, I think you're right about that. Not sure Nissan wants much focus on battery price.
But occasionally people do reveal news on the weekend that you would think they want highly publicized.
Romney announced his VP pick on Saturday.
Really strange. Still baffled by that.

i dont think you can put the romney campaign and well-run in the same folder.
but this is apples and oranges--comparing the two.

picking him on Saturday made it the story of the day for sunday papers and sunday talk shows.
when nissan will make the announcement is anyone's guess.
but tick tick tick tick....

I am hoping for <4.5k installed with trade-in.
that is 4 year's worth of gas not counting the cost of electricity.

today or tomorrow
or late?

when do we get the pricing to trade-in our used battery for a new one?
will it include installation?

does anyone think they wont give us a price at all this month?

thankyouOB said:
today or tomorrow
or late?

when do we get the pricing to trade-in our used battery for a new one?
will it include installation?

does anyone think they wont give us a price at all this month?

I'd also be interested in what warranties a purchased battery would come with. Would it cover just the pack, would any new warranty also include charging and drive-train components?

Stoaty said:
thankyouOB said:
today or tomorrow or late?
I suspect it will be late or have incomplete info, but will be a small step forward. Of course, I would love to be proved wrong.
When you look at the last two relevant press releases, chances are that if there is something to report, it will happen on a Friday.
batterywarrantymnl

A guess:

$7755.87

That is the difference between the lease price and purchase price for a Leaf battery in England. Ok, is £5000 at current exchange rage.

http://www.carsuk.net/new-2013-nissan-leaf-goes-the-battery-lease-route/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And of course, this wouldn't include any core refund. What would you play for a used 70% LEAF pack?

WetEV said:
A guess:

$7755.87

That is the difference between the lease price and purchase price for a Leaf battery in England. Ok, is £5000 at current exchange rage.

http://www.carsuk.net/new-2013-nissan-leaf-goes-the-battery-lease-route/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And of course, this wouldn't include any core refund. What would you play for a used 70% LEAF pack?

what do you mean by the difference between the lease price and the purchase price for a Leaf battery?
if we have the purchase price of the battery, we know the price.

The weather in the UK a bit different than the US Southwest so that £5000 number is probably assuming much less degradation than 70%.

To answer the question, though, I would pay $2500 for a 70% Leaf battery and use it for solar storage but I'd want the BMS to go with it.

WetEV said:
A guess:

$7755.87

thankyouOB said:

what do you mean by the difference between the lease price and the purchase price for a Leaf battery?
if we have the purchase price of the battery, we know the price.[/quote]

Nissan will sell a car with a battery in the UK, or will sell a car and lease the battery.

The MSRP price difference between a car with battery and a car with a leased battery is £5000.

WetEV said:
The MSRP price difference between a car with battery and a car with a leased battery is £5000.
That's a good catch. However, I would advise against simply multiplying the price by the current exchange rate. Market adjustments are quite common, and the if you used the implied price correction, the difference between a car with and without a battery is about $7,000. That seems to be on the low side, and I'm not clear if it would include a discount from second-life applications or not. The implied kWh price would be $290.

Back