Tesla Supercharger Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
kieranmullen said:
Nix the thread. Put the link on a FAQ Tesla Upgrade. They have their own forums and dedicated supercharger fan sites as well as their own.

keep the thread, lock it and only allow the OP to be updated. copying and pasting the entire list over and over and over and over and over and... well, you get the point
The reason I like the updated posts is that it bumps the thread and gives a heads-up that there are new SC stations on the list. Just editing the first post without bumping the thread defeats the purpose. But adding a post with just the new station info and then linking to the updated first post would work as well I think.

As for the notion that Tesla information is off topic at MNL, well, there are a LOT of off topic threads here. If they aren't of interest to me I don't click on them. No big deal. This thread is of great interest to me because I have a severe case of "Tesla envy" and I think that the Supercharger network is a paradigm shift in EV utility, as I've said before. I hope that Tesla succeeds in making an affordable Gen III car because I would like to buy one, if I can figure out how to pay for it. So that I can use the SC network to take long trips.

GeekEV said:
Or keep the thread, but do like you say and only call out the new ones along with a link to something like the http://supercharge.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site.
Here's the way I'm leaning. I think it makes sense to post the new sites as they appear and also tag them onto the master page, including the new updated totals after each site is added. I'd also include a link back to the most recent full list, as well as the Tesla supercharger page and the supercharge.info page. Then, after every so many new sites have appeared (say at 100 U.S. and every subsequent 5 to 10, or maybe just every month or quarter depending on the pace of installation), update the full list and re-post it, so that it will appear every few pages. It's not as if there's a lot of traffic here, but this will keep the page count down somewhat. Much as I appreciate the supercharge.info site, it and the Tesla site have errors, so I think this topic provides a useful cross-checking.

kieranmullen said:
Nix the thread.
dgpcolorado said:
GRA, you don't get much feedback in this thread but I want to say that I really appreciate your regular reports of the expansion of the SC network. Thanks.
2iu2fj8.gif
+1

I don't mind the discussion here at all and like Gra's Supercharger info.

GRA said:
GeekEV said:
Or keep the thread, but do like you say and only call out the new ones along with a link to something like the http://supercharge.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site.
Here's the way I'm leaning. I think it makes sense to post the new sites as they appear and also tag them onto the master page, including the new updated totals after each site is added. I'd also include a link back to the most recent full list, as well as the Tesla supercharger page and the supercharge.info page. Then, after every so many new sites have appeared (say at 100 U.S. and every subsequent 5 to 10, or maybe just every month or quarter depending on the pace of installation), update the full list and re-post it, so that it will appear every few pages. It's not as if there's a lot of traffic here, but this will keep the page count down somewhat. Much as I appreciate the supercharge.info site, it and the Tesla site have errors, so I think this topic provides a useful cross-checking.

Yes, I agree that posting the entire list every time is a waste. If you could keep the entire list down to just once in a while it would be helpful. You can even have a simple link to your post with the entire list, on the new posts, if someone is interested in quickly going back to the most recent one with the long list.

dgpcolorado said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
kieranmullen said:
Nix the thread. Put the link on a FAQ Tesla Upgrade. They have their own forums and dedicated supercharger fan sites as well as their own.

....As for the notion that Tesla information is off topic at MNL, well, there are a LOT of off topic threads here. If they aren't of interest to me I don't click on them. No big deal. This thread is of great interest to me because I have a severe case of "Tesla envy" and I think that the Supercharger network is a paradigm shift in EV utility, as I've said before. I hope that Tesla succeeds in making an affordable Gen III car because I would like to buy one, if I can figure out how to pay for it. So that I can use the SC network to take long trips.

I appreciate the updates and agree it can now be just an updated listing now and again. Also, it can be a place for "compare and contrast". I own a Model S and still own a LEAF. 3 yrs ago, my LEAF allowed me to cut the cord with gas stations for all our local driving. Rooftop solar allowed me to be my own fuel station as well. Superchargers and the 250mi range of my Model S was the end of range anxiety. Here's a pic from a trip I made last month. We drove from SoCal to Sedona, Az and then north to Moab via Flagstaff. Supercharged in Flagstaff and drove the 248 mi to the Blanding,UT Supercharger. The prescribed route is Flagstaff-Gallup-Blanding but with Tesla's fairly accurate "rated-range" gauge and the option of stopping at one or more RV parks along the route, I got off the Supercharger highway and enjoyed magnificent vistas in Monument Valley and a smooth effortless trip. The LEAF is our around-town EV, the Tesla is now our long-distance ride of choice. A stunning turn of events in only 3 years.

Also made good use of the EVTripper.com site which provides quite accurate range estimates for the Model S with elevation data.
Tesla needs to add such a feature to their Nav. In the meantime, I made a small donation to the EVTripper.com site. It's not perfect but very helpful.

The End of "Range Anxiety"

edit: added EVTripper.com plug and typo: "proscribed" is very different than "prescribed".

A relatively short side trip from the Blanding, Utah, Superchargers is Natural Bridges National Monument (entrance fee is $6 per car). The three sandstone bridges are impressively large when standing underneath. Last week the canyons had plenty of water in ponds from recent flash floods and the wildflowers were at peak bloom and quite showy. Lots of short and longer hikes available. Hot in summer but shady alcoves in the canyons are common. The steep trail down to Sipapu Bridge is mostly in shade in the afternoon.

14145344880_4a504c27f0_b.jpg

Owachomo Bridge, 180 feet across, 106 feet high. Natural Bridges National Monument.

14309008126_046592ebc5_b.jpg

Sipapu Bridge, 268 feet across, 220 feet high. Natural Bridges National Monument.

dgpcolorado said:
A relatively short side trip from the Blanding, Utah, Superchargers is Natural Bridges National Monument (entrance fee is $6 per car). The three sandstone bridges are impressively large when standing underneath. Last week the canyons had plenty of water in ponds from recent flash floods and the wildflowers were at peak bloom and quite showy. Lots of short and longer hikes available. Hot in summer but shady alcoves in the canyons are common. The steep trail down to Sipapu Bridge is mostly in shade in the afternoon.

14145344880_4a504c27f0_b.jpg

Owachomo Bridge, 180 feet across, 106 feet high. Natural Bridges National Monument.

14309008126_046592ebc5_b.jpg

Sipapu Bridge, 268 feet across, 220 feet high. Natural Bridges National Monument.
Back in the mid-80s we spent an hour or three hiking the trail linking all three, but it was April so the temps were reasonable. It was part of a geology/botany/biology/anthropology class field trip, and we'd just spent 3 days in Canyonlands, backpacking down Salt Creek to camp near Angel Arch, http://www.naturalarches.org/BobsArches/AngelArch2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which I got to see at sunset while sitting under the arch in the same place as the people in the photo.

The next day we day-hiked down to see the All-American Man petroglyph, http://www.singingdesert.com/rock-art-images/AAMAN2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in its cave, and then back to the cars the following day. ISTR it is about 10 miles down Salt Creek (you're walking in the creek) to Angel Arch, then maybe another 5 or 6 (10 to 12 RT) to the AAM, and then 10 back so it's definitely not a casual day trip. But there are granaries and petroglyphs/pictographs all along the canyon walls to Angel Arch to keep you occupied, once you know how to look for them.

Actually, unless it's changed since you can drive in the creek, but you'd better have 4WD, high clearance and tow straps/shovels etc. Someone got bogged while we were there, and had to wait overnight for someone else to come along and pull them out of the hole they were stuck in. I don't remember if it was a ranger or a private vehicle - in either case, you're not going to take a Model S there but maybe a Model X, although IIRR the water was up over the door sills of the SUV that got bogged down. Utah allows vehicle travel in places in NPs that would never be allowed in California.

Very nice pics! I would have loved to check out Natural Bridges. I'm going to have to go back.
Frankly, I was having a hard time fitting everything into a week-long trip. Sedona, Monument Valley, Moab, White-water rafting the Colorado from just about Grand Junction to Moab was loaded with spectacular canyons and starry skies. To be honest, I was getting "magnificent vista fatigue". Then we drove to Park City, UT, picked up a puppy and did 14 hours of driving home in one day. Luckily the Tesla's charging needs coincided nicely with the puppy's "discharging" needs.

Pic of Moab Mt. Biking with my youngest. Note to self, don't let kid lead the way next time (going down is scarier than going up).

sparky said:
Very nice pics! I would have loved to check out Natural Bridges. I'm going to have to go back...
Yes, there is a lot to see and way too much to capture on a single trip. One reason I'd like people passing through this area to be aware of the "Four Corners" area parks is that the Supercharger network is in the process of bypassing Moab and Blanding so that travelers can just blast along I-70 to I-15 and vice versa. That's fine if one is in a hurry, but first timers should be aware that the Moab, Blanding, Farmington, and Gallup Superchargers make a whole lot of spectacular red rocks country easily accessible.

This may be "flyover country" around here, but if people just drive by on the freeways, they are missing out on some pretty scenic landscapes.

dgpcolorado said:
sparky said:
Very nice pics! I would have loved to check out Natural Bridges. I'm going to have to go back...
Yes, there is a lot to see and way too much to capture on a single trip. One reason I'd like people passing through this area to be aware of the "Four Corners" area parks is that the Supercharger network is in the process of bypassing Moab and Blanding so that travelers can just blast along I-70 to I-15 and vice versa. That's fine if one is in a hurry, but first timers should be aware that the Moab, Blanding, Farmington, and Gallup Superchargers make a whole lot of spectacular red rocks country easily accessible.

This may be "flyover country" around here, but if people just drive by on the freeways, they are missing out on some pretty scenic landscapes.
Yep. Oh, one other sight to see at Natural Bridges, even if it's pretty routine now. I found my binder with my class notes (it was April '87), and also the brochures I picked up including the one for the PV array, which when opened in June of 1980 was briefly the most powerful in the world (100kW). Owing to efficiency improvements it's since been downsized to 50kW. Although I'd been interested in solar for passive design and water heating since the '70s, I think that was the first time I ever saw a PV module in the flesh, and led me semi-directly into first getting some for myself, then selling them and designing off-grid AE systems. Current link: http://www.nps.gov/nabr/planyourvisit/solarpower.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought I'd present a total of SC stalls at this point and update as necessary, 'cause it's getting way too tedious to type them all in repeatedly. The states are listed in the order they appear on the official web page, alphabetically but divided roughly west of the Mississippi first, then east. I've only included those which appear on the web page, leaving off some that are known to be open but not yet listed.

Tesla U.S. Supercharger # of states/locations/stalls as of 12/30/2014: 36/144/942.

Arizona
Buckeye 8
Casa Grande 6
Cordes Lakes 6
Flagstaff 4
Gila Bend 8
Holbrook 4
Kingman 6
Quartzsite 8
Wickenburg 6
Yuma 8
Total: 10/64

California
Atascadero 8
Barstow 8
Buellton 8
Cabazon 10
Corning 6
Culver City 12
El Centro 8
Folsom 4
Fremont 8
Gilroy 10
Harris Rch. 7
Hawthorne 6
Indio 8
Mt. Shasta 4
Oxnard 10
Rancho Cucamonga 12
Roseville 7
San Juan Capistrano 7
Tejon Rch. 6
Truckee 6
Vacaville 8
Total: 21/163

Colorado
Denver 6
Glenwood Springs 6
Grand Junction 6
Limon 6
Lone Tree 4
Silverthorne 8
Total: 6/36

Kansas
Hays 6
Goodland 6
Salina 6
Topeka 8
Total: 4/26

Montana
Big Timber 4
Billings 4
Bozeman 4
Butte 6
Missoula 6
Superior 4
Total 6/28

New Mexico
Farmington 4
Gallup 4
Total: 2/8

Nevada
Las Vegas 6
Primm 8
Total: 2/14

Oregon
The Dalles 5
Detroit Lake 6
Grant's Pass 4
Springfield 8
Woodburn 8
Total: 5/31

South Dakota
Mitchell 6
Murdo 4
Rapid City 4
Total: 3/14

Utah
Beaver 4
Blanding 4
Green River 4
Moab 4
Nephi 6
Richfield 4
St. George 4
Total: 7/30

Washington
Burlington 8
Centralia 10
Ellensburg 5
Ritzville 4
Total: 4/27

Wyoming
Cheyenne 4
Lusk 4
Total: 2/8

Alabama
Auburn 6
Greenville 6
Total 2/12

Connecticut
Darien N/S 8
Greenwich N/S 8
Milford N/S 4
West Hartford 8
Total: 4/28

Delaware
Newark 4
Total: 1/4

Florida
Brandon 8
Fort Drum 6
Fort Myers 8
Lake City 6
Ocala 8
Port Orange 6
Port St. Lucie 8
St. Augustine 6
Turkey Lake 6
Total: 9/62

Georgia
Atlanta 10
Decatur 4
Macon 8
Savannah 6
Tifton 8
Total: 5/36

Illinois
Aurora 4
Country Club Hills 8
Highland Park 4
Normal 4
Rockford 6
Total: 5/26

Indiana
Angola 6
Indianapolis 8
Lafayette 8
Mishawaka 6

Louisiana
Lake Charles 6
Total: 1/6

Maryland
Bethesda 2
Hagerstown 6
Salisbury 6
Total: 3/14

Massachusetts
Auburn 8
Sagamore Beach 8
Total: 2/16

Michigan
St. Joseph 8
Total: 1/8

Minnesota
Albert Lea 4
Worthington 6
Total: 2/10

North Carolina
Burlington 8
Lumberton 4
Plymouth 8
Rocky Mount 8

New Jersey
Edison 8
Hamilton Township 6
Paramus 8
Total:3/22

New York
Albany 3
JFK Int. 4
Syosset 4
Total: 3/11

Ohio
Dayton 8
Lima 8
Macedonia 6
Maumee 6

Pennsylvania
Cranberry 6
Somerset 6
Total: 2/12

Rhode Island
East Greenwich 8
Total: 1/8

South Carolina
Santee 6
Total: 1/6

Texas
Columbus 6
Corsicana 6
Huntsville 6
San Marcos 5
Waco 8
Total: 5/31

Virginia
Glen Allen 8
South Hill 6
Woodbridge 4
Total: 3/18

Wisconsin
Eau Claire 6
La Crosse 6
Madison 3
Mauston 6
Pleasant Prairie 8
Total: 3/15

West Virginia
Triadelphia 4
Total: 1/4
---------------------------------

Tesla Canadian Supercharger # of provinces/locations/stalls as of 12/30/2014: 2/7/42.

British Columbia
Kamloops 4
Revelstoke 4
Squamish 6
Hope 6
Total: 4/20

Ontario
Cornwall 6
Toronto 8
Woodstock 8
Total 3/22

Edit: Per the 'Tesla Supercharger Confirmed' topic in the TMC forum as well as photos, corrected # of stalls at Hawthorne from 4 (as shown on Tesla's SC page) to 6, and also updated the Ca. and absolute totals from 12/77 to 12/79, and from 460 to 462.

Eau Claire, WI, with 6 stalls, and the temp site at Bethesda, MD, with 2 are now listed, so trips between Chicago-Twin Cities and Glen Allen-Newark are now doable in winter by S-60s.

As of 2/4/14, Yuma, AZ with 8 stalls is officially online. As expected, the rate of new SCs coming online has dropped off considerably since the X-C route was completed. While they don't have to maintain the pace of 23 SCs they brought online in January, Tesla will need to average about 15/month for the rest of the year if they are to meet the 'by 2014' map total.

As of 2/13/14, Pleasant Prairie, WI is listed and mapped, so 75.

As of 2/20/14, Las Vegas, NV with six stalls is listed and mapped. Nevada is out of alphabetical order because Tesla's Supercharger website lists alphabetically by state abbreviation, and I wanted to use the same order here. I wonder which location will get them to 500?

As of 2/24/2014, Aurora, IL west of Chicago with 4 stalls is listed and mapped, total now 77. No one knew about this one. One more location should get them to 500 stalls.

As of 2/28/14, Lone Tree, CO with 4 SC stalls is listed and mapped, total now 78 with 500 stalls.

As of 3/11/14, Plymouth, NC with 8 stalls is listed and mapped, total now 79. They were talking about opening one SC per workday this year, so they're well behind that pace since they finished the first transcontinental route. Who knows how much of that is due to the heavy winter, and how much to other factors.

As of 3/16/14, Green River, UT with 4 stalls is listed and mapped, total now 80.

As of 3/20/14, Buckeye, AZ with 8 stalls is finally online.

As of 3/25/14, Greenwich Ct. N & S with 4 each direction for a total of 8 are listed and mapped.

As of 4/7/14, Richfield, UT with 4 and Cranberry, PA (at last) with 6 stalls are now listed and mapped. Salt Lake City is 161 miles from Richfield, so easy in an 85 and doable with care in a 60. Las Vegas is 285 miles so still not possible, until St. George (for 85s) plus Beaver for 60s open. But they're getting close to eliminating the wholly unnecessary backtracking loop through SE Utah, into NM and then Arizona for people transiting, cutting almost 300 miles off the route from Grand Junction, CO to LA.

As of 4/15/14, Beaver, UT with four stalls is listed and mapped. 85s going transcontinental westward can probably now avoid the detour through New Mexico and Arizona, at least in good conditions, but those going eastward will probably need to drive very slowly and carefully if they try it, as it's 220 miles and 4,500+ feet of climb from Las Vegas.

As of 4/22/14, Hamilton Township, NJ with six stalls is listed and mapped. They really need to pick up the pace now that winter's past, as the year's almost 1/3rd over and they've only been averaging about 1 SC/week since they finished the initial transcontinental route, instead of the 1 SC/workday pace they intended to achieve for the year.

As of 4/30/14, Roseville, Ca with 7 stalls is finally open, to sighs of relief from Bay Area Model S owners who will no longer have to detour through Folsom when heading up to the North Tahoe and Reno areas.

As of 5/3/14, Woodbridge, VA with 4 and Albany, NY with 3 stalls are listed and mapped.

As of 5/7/14, the long delayed and eagerly awaited San Juan Capistrano, CA with 7 plus Triadelphia, WV with 4 stalls are listed and mapped (SJC actually went live yesterday).

As of 5/8/14, Macon, GA with 8 stalls is open, but not yet listed or mapped after one week, so I'm putting it here anyway [Edit: listed and mapped 5/15/14].
As of 5/20/14, Gila Bend, AZ with 8 stalls and Ritzville, WA with 4 stalls are listed and mapped (opened 5/17 and 5/18).
As of 6/11/14, Nephi, UT, with 6 stalls and Hays KS with 6 stalls was listed and mapped.

As of 6/12/14, Goodland, KS with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Totals updated to 31/97/611.

As of 6/23/14, Limon, CO with six stalls is listed and mapped; it opened on 6/20. Totals updated to 31/98/617.

As of 7/3/14, Salina, KS with 6 stalls is listed and on the map. Total now 31/99/623.

As of 7/14/14, Tifton, GA with 8 stalls (opened 7/10; 100th U.S. Supercharger) and Wickenburg, AZ with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. U.S. Total now 31/101/637.

As of 7/23/14, for some strange reason an SC with four stalls in Billings, MT, is now listed and mapped. It can't be reached from either Rapid City, SD or Lusk, WY, the two nearest SCs, so presumably one or more SCs in between are underway. Total U.S. SCs now 32/102/641.

As of 8/4/14, The Dalles, OR with 5 stalls is listed and mapped (reported open by site owner on 8/1, but no usage reported in the interim). Total U.S. SCs now 32/103/646.

As of 8/7/14, South Hill VA with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/104/652.

As of 8/14/14, the long-awaited St. George, UT SC with 4 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/105/656.

As of 8/22/14, Lake City, FL (live 8/20) with 6 stalls, and Edison, NJ with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/107/670.

As of 8/26/14, Truckee, CA with 6 stalls is now listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 32/108/676.

As of 9/9/14, Chattanooga, TN, with 6 stalls and the Barstow, Ca. upgrade from 4 to 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/109/686.

As of 9/25/14, the long delayed Oxnard, Ca. SC (reported live 9/24) with 10 stalls, and Brandon (Tampa) Fl. with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/111/704. As of 9/26/14 Indio, Ca., has also been reported via Tesla email as open, but isn't yet listed or mapped. It is possible that Tesla's U.S. supercharger stall total has now passed the total of U.S. CHAdeMOs, which were reported to total 700 within the past month.

As of 9/27/14, Indio, Ca. with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/112/712.

As of 10/3/14, Casa Grande, AZ with 6 stalls is listed and mapped (live 9/30). Total U.S. SCs now 33/113/718.

As of 10/14/14, Cordes Lakes, AZ with 6 stalls, and Lafayette, IN with 8 stalls (live 10/10) are listed and mapped. Arizona becomes the second state to reach double digit SC sites. Total U.S. SCs now 33/115/732. U.S. CHAdeMO total recently given as 731, so this may be the point at which SC #s overtake CHAdeMO #s here - if not it will certainly be soon.

As of 10/17/14, Topeka, KS with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 33/116/740.

As of 10/24/14, Big Timber, MT with 4 stalls and Bozeman, MT with 4 stalls are listed (but not yet mapped). Total U.S. SCs now 33/118/748.

As of 10/29/14, Sagamore Beach, MA with 8 stalls is listed and mapped (opened 10/28). Total U.S. SCs now 34/119/756.

As of 10/31/14, Missoula, MT with 6 stalls (open 10/30) and Indianapolis, IN with 8 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/121/770.

As of 11/6/14, Ocala, FL with 8 stalls (open 11/3) is listed but not yet mapped. FL is the 3rd state to reach 50 stalls, after CA and AZ. Total U.S. SCs now 34/122/778.

As of 11/10, Denver, CO with 6 stalls (open 11/8) and Country Club Hills, IL with 8 stalls (open 11/7) are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/124/792.

As of 11/12/14, Salisbury, MD with 6 stalls (open 11/8) and Dayton, OH with 8 stalls are listed and mapped (on the 'find us' page). Total U.S. SCs now 34/126/806.

As of 11/20/14, Turkey Lake (Orlando), FL with 6 stalls, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA with 12 stalls, are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/128/822.

As of 11/21/14, Turkey Lake (Orlando), FL with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/129/828.

As of 11/26/14, Primm, NV with 8 stalls, Paramus, NJ with 8 stalls, and Fort Drum (Okeechobee), FL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/132/850.

As of 12/4/14, Butte, MT with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 34/133/856.

As of 12/5/14, West Hartford, CT with 8 stalls, Superior, MT with 4 stalls and Greenville, AL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 35/136/874.

As of 12/17/14, Cabazon, CA. with 10 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 35/137/884.

As of 12/19/14, Atlanta, GA with 10 stalls and Culver City, CA with 12 stalls are listed and mapped. California now has 20 SC locations with a total of 155 stalls. Total U.S. SCs now 35/139/906.

As of 12/23/14, Lake Charles, LA with 6 stalls (open 12/21), and Auburn, AL with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 36/141/918.

As of 12/23/14, Lima, OH with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total U.S. SCs now 36/142/926.

As of 12/29/14, El Centro, CA with 8 stalls (live 12/26) is on the map. Total U.S. SCs now 36/143/934.

As of 12/30/14, Auburn, MA with 8 stalls is on the map. Total U.S. SCs now 36/144/942.

Canadian SCs

As of 7/14/14, Squamish, BC with 6 stalls (First Canadian Supercharger) is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs is 1/1/6.

As of 8/30/14, Toronto, Ontario (open 8/26) with 8, and Cornwall, Ontario (open 8/28) are listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/3/20.

As of 12/10/14, Hope, BC with 6 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/4/26.

As of 12/18/14, Woodstock, ON, with 8 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/5/34.

As of 12/23/14, Kamloops, BC with 4 stalls is listed and mapped. Total Canadian SCs now 2/6/38.

As of 12/30/14, Revelstoke, BC with 4 stalls is on the map. Total Canadian SCs now 2/7/42.

This map, http://supercharge.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows all known SCs open, under construction or permitted, updated as needed.

Wanted to post the full master list at the top of a page, so that's why it's here. I'm starting the new short listing now, and will post a short form of the master list about every 5 or 10 SCs. So, the most recent, which have been included in the master list:

As of 6/11/14, Nephi, UT with 6 stalls, and Hays, KS with 6 stalls are listed and mapped. Total now 31/96/605.

As of 6/12/14, Goodland, KS with 6 stalls is now listed and mapped. Total now 31/97/611.

Master list showing all opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9111&p=371758#p371758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of 6/23/14, Limon, CO with six stalls is listed and mapped; it opened on 6/20. Total now 31/98/617.

Master list showing all opening dates after 1/14 can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9111&p=371758#p371758

Initially the idea of having QCs (or SCs) seemed like a great idea for travel beyond the range obtained
from overnight charging. I QCed a few times at Nissan dealers to visit customers that required about
150+ miles in a day. I generally don't have but 10-15 minutes to QC, given my appointments with
customers. But lately, one finds that the QC station is not functioning or there's a few cars ahead.
So when one might get stranded, i.e. dead QC, the idea of a QC or SC becomes very less desirable.

Bottom line: The Tesla SC network is basically a real joke in that one MUST confine one's travel around
that network and their functionality and availability at the time of arrival. Tesla has a "LONG way to go"
to replicate the ICE system of 'energy replacement'.

lorenfb said:
Initially the idea of having QCs (or SCs) seemed like a great idea for travel beyond the range obtained
from overnight charging. I QCed a few times at Nissan dealers to visit customers that required about
150+ miles in a day. I generally don't have but 10-15 minutes to QC, given my appointments with
customers. But lately, one finds that the QC station is not functioning or there's a few cars ahead.
So when one might get stranded, i.e. dead QC, the idea of a QC or SC becomes very less desirable.

Bottom line: The Tesla SC network is basically a real joke in that one MUST confine one's travel around
that network and their functionality and availability at the time of arrival. Tesla has a "LONG way to go"
to replicate the ICE system of 'energy replacement'.
Re: 150+ miles in a day.
Even the 60kWh Tesla Model S would let you avoid using DCFC at all.

RE: But lately, one finds that the QC station is not functioning or there's a few cars ahead.
So the big difference is that typically there is one chademo QC vs several stalls at a SC.
As well if there is a lot of congestion that Tesla will adjust. Adding more stalls or another SC nearby (which has happened). As well Tesla has proven to be innovative and they would likely incorporate some queuing system and built in monitors that are on your 17" display before you get there and about at your estimated arrival.

I believe all the horse and buggy people laughed at gas cars back in the day...when fueling stations were far and few between...range of that loud contraption was not that impressive...and all the other usual downplaying of new tech. We will get there with electrons...it is early and so much has been put out there with so much yet to come. Some people will scoff and say why bother, gas cars are great. others will jump on board and give it a whirl, even with all the 'shortcomings' of EV travel. I would almost bet we are seeing things just as they were 100 years ago when people wanted to ride horses and wagons and the like, rather than try that new-fangled farce called an auto-car.

my observations and musings, that's all.

Curt
very new to EVs but still, i see the positives and the limitations.

"As well Tesla has proven to be innovative"

Right, just like the battery switching idea to enhance the ZEV credits.
Read over on the Tesla forum what a joke idea that was.

lorenfb said:
"As well Tesla has proven to be innovative"

Right, just like the battery switching idea to enhance the ZEV credits.
Read over on the Tesla forum what a joke idea that was.

No joke at all.
When CARB changed the rules to not allow battery swapping it went to the back burner.
Very very few Tesla owners would ever use it.

You may scoff at Tesla, however, for the last 5+ years they have been the only company that has put a 200+ mile EV on the road.

The supercharger network is wonderful, and not yet complete.
It is expanding relatively rapidly, and is far more than any other company is doing.
Nissan at least is partially contributing to the Leaf's QC network.

I wish more companiy's would follow Tesla's and Nissan's lead.

Zythryn said:
When CARB changed the rules to not allow battery swapping it went to the back burner.
Very very few Tesla owners would ever use it.
As Elon has pointed out in a few interviews battery-swapping vs gaining-battery-tech is a paradox. The likelihood that battery tech will improve at a pace that will make the implementation of battery swapping obsolete in several years. So what is the point of battery swapping then if individual normal users can go 200+ miles. Fleets maybe. Cabs maybe. Again Elon pointed out this paradox.

scottf200 said:
RE: But lately, one finds that the QC station is not functioning or there's a few cars ahead.
So the big difference is that typically there is one chademo QC vs several stalls at a SC.
As well if there is a lot of congestion that Tesla will adjust. Adding more stalls or another SC nearby (which has happened).
Just read this on TMC this morning as an example from David99:
They are upgrading chargers [to 120/135 kW] without notice so it's hard to maintain a list. For example Hawthorn was all upgraded from 90 to 120 and they added 2 more stalls recently.

Back