The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine changed from pending to week of May 2nd. I also received an email from the electric company doing the Blink install requesting a time to do the install.

MaryC said:
Last night when my dashboard changed from pending to June, I also could enable the CarWings tab and go through the owners portal to get VIN and other owner info. Has anyone else w/ a dashboard change had their CarWings enabled?
Pending -> June for me today, but no Carwings nor Owner's portal. My order was later than yours by several weeks.

I went from Pending to June today then Carwings opened, saying I had enabled it in March! But no VIN yet. I can sign in to the owner's portal but there is no vehicle there for me.

I think that it is NOT the delivery-assignments that were "overlooked", but that the "skipped-over" ORDERS were "lost" and cars for those Orders were never actually built. The apparent "error" in scheduling was not discovered until vehicles started arriving for delivery to the January Orders.

Possibly the rush-build of cars for Japan "took" the production slots that were allocated for our "skipped-over" Orders, and these Ordrrs later got re-scheduled back into the Production AFTER some January Orders were already scheduled and sequenced for production.

That seems to be the most likely, and the January folks are actually getting THEIR cars, and many "skipped-over" Orders have yet to be built.

garygid said:
I think that it is NOT the delivery-assignments that were "overlooked", but that the "skipped-over" ORDERS were "lost" and cars for those Orders were never actually built. The apparent "error" in scheduling was not discovered until vehicles started arriving for delivery to the January Orders.

Possibly the rush-build of cars for Japan "took" the production slots that were allocated for our "skipped-over" Orders, and these Ordrrs later got re-scheduled back into the Production AFTER some January Orders were already scheduled and sequenced for production.

That seems to be the most likely, and the January folks are actually getting THEIR cars, and many "skipped-over" Orders have yet to be built.
Mark Perry has been eerily quiet throughout this whole thing. Now that the Drive America Tour is over, perhaps it's time for him to break his silence and provide Nissan's explanation for what happened.

gascant said:
Mark Perry has been eerily quiet throughout this whole thing. Now that the Drive America Tour is over, perhaps it's time for him to break his silence and provide Nissan's explanation for what happened.

You are very correct. Where are the official answers to mwalsh's Top 5?

My May delivery (October order) went to pending last week. I changed the color in my config. Thursday night I went to June delivery with my new color. Carwings opened, I registered and my VIN appeared on the owner's site. Sounds like they are assigning already-built inventory to orders rather than building to order. If so, Nissan appears to be stepping up and doing the right thing.

tailgate1234 said:
...I went to June delivery with my new color. Carwings opened...

Do you think that the color change might have caused your order to advance? Curious what color did you have and what color did you change to?

I'm a 29 Sep order with month of June, never have had CW or VIN. My account is not advancing while others appear to be. I'm this close >< to giving Nissan back their reservation that according to Nissan "the timing of your reservation will hold your place" and getting my $99 back. CS chat this morning would only confirm month of June on DB.

hv2go said:
tailgate1234 said:
...I went to June delivery with my new color. Carwings opened...

Do you think that the color change might have caused your order to advance? Curious what color did you have and what color did you change to?

I'm a 29 Sep order with month of June, never have had CW or VIN. My account is not advancing while others appear to be. I'm this close >< to giving Nissan back their reservation that according to Nissan "the timing of your reservation will hold your place" and getting my $99 back. CS chat this morning would only confirm month of June on DB.

I went from white to blue.

Turbo3 said:
tailgate1234, Is it possible you are listed as "Arthur" on the spreadsheet? I see an Arthur listed for the Bay Area Oct 26 order date. I think you are up around Page Mill Road.

That's not me. I work at the corner of Page Mill Rd. and El Camino Real in Palo Alto and somebody that works in the same complex has a blue Leaf with a Boardwalk license plate holder. I've seen a white Leaf in the same lot a few times. I live in Redwood City (I know that I am on the map, just not sure about the spreadsheet).

tailgate1234 said:
Turbo3 said:
tailgate1234, Is it possible you are listed as "Arthur" on the spreadsheet? I see an Arthur listed for the Bay Area Oct 26 order date. I think you are up around Page Mill Road.

That's not me. I work at the corner of Page Mill Rd. and El Camino Real in Palo Alto and somebody that works in the same complex has a blue Leaf with a Boardwalk license plate holder. I've seen a white Leaf in the same lot a few times. I live in Redwood City (I know that I am on the map, just not sure about the spreadsheet).
Use the instructions tab to fill out the form and get on the sheet.
If you have not sent the info you are not on it.

ttweed said:
Yippie! After escalating my concerns through Customer Service over my seemingly "lost" order, I now have a "week of April 14, 2011" delivery date, have activated Carwings, and appear to have a VIN. My case is perhaps anomalous, as anyone who has read my postings may know, but it shows that changes are coming, and I hope you all will be getting some happy news soon! :D
Wow - April 1 delivery? Looks like you ended up being an anomaly, after all. Congrats.

Beachcliffs said:
Wow - April 1 delivery? Looks like you ended up being an anomaly, after all. Congrats.
Ya, i actually wasn't that happy about the car being delivered 2 weeks before our last estimate, bizarre as that may sound after waiting a year for it. I decided to go out of town on 3/31 thinking I would be back in plenty of time to take delivery. The day I left, the dealer called to say the car was here and being prepped for delivery. I was already on the road somewhere in New Mexico on my way to Atlanta, so my wife had to go down and complete the deal on her own, which she accomplished fine despite it being a bit of an ordeal, including getting stung by a bee while on the lot having her vehicle orientation tour. And of course the early delivery threw Ecotality for a loop so we still have no Blink installed and no date from the contractor yet.

Nevertheless, we are enjoying the car and just charging with the L1 unit until we get the L2 EVSE installed. It was worth all the hassles and waiting in the end. I'm glad to see the other late Sept/early Oct. orders getting delivery dates now. Hang in there!

TT

TT - do you know if your car was either an orphan or a demo? The VIN seems a bit high as compared to other cars that have been delivered. I am also wondering if you have been through the A/C overcharge issue?

I seem to be one of the Oct orders that has been on the roller coaster, reserved on Apr 20 and ordered on Oct 7. I went from a delivery Month of May to Pending(a week back) to April 22(today). Two questions :
I went ahead and bought a 2006 Toyota Prius when my status changed to Pending last week, now that I seem to have something scheduled for delivery, would you sell/trade-in the Prius for the Leaf? I will be losing money on the Prius because I paid a premium to get a Toyota certified car. In all probability, the April 22 date will get retracted considering Nissan's behavior... And I won't have to make any decision soon...
Regarding the VIN #, are you guys just quoting the last 4 digits in your posts? If that is true, my VIN # is 1118.

Back