The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm in the "Lost Sept Order" category as well.
Here is my exciting truth is stranger than fiction story.

I placed an order on Sept 7th, 2010 and Nissan finally submitted my Sept order to the factory mid January 2010 (hmm, what?).
Another late/lost Sept order after others that ordered even later in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan already had VIN #'s and delivery dates :?:
It looked bleak, but then, when all seemed lost, there was hope...

I was given VIN# 0776 at the start of February (cool), and was supposed to have it delivered:
month of March,
then March 24th,
then April 24th,
then March 28th,
then April 4th,
then April 18th,
then April 24th,
then April 14th,
and as of today (3/28), April 13th.

And my Leaf was on the boat... but which Leaf and what boat?
I wonder this sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep at night.
Which Leaf though? MyLeaf 1 or MyLeaf 2? I say this because, I submitted an ETEC Free Charger Application in March, was approved last week (Yippie) and issued a second VIN# of 1374. I guess 2 Leafs make sense because I have been dreaming about the day I could buy a real electric car at a price I could afford for the last 20 years give or take a few (Thanks Nissan for making my childhood dreams come true). Sometimes along the way I did feel lost but there is this new reason to hope; with two VIN #'s on my dashboard, I have two chances to get a car. Yay, double good times!

My to do's are:
- To not be sad or upset about having to wait so long for my Leaf delivery (Please don't be bitter either EV driving friends, bitterness is better suited for things like dark chocolate, not so much for people; deep breaths, happy place, driving to the Blue Ocean without going to get gas first...)
- To give $500 to the Red Cross disaster fund to aid the people who need help in Japan, and have Nissan match it (Thanks Nissan)
- To strive to never fill my Leaf up with electricity from Gas, Coal or from Nuclear Power because as we have seen in Japan, Nuclear Power Plants are a disaster waiting to compound themselves into a 50,000 year toxic nightmare and who needs that even if some say it is cheap and safe :roll:
- Power my Leaf with wind or sunpower thank you very much :geek:

Thanks Nissan for building my electric car, can't wait to drive it :D Soonish!

ETEC Application Accepted - Sweet
Reserved - April... 2 hours after we all could
Ordered - 9/7/2010 (1 week after we could from North Bay Nissan)
Delivery - Soonish they say
Solar Array Charging - At Work :D

BlueSL said:
It sure seems lonely here without Ttweed.
Thanks for missing me! :) I have still been trying to check in on the forum but must admit that when my dashboard opened, the anxiety and curiosity factors that have driven my obsession and thirst for any information dropped exponentially. I totally understand where all of you who are still waiting for some kind of resolution on this deal feel at the moment. I was there only a few days ago. I have already posted everything about my experience and my opinion of what might be happening from here on out, but I have no further new insights to express. Others have posted the key names of the people responsible for managing customer expectations in the process in this thread and the other May delivery thread. Anyone who searches on my user name and reads my posts will know everything I know. I have not followed up with the executive from Nissan who contacted me and "fixed" my issues to thank him or find out anything further about their plans. I figure he has his hands full at the moment dealing with this clusterf@#k. I can't even say for sure whether it was the calls to CS, the chats, or the emails that finally got me some attention, or the combined preponderance of my complaints. The fact is that I have been too busy of late to expend any more energy and attention on this issue now that I appear to be "over the hump" that was impeding my progress. ln the middle of all this, I somehow managed to buy another car (not an EV) and have been scrambling to sell one of my other cars and make arrangements to pick it up in addition to completing the Leaf purchase and Ecotality installation, etc.

Sorry to have been a little MIA compared to the last few months, but that trend may continue for the next several weeks. I am hoping for a flood of happy information to appear here in the next few days, and I will still be checking in as I can find time to see how this whole drama plays out. I wish you all the best result in the process.

TT

I can't say wether they are correcting this orders or not, because it honestly will depend when I actually can sit in the Leaf and drive it off the lot.

My date has changed so many times that I (almost) stopped caring. With a Sept. 10 order date, my date this morning moved up to April 8. It's moved around a lot but this is the second earliest date I've had (at one point I had April 7). It held steady at April 18 for about 2 weeks, then April 12 for a week and today it's the "week of April 8." Still haven't gotten a "7 day" email, although judging by other accounts here, it doesn't appear to be all that accurate anyway.

Again, this "week of" date is all speculation until I have the keys in my hand as it can fully change to April 21 tomorrow for all I know.

What's more frustrating is that people who have ordered within a matter of hours (and in my location) of me already have their Leafs or will be getting them this week.

dash:
When did you order, do you have a VIN, and what is it?

TT:
You did GREAT work in shaking the tree to get the LEAFs to fall.

EVD...,
With your order date, VIN, and ESTIMATED delivery, it looks like your Order has NOT been "skipped".

My Est Del Date was 7 Apr and I am picking it up today.

I just got a call from Nissan CS re my 10/1 order, saying I have a May 3 delivery date scheduled. I was told I would get an email/dashboard update within a few days. It was implied that many other Sept/Oct orders will also, and (maybe) I got the call only because I had (twice) "escalated" CS calls.

This has not shown up on my dashboard yet-still "month of May" so not sure if this will correspond to "week of" or a tentative delivery date, when it does. Just wanted to point out there may be some news coming soon, for many.

Most likely your dashboard and date are unchanged due to the call. The email would have come just the same if no call was made. DB would open likewise just the same.

edatoakrun said:
I just got a call from Nissan CS re my 10/1 order, saying I have a May 3 delivery date scheduled. I was told I would get an email/dashboard update within a few days. It was implied that many other Sept/Oct orders will also, and (maybe) I got the call only because I had (twice) "escalated" CS calls.

That is good news. Hopefully many of the rest of us will be receiving a similar call shortly. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

edatoakrun said:

This has not shown up on my dashboard yet-still "month of May" so not sure if this will correspond to "week of" or a tentative delivery date, when it does. Just wanted to point out there may be some news coming soon, for many.

I hope I get a call soon as well. Also 10/1 order. Don't make me escalate!

I've been a "month of April" with no change since Feb., so after viewing others who were 10/1 orders, I really don't see any consistency.

Check the dashboard - sigh - check MNL to see what others are getting - sigh - repeat...

Beachcliffs said:
edatoakrun said:

That is good news. Hopefully many of the rest of us will be receiving a similar call shortly. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

It sounded like (remember, this is Nissan CS) I received the call due to CS escalation, so you may expect the update to come by email or on your order info. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

My delivery estimate was back to "month of April" yesterday evening and this morning! :?: I'm feeling like I had some weird hallucination the one time yesterday when I saw "month of May". Wonder if I can progress to "week of" and a vin# without calling CS?

leucadialeaf said:
My delivery estimate was back to "month of April" yesterday evening and this morning! :?: I'm feeling like I had some weird hallucination the one time yesterday when I saw "month of May". Wonder if I can progress to "week of" and a vin# without calling CS?
Like I said before - you're delivery date will be at the end of April - while you don't have a "week of" date Nissan is still shifting the estimated delivery date internally which is why you saw it briefly shift to May. I expect that you'll get a "week of" date in a couple days with everyone else.

leucadialeaf said:
Nothing will change for calling CS. I think you will have your date on or before April 1.
I found it was far less stressfull to just not log into the dashboard until others report some activity.

Maybe something is changing with Nissan. While I do not have any update on current status, I just now noticed that the return e-mail addresses from the last two "chat" transcripts were from "firstname.lastname@nissan-usa.com" rather than "evcustomersupport@maritz.com". I am also chatting with new names each time.

Interesting side note - I just found an old chat transcript from January 13th and figured I would share the following response from the Maritz rep (on behalf of Nissan): "We have been working diligently to ensure that this reservation and purchasing process is easy and simple for customers to navigate."

Beachcliffs said:
Interesting side note - I just found an old chat transcript from January 13th and figured I would share the following response from the Maritz rep (on behalf of Nissan): "We have been working diligently to ensure that this reservation and purchasing process is easy and simple for customers to navigate."
Can be perfectly true & yet we could have all these problems. I can definitely think of occassions when the team worked diligently and still the software put out had problems ...

Beachcliffs said:
Maybe something is changing with Nissan. While I do not have any update on current status, I just now noticed that the return e-mail addresses from the last two "chat" transcripts were from "firstname.lastname@nissan-usa.com" rather than "evcustomersupport@maritz.com".
Update: Well, the phone call from CS finally arrived (not sure if Nissan or third-party PR firm) and was told that our particular Leaf did indeed make it out of Japan prior to the earthquake and that we can reasonably expect delivery sometime in May. As the rep mentioned something about 600 cars, I am guessing it was on Luna Spirit. Given the volume of cars currently being processed in Long Beach, it does make a certain amount of sense that Nissan cannot yet be more specific about delivery timing.

My take from the conversation is that those with "month of May" delivery dates that have not changed in the past three weeks are probably in the same situation. If you moved from "May(be)"to "penduary", I would not quite give up all hope as they still have a lot of sorting through to do. It is also pretty clear that "they" are indeed paying attention to this forum.

If you have a late Sept/very early Oct order date that changed from "month of May" to "Pending", I will certainly contact CS and tell them about your situation. It is more than likely that your car is still in Japan. Ask them if you can get a demo car instead. You will need to be diligent about this, don't wait. Good luck!

Back