The Nissan Leaf is a very reliable and well constructed car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8300 miles, and no problem so far. Got my first battery check a couple weeks ago, an it's still in great conditions according to Nissan.
However I've had to drive 80 miles yesterday, and with A/C on part of the time I made it home with 0 bars (from 100% in the morning) driving at reasonable speeds on the highway (55-60).
And again today, I'm glad I can charge at SFO, otherwise my 83 miles would probably not have been possible.
In February, I managed to get almost 80 miles out of 80% charge. I'm wonderingif it's the outside temperature (quite hotter now) that makes a difference, or the software upgrade ?

gudy said:
8300 miles, and no problem so far. Got my first battery check a couple weeks ago, an it's still in great conditions according to Nissan.
However I've had to drive 80 miles yesterday, and with A/C on part of the time I made it home with 0 bars (from 100% in the morning) driving at reasonable speeds on the highway (55-60).

I had three airport runs from Santa Clara to SFO in the past couple of weeks and my experience was very similar. I was dropping bars like flies even though my speed was very reasonable and I had little to no AC usage. I charged at SFO for an hour on two occasions to make sure that I can get home. I opted to take the slow route back last Sunday in lieu of charging. Incredibly, it took only two bars from SFO to Palo Alto on El Camino, but it took six bars going from Santa Clara to SFO on 101.

gudy said:
In February, I managed to get almost 80 miles out of 80% charge. I'm wonderingif it's the outside temperature (quite hotter now) that makes a difference, or the software upgrade ?

The software upgrade changed your fuel tank gauge calibration.

Past zero bars, you now need to use the two different battery warnings like they were two more fuel bars. At 60 mph, when the Low Battery Warning first comes on, you have about 12 miles to go until turtle, and from Very Low Battery Warning, about 4 miles.

Of course, the Guess-O-Meter numbers are crazy still.

Herm said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
its a micro fiber cloth similar to what i had in my 2006 Prius which took some MAJOR abuse as far as spills. my Son was born when that car was 6 months old and it took the full brunt of spills of all kinds.
it all came out.
Its made from recycled PET plastic, ground up coke bottles.. have you ever seen anything that would permanently stain that plastic?

Coke, Pepsi, other beverage bottles and water bottles...number 1 on the bottom...PET/PETE

mwalsh said:
TangoKilo said:
Devin, the L3 at Mitsu in Cypress might have been the boost you needed... :cool:

But, sadly, not on a Saturday.
Has anybody been able to confirm the operating hours for that unit? Specifically, whether it's available for use on the weekends (Sunday in particular)? If not the L3, are the L2 EVSEs available?

Back