The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh when those Leafs,
Come rollin' in,
Yeah when those Leafs come rollin' in.
Yeah I want,
To just have my number,
When those Leafs come rollin' in...

Gotta do something constructive to pass the time. RING, PHONE RING!!!

PDXLeafer said:
Oh when those Leafs,
Come rollin' in,
Yeah I want,
To just have my number,

what is your VIN?

Picking up my Blue ETEC today at Kearny Mesa Mossy Nissan in San Diego, CA. Will share more details and pictures later tonight or tomorrow. VIN# is 250. Woohoo!

Going to lease, as we missed the December 31st cutoff and I can't wait for 2012 to take the savings. Need them NOW!

EVSE is from Clipper Creek, installed by Baker Electric, as part of the ECOtality project at no charge to me. Can't wait to fire that thing up tonight and hear those electrons flowing! As soon as the BLINK charging units become available in So. Cal, they will swap the chargers out of my garage, also at no expense.

Wow, this has been a long process, but definitely worthwhile. I would encourage all others still waiting for delivery to stay positive and keep the faith. You will get one!

Rob Renovales
CARWINGS ID: bugywugy

robrenovales said:
Going to lease, as we missed the December 31st cutoff and I can't wait for 2012 to take the savings. Need them NOW!

Adjust the withholding from your check. AFAIK, that's perfectly legal (but you might want to check with your accountant first) - I didn't pay any withholding last year (PV credit), and won't again this year (LEAF credit), or part of 2012 (balance of PV credit).

DaveinOlyWA said:
PDXLeafer said:
Oh when those Leafs,
Come rollin' in,
Yeah I want,
To just have my number,

what is your VIN?
Lucky #203 :)

mwalsh said:
Adjust the withholding from your check. AFAIK, that's perfectly legal (but you might want to check with your accountant first) - I didn't pay any withholding last year (PV credit), and won't again this year (LEAF credit), or part of 2013 (balance of PV credit).
Yep, if you're friendly with your HR you can even talk them into reducing the fed deduction to 0 for as long as it takes to accrue up the $7500 and then have them reset the deduction later.

Jealous of all you guys picking up your LEAFs this week!

Randy said:
I told Malcolm "The capacity of the battery will never be higher than when new, right?"

Actually, most rechargeable applications I've dealt with experience an increase in capacity over the first several charge cycles.

Whether Nissan pre-conditions the pack with multiple cycles, or to what extent, I don't know.

Sorry to make your trip more exciting!

At a steady 50mph, no HVAC, I would think you'll be fine. And I think I remember one downhill run of about 2 1/2 miles south of Temecula on the I15 where I used to turn off the ignition on my Miata. Regen zone? :)

Since the # of people who are going to own is going to increase, I wonder if we should split up the owners thread based on Owner or State or region? I understand that as more owners start getting their cars it might get even trickier. There will be a plethora of info and I am sure with so many owner providing info it is going to get difficult to follow it all..

Mwalsh, which dealership are you using?

VINs definitely don't matter. I'm #181 and no word yet.

gudy said:
Sounds like the count is not taking mine into account.
LOL. Yes - we were trying to track non-ceremonial deliveries. As someone suggested may be we can split it per state.

malloryk said:
mwalsh said:
Just received "the call"...picking up my car tomorrow too.

congratulations, Mike! :mrgreen: I am green!
malloryk, I see that your delivery estimate has slipped to week of the 14th. Is there any chance you might be able drive your red Leaf to our SoCal meeting at the Cerritos HTB on the 22th ? Google reports 32 miles to Santa Monica 1-way.

Back