The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbleakne said:
malloryk said:
mwalsh said:
Just received "the call"...picking up my car tomorrow too.

congratulations, Mike! :mrgreen: I am green!
malloryk, I see that your delivery estimate has slipped to week of the 14th. Is there any chance you might be able drive your red Leaf to our SoCal meeting at the Cerritos HTB on the 22th ? Google reports 32 miles to Santa Monica 1-way.

yes! I intend to be there with my car, no range anxiety there! :) Can't make the gathering on the 15th as I will be in Vegas.

According to my dealer "The 4 leafs we got in yesterday were sent to us by accident. Nissan Corporate can't tell us exactly where your car is. It's not on hold in Long Beach, so it may be waiting on or actually ON a truck. We won't know more until a truck shows up." They're showing 1/14 as my delivery date, even though I was 1/5-to-pending a week or so ago. :evil:

I told him that as the very first person to order from them (with a lower VIN serial # to boot) that it was aggravating watching others else get their cars while they can't even tell me where mine is.

I'm going to ask to see the dealer dashboard when I go down there tomorrow to have my BMW appraised for trade in....maybe it'll have some new info on it.
:|

Don't know where your LEAF is? WTH!? Nissan is well organized, huh?! :x
Like I said, I will bet this is the last Nissan I get- first time I am leasing a car and the last Nissan I will own!

Jimmydreams said:
According to my dealer "The 4 leafs we got in yesterday were sent to us by accident. Nissan Corporate can't tell us exactly where your car is. It's not on hold in Long Beach, so it may be waiting on or actually ON a truck. We won't know more until a truck shows up." They're showing 1/14 as my delivery date, even though I was 1/5-to-pending a week or so ago. :evil:

I told him that as the very first person to order from them (with a lower VIN serial # to boot) that it was aggravating watching others else get their cars while they can't even tell me where mine is.

I'm going to ask to see the dealer dashboard when I go down there tomorrow to have my BMW appraised for trade in....maybe it'll have some new info on it.
:|

JimmyD----I have only one comment: THAT SUCKS!!! :x

Hey Jimmy,

When I was there filling out paperwork Brian got a call from a guy with Nissan Corporate. When he got a chance to talk he asked about your car but the corporate guy just referred him to the dealer dashboard...But they seem to be looking for it from the dealer end, not that that helps much but the dealers seem to be as much in the dark as we are.

bodengroden said:
Hey Jimmy,

When I was there filling out paperwork Brian got a call from a guy with Nissan Corporate. When he got a chance to talk he asked about your car but the corporate guy just referred him to the dealer dashboard...But they seem to be looking for it from the dealer end, not that that helps much but the dealers seem to be as much in the dark as we are.

Oh I understand that. I told Brian that I know it's not his fault. That doesn't make the SNAFU any easier to watch/participate in. I was hoping that maybe I could guilt Brian into not taking no for an answer from Nissan Corporate. ;) The wait is not the problem....with my work schedule, getting the car this week is perfect. If it comes Saturday or later, I'll either have to wait until Tuesday or else take a day off work (which I already did to have my EVSE installed.) As I'm always saying at work "What About MY Needs???" :twisted:

Sorry to hear that others are having some troubles getting their car.

I guess I should count myself lucky... I just got back from Fontana Nissan with my new LEAF. So sweet! They told me I was the 12th person to get a LEAF in the world (can that be right?). They were great over there at Fontana. They stayed late so they could show me all the cool features. They also gave me a good rate on the financing too.

Really a nice car to drive. Will take me awhile to figure out all the screens and features. I did make a call with bluetooth and that worked great. Still no specifics about gradual loss of battery capacity. I am going to hope that Nissan will take care of us if there is any problem with the battery.

The future is here.. and it looks good! :)

-Peter

Antelope Valley Nissan is ready to deliver my leaf as of 3pm today! Now, I need to get to Antelope Valley Nissan at lightning speed...

I took delivery yesterday at Mossy Nissan-Kearny Mesa, in San Diego. Leon was fantastic and his LEAF technical guy, Butch, was awesome too. I guess I'm the 2nd guy in San Diego from Mossy Nissan (the 1st guy was the dude on the news, Tom Franklin).

I am VIN# 250. Car is GREAT, except that I can't seem to get the CARWINGS enabled, even with username and password. Wonder if CARWINGS is down, or I'm so new that it's not recognizing me yet. Oh well. Will call tech support.

Working on insurance quote now, and fighting with the wife on who will drive it more. She has the longer commute, so that might settle it.

Lease was for 15,000 miles. I put down $5000 since CA state will rebate me $5000, so it's a nice little wash. I have the loaded ETEC model in blue (every option, plus Quick Charge port) that was MSRP of $34,540. My monthly payment is a very manageable low $400's including all taxes and GAP protection.

Here's my daughter enjoying the trunk space. Made me want to get the cargo netting and call it a playpen!
web.jpg

web.jpg

See you on the road (and not at the pump)!

Jimmydreams said:

Do we need to start a new thread - "The first hijacked Leaf thread" ?

Don't have any pictures for you yet, but put me down as "I got my LEAF".

Turned up bright and early at Connell Nissan to find Gary, his friend, and my friend (and journalist) Sheryl there waiting for me. We went out on a quick test drive, took a few photos (Sheryl has those and is out for the day, hence the wait), and then I got down to the business of buying. It still took a good couple of hours, but I did learn some new stuff about the car.

This afternoon I'm going to spend some time scanning the Nav system manual and the Warranty Supplement booklet, which is the only documentation still outstanding for you guys still waiting. It will at least give you something new to do with yourselves. Oh, I may go out for a few more test drives too. :D

The drive home from the dealership was uneventful, and I kept to 45-50 miles per hour with no jackrabbit starts - averaged 4.1mpkWh and did the 10 miles using 8 miles of range.

For those of you worried about dirty door handles...I did now notice there is a plastic cup type thing in the door recess that will allow you, if you just use your fingertips, to close the door without touching the suede-like upholstery.

More to follow...

I just got the call for Mossy Nissan El Cajon...picking up my Leaf at 2:30 today...there is a second car being delivered at 3:00.

Glen

Back