Thinking of Getting A Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$499 Dealer Conveyance? Never heard of it. May be because they don't actually have the car, but are buying it from another dealer?

Our market isn't like Atlanta or the West coast, they don't move as fast here, try offering $149/month.for 24 months, if they know your definetly going to do a deal, they're more motivated, and it's the last week of the month, they'll want to move one more.

Many thanks to all for their knowledge, enthusiasm and patience. I have placed an order for a '13 S with QC. I should pick it up on Thursday. The SV was quite a bit more, for whatever reason. I will miss cruise control.

They are taking my '06 Jetta in trade, no additional money down, $202/month for 36 months. 12K miles/year and residual of $12,492. Seems very fair to me. Decormier Nissan in Manchester, CT. Everyone was pretty knowledgable (except for an impenetrable phone mail system on weekends) and they have 24/7 charging. Right off I84, for anyone passing thru.

Now to sort out the chargers...

Way cool! Good for you. Now the real fun begins.

Now if only DeCormiers would install a QC, it would make going to Hartford so much easier.

Too bad about the cruise control, you'll be going old school. You'll soon figure out heater settings that suit you for not too much energy. If you use Auto and drive in Eco its not too bad. Also, toggling it on and off can save a bit. When summer comes, you'll be amazed at how much more range you'll have.

Graycenphil said:
Wonder what a quick charger costs? Probably federal or state money to offset some of it.

level 1 = 120 v
level 2 = 240 v
"quick charge" / QC / DCQC / CHAdeMO = not for home. Your municipality and insurance company would fight against your installing one, I imagine.

If you mean level 2 "don't call it a charger" EVSE, there may be credits for that depending on your state.

Graycenphil said:
I'm just wondering what it costs the dealer to put one in.

Oh. Do you mean to put a QC port on the car or to install level 2 EVSE at your home?

The first can't be done once it's out of the factory, or so I read here. The second wouldn't be done by your dealer but by an electrician.

Edit: You said previously you've ordered an S with QC, so your car should have everything it needs for level 1, level 2 or QC. At home you have what you need for level 1, you can buy level 2 stuff possibly needing electrical work done to your home, and QC is not something anyone would have at home.

A dealer QC is about $40k, offset by Nissan $10k, but would've been $15k if installed by 12/31/13, also a 30% Fed. Tax credit in 2013, not sure if that's available now, may have to wait for it to be reinstated.

Last time I talked to DeCormiers they had no plans for one. But CT is putting some in at highway rest stops, maybe one will go in at the welcome center on 84 near Tolland.

Glad to hear CT is doing that. Just a few would allow me to drive the Leaf anywhere in the state. Are the plans definite?

Graycenphil said:
Glad to hear CT is doing that. Just a few would allow me to drive the Leaf anywhere in the state. Are the plans definite?

See last post here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13164&p=351209#p351209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just parked my new 2013 S with QC in the garage. Many, many thanks to all for your patient advice. I probably wouldn't have bought it without you.

Now to figure out which EVSE to get...

Graycenphil said:
Just parked my new 2013 S with QC in the garage. Many, many thanks to all for your patient advice. I probably wouldn't have bought it without you.

Welcome fellow CT Leafer!

Graycenphil said:

Congratulations!

Graycenphil said:

Now if only the rest of the country shared your inquistiveness and persistence ( and visited this forum ;-) ). The rrr-EVoultion can't happen fast enough! :)

charge said:

Where in Connecticut are you, if you don't mind saying? Have you done any charging on the road, and if so what places have you found to be good? How many others in the state? I'm not sure I ever saw a Leaf on the raod.

Graycenphil said:
charge said:

Where in Connecticut are you, if you don't mind saying? Have you done any charging on the road, and if so what places have you found to be good? How many others in the state? I'm not sure I ever saw a Leaf on the raod.
I'm in Woodbury. I'll pm with contact details. Would be happy to share what I know

Back