trade-in my 2012 Nissan Leaf SL for the 2013 Nissan Leaf SL?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x10guy said:
SKY888 said:
I didnt know this until I really have the leaf in my possession........drive normally to my two jobs. And experience everything

I know NOW that Having a 6.6 kw will definitely my situation since the quicker charge will ensure that I have enough juice.

hopefully you understand the situation now.

No need to say more. For the first month I drove like most "Leafers" do and it drove me crazy. Fortunately I don't have a long commute so one day I just said "forget it" and I just drove normal. That is one downside to the Leaf, you can't really drive like a regular driver if want the normal range of 75 miles. I didn't know that either before I leased, but fortunately my commute is short. Good luck in your quest for a 2013.

I'm a heavy foot driver, and that's the good thing about the LEAF, it made me realize how aggressive driver I was.

my first few days...I was really bad (3 miles/kwh). But after the 3rd day, I started averaging 3.9 miles/kwh which is good, I think (dash display).
made me drive way less agressive.

but still, I need more juice in between two jobs, to lessen my paranoia if I'll make it home or not......lol

good humbling/learning experience.....which is awesome! :)

KJD said:
More information on the Lease pricing for the 2013 can be found here.
http://insideevs.com/2013-nissan-leaf-199-lease-details-sale-date-for-canada-more-battery-production-in-the-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is worth noting, that at the debut of the plant, a good bulk of the plant was off limits/”no access” to the media, which could mean the ramp up to production of Nissan’s 2nd generation of lithium packs are already underway.
I guess it is time to start discussion on Nissan’s 2nd generation of lithium packs.

SKY888 said:
I'm a heavy foot driver, and that's the good thing about the LEAF, it made me realize how aggressive driver I was.

my first few days...I was really bad (3 miles/kwh). But after the 3rd day, I started averaging 3.9 miles/kwh which is good, I think (dash display).
made me drive way less agressive.

but still, I need more juice in between two jobs, to lessen my paranoia if I'll make it home or not......lol

good humbling/learning experience.....which is awesome! :)

I'm actually not a lead-foot but I don't like driving like a grandmother. Just as a definition, I classify driving "normal" as driving with traffic. I don't really see too much of a range hit around town, but on the freeway there is definitely a hit for driving with traffic. I hope new buyers/leasees know that before they make a huge commitment.

x10guy said:
I'm actually not a lead-foot but I don't like driving like a grandmother. Just as a definition, I classify driving "normal" as driving with traffic. I don't really see too much of a range hit around town, but on the freeway there is definitely a hit for driving with traffic. I hope new buyers/leasees know that before they make a huge commitment.
But "driving with the traffic" has different meanings. There is always a portion of the traffic that drives as fast a possible, jumping from lane to lane (and usually going no faster than others!). Then, there is the slow steady lane. I also drive with the traffic (is there really any other option) - but go in the slow lane.

SKY888 said:
x10guy said:
But you said you JUST leased the 2012 last week, right? Sorry but I don't quite understand why you leased it in the first place if it wouldn't work for you traveling to your second job. Or did you just get that second job?

I guess, I was very naive thinking that the 2012 Nissan Leaf will be able to take me to two jobs and give me enough juice in between my two jobs, and not be WORRIED of not getting back home due to the leaf's limited range.

All the calculations and speculations I did.....thinking that the 3.3 kw charger will be enough for my daily commute, before I leased my car is not on-point. Im noticing that I barely get home with my charge. And the deterioration of the battery in a year or so...will probably even further the paranoia

I didnt know this until I really have the leaf in my possession........drive normally to my two jobs. And experience everything

I know NOW that Having a 6.6 kw will definitely my situation since the quicker charge will ensure that I have enough juice.

hopefully you understand the situation now.

great explanation.

now the solution; there is always the option to simply drive slower. now you can worry about someone rear ending you at 60 mph on the freeway (which is NEVER going to happen) or the feeling of being run over on the freeway (which is probably happening but can be fixed) and just drive in a fashion that will give you the range you need.

now, without knowing specifics and being in your position where time at home is a premium (i worked 40+ hours over the past 3 days at 6 different work sites which means i sacrificed sleep) time management also plays a huge part which in itself is fine but family has a tendency to alter those plans constantly so i feel your pain.

the other thing is that changing your driving habits might not be enough to fix the issue especially in Winter with reduced range to deal with.

but the financial hit I have to think will be extreme and not sure its worth it. I know the hassle of having to stop at a QC even if for 15 minutes but sometimes it is the lesser of two evils. keep in mind, Nissan is building a QC network and yes it will be available at the END of Winter when the need will be much less

I have a 2011 LEAF and could really benefit from 6 kW charging, both at home and when away, and more range. At the same time, for over a year we've been trying to follow Dave Ramsey's financial advice and, among other things, keep our spending way down. To avoid spending thousands of dollars, and at the same time drive electric as much as possible, we do whatever we can to work around the inconvenience of 3.3 kW charging. If all goes according to plan financially, it shouldn't be too many years before we can pay cash for an 85+ kWh Tesla, preferably a used one, without hampering our ability to fund higher education as needed. :) Of course, Nissan could also have a longer range EV on the market by then.

So, my advice is, figure out how to make the 2012 work for you.

Back