What is the warranty on a dealer installed 24 kWh pack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zialeaf

I have a 2011 LEAF that had a new 24 kWh pack electively installed about 3.5 years ago. I have the service paperwork from the dealer, but there is no warranty info on any of it specific to the new battery, and I combed through my emails from the time and can't find any info there either. I vaguely remember a brief verbal exchange back then regarding the warranty, but I can't remember the details that were provided.

For folks here who paid for a standard OEM battery replacement performed by a dealer (not the original big sweep replacement for batteries that fell below 75% at 8 years/100000 miles), which for me was about $5500 all in, what warranty was extended with that replacement?

Much Appreciated!

Steve in New Mexico

5 years/60k miles IIRC for excessive battery degradation (below 9 capacity bars)
The same warranty as the 24 kWh pack in a new LEAF of the same model from that era

The *battery defect* warranty is longer, and again is the same as a new LEAF from that era of the same model

SageBrush said:
5 years/60k miles IIRC for excessive battery degradation (below 9 capacity bars)
The same warranty as the 24 kWh pack in a new LEAF from that era

The *battery defect* warranty is longer, and again is the same as a new LEAF from that era

Thank you very much!

Steve in NM

SageBrush said:
The same warranty as the 24 kWh pack in a new LEAF of the same model from that era

The *battery defect* warranty is longer, and again is the same as a new LEAF from that era of the same model

I'll mention this to a friend. He will take in this 2011 Leaf once we install the exhaust and tis wheels on the truck this weekend. The 24 kWh battery was installed 4 years ago.

But wasn't the battery warranty 96 months / 100,000 miles for the 2011 Leaf, per page 6 of the attached warranty booklet ?

I am very interested in this topic as I have a battery that was replaced by a dealer in mid-2017 and is now back to 9 bars.

Attachments

• 2011-LEAF-warranty-booklet.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Call Nissan corporate to confirm.

At minimum, the replacement battery is under the your original pack's 96 month, 100,000 warranty.

But the replacement pack may not carry a warranty of it's own. It is simply finishing up the original pack's warranty.

Here in Oregon I am told by Nissan

8 yrs/100,000 miles

Attachments

• LEAF Battery Warenty.jpg
    LEAF Battery Warenty.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
But wasn't the battery warranty 96 months / 100,000 miles for the 2011 Leaf, per page 6 of the attached warranty booklet ?

I am very interested in this topic as I have a battery that was replaced by a dealer in mid-2017 and is now back to 9 bars.
yes and it still is see my other post.

Thanks, Thew. The photo of the letter from Nissan is invaluable.

Just be aware of the distinction between the 8yrs/100k miles warranty for workmanship defects, and the 5 yr/60k mile warranty for excessive battery degradation.

Thew's photo has the language for both. The first section is the former, and the second section is the latter

8/100 for ***defects***
5/60 for degradation

Back