What Kind of LEAF owner are you

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

RegGuheert made a very interesting observation describing the demographic classes for the typical LEAF owner.

RegGuheert said:
- Owners versus lessees
- Hot climate versus cold climate versus constant climate
- Those with access to a quick-charge network versus L2 only versus no charging network
- Commuters versus sporadic drivers
- High-mileage versus low-mileage/long calendar life
- High-speed driving versus low-speed driving
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology

Which one are you?

I'm a constant climate,with access to a quick-charge network, Commuter, with High-mileage, High-speed driving, save money,Lease type.

I guess I should disclose! :D

I am a low-mileage/long calendar life, low-speed, sporadic driver with no access to a charging network for the LEAF that we own. My main motivation for PV/EV is related to peak oil/national sovereignty. I'm not quite sure how to characterize the climate here. We have all four seasons, but even though the average temperature is lower than Seattle's, it is often 20F warmer than Seattle during the summertime. I'll say we live in a cold climate in hopes that the battery in our LEAF will last longer! ;)

Welcome back, we were beginning to think you had disappeared...

I am: owner, hot climate, L2 only, commuter, high-mileage (does 20k in 1.5yr count as high?), high-speed, new technology.

Constant climate, high-mileage (12k/year), high-speed (!) commuter owner with access to L2 only

Justification: New technology AND no oil to middle east

80miles per day every day of the year is under 30k. 50mi per day 5 days/week is 13k. So what is high mileage really?

- Owner
- Hot climate
- L2 only
- Commuter
- High-mileage
- High-speed driving
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology
All of the above!

I am a Lessee, moderate climate, little to no charging network, commuter, low-medium milage, high speed driving, peak oil/national sovereignty, save money with a dash of new technology.

AS you can see never one to say in the brackets... :lol:

Lessee
Hot as hell in Cedar Park, Texas
L2 charging only
Sporadic driver-work from home
Low mileage-8 months old and just reached 6k miles today
Lower speed driver=longer range
Save money and planet where we ALL live

Ian B

Do we need a geek code block for this? :geek: L-TL2C+L+HNT

Owner, temperate climate, L2, Commuter, Low(ish) mileage, Highspeed, New Tech.

Low mileage at 10K per year isn't all that low, but it's below the mean (or right on it? Choose your "stats").
High speed means I don't go 55 on the freeway.

I would be an owner, in a constant climate, with access to a quick-charge network, who commutes, high-mileage (31,100 today), low-speed driving (average about 30-35 mph), that likes new technology and enjoys saving money.

Owner/hot climate/L2 only/commuter/low-mileage/mixed driving/likes to save money with new technology and HATES GIVING MONEY TO OPEC

Hello, my stats:
Owner
Well along the timeline but still working.
Below ave. miles ~10k/yr
Mostly commuting & errands
Mostly L2 @ 80%, some L3 but would like to travel further for fun (to the beach house would be nice).
Temperate 4 season area.

Better for the planet, better for the country, better for me $$.

OrientExpress said:
RegGuheert made a very interesting observation describing the demographic classes for the typical LEAF owner.

RegGuheert said:
- Owners versus lessees
- Hot climate versus cold climate versus constant climate
- Those with access to a quick-charge network versus L2 only versus no charging network
- Commuters versus sporadic drivers
- High-mileage versus low-mileage/long calendar life
- High-speed driving versus low-speed driving

Which one are you?

I'm a constant climate,with access to a quick-charge network, Commuter, with High-mileage, High-speed driving, save money,Lease type.

I'm a lessee, variable climate with warm to hot summer days, but would like my car to perform regardless of where I might drive or move to in the USA, charging agnostic, commuter who would like a dependable range expectation for non-commute days, tend to use the LEAF as my my primary car, less than 1000 miles per month so far, with significant freeway useage driver who sees our net importation of petroleum as the single greatest driver of economic difficulties since the mid-1970's, with associated geo-political risk that continues to escalate and threaten our prosperity more with every passing year, and also likes to breathe clean air.

- Lessee
- Constant climate (gotta love NorCal)
- Those with access to a quick-charge network (Blink DCFC 3 miles from my place, four level 2's at work)
- Commuter (set 5 day a week commute)
- Medium mileage (13k a year between a few cars)
- High-speed driving (either 70+ mph freeway or a ton of stop and go traffic...still averaging 4.1 miles per kWh)
- Save money and new technology

I've loved the LEAF since I first drove it, but what finally got me in one was simple economics. My lease payment is cheaper than the 5 tanks of gas I put in my BMW a month.

owner, in a constant climate, has access to quick-charge network (and only uses quick-charging outside of home), commutes, high-mileage, low-speed driving, that wants to save the planet (likes clean air) and enjoys saving money (had to change a timing belt and a clutch on the ICEs since we got the Leaf).

Owner in constant climate with QC, and public L2 who commutes high mileage at low speed to save the planet, stop importing oil, save money AND have the newest cool technology.

Who said you can't have it all!

Owner.
Constant climate
Some access to a quick-charge network and lots of L2's
Commuter
A bit over 1000 miles a month. High-mileage? Or low-mileage/long calendar life?
Mix of driving speeds.
"Save the planet" and peak oil/national sovereignty and new technology

I am a Lessee in a constant climate with limited access to a quick-charge network, commuter, low-mileage/long calendar life, low-speed driving, Save the planet LEAF driver.

- Owner
- Snowbelt: more cool than hot—four temp bars in winter, five to six for a few months in summer.
- No charging network at all
- Sporadic driver: my trips are 18 miles (to town), 40 miles (one day a week commute), 65-73 miles (grocery shopping); yes, "sporadic" describes it
- Low-mileage: about 7000 miles/year and that's with expanded mileage over the car the LEAF replaced (900+ miles a year go on my bicycle despite very steep hills here)
- Low-speed driving: the maximum speed limit here is 60. I also drive some dirt roads every time I leave the house
- Don't care to support the overseas petrodicators so I prefer to drive on sunpower; I also think oil is too useful to be wasted by burning it

Back