What's new for 2020?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrientExpress said:
No, something is up that they are taking so long. I suspect that the issue is when the Aria is going to drop later in the year, and how to fit that into the plan.

They are down to 69 new leafs for sale total in Canada. All 2019’s. I would think within a week or two Leafs will no longer be sold in Canada. Something is up.

The video user guides for the 2020 Leaf are online: https://www.nissanquickguide.com/#/guide/2020/leaf/explore/Exterior/0

If you watch those, you can see a few new features. The ones I noticed are an additional USB-C port in the front, and two USB charging ports for the rear seats. It also has a video about the "Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel".

Astros said:
The video user guides for the 2020 Leaf are online: https://www.nissanquickguide.com/#/guide/2020/leaf/explore/Exterior/0

If you watch those, you can see a few new features. The ones I noticed are an additional USB-C port in the front, and two USB charging ports for the rear seats. It also has a video about the "Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel".

The video shows the tilt function but I didn’t see the telescopic. Take a look and see what you think.

Not to say that it isn't possible, but Nissan has for years used the same telescoping steering column on all its under $40K vehicles. I would say that there is only a 50-50% chance that the '20 has a tilt and telescoping steering column.

OrientExpress said:
Not to say that it isn't possible, but Nissan has for years used the same telescoping steering column on all its under $40K vehicles. I would say that there is only a 50-50% chance that the '20 has a tilt and telescoping steering column.

I hear ya. The telescopic function is not a big thing for us. If the seating position is the same as our 2016 it would go unused.

For what it’s worth, I talked to my sales guy today. He phoned his Nissan sales rep to find out about 2020 production units. Everything coming out of the factory now has the 2020 changes. However, there are still a few 2019’s arriving at dealerships.

Our 2020 Eplus SL will probably be in first week April.....ish.

I think the fact that they still call it a "concept" reinforces their "Newspeak" (1984) "technospeech" that they will not produce it...

In this case I think it means "We will build some version of this car within 5 years - don't try to pre-order it now."

Back