Who has had an EV Error light on The 2013??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronwright38

I have had the EV Error light on and if i turned off the car it
Went away and it comes on after a charge.
Had the 2013 SL for a little over 2 Months.

I just got my 2013 SL back from the repair Shop and the Car worked fine for
3days and I got that EV Error Light and The Battery would not charge to 100
Percent only 58 Percent , Took it back and now waiting for parts , hope it gets
fixed , I am driving a loaner and I am not used to the roar of the Gas engine
not the quit of the Leaf. I just had this 2013 SL for 2 Months and now I am
Having problems.

Anecdotally, the 2013s seem to be having an unusually large number of problems... I don't know if it is due to the redesign and/or the new manufacturing plant...

ronwright38 said:
I have had the EV Error light on and if i turned off the car it
Went away and it comes on after a charge.
Had the 2013 SL for a little over 2 Months.

It often comes on after a QC, but goes out after restarting. Also, it would come on with the OBDII reader in EV CAN mode. It stopped coming on when I exited the App first before turning the car back on.

LEAFfan said:
Also, it would come on with the OBDII reader in EV CAN mode. It stopped coming on when I exited the App first before turning the car back on.

This happened in my Prius too if I had the app running before starting the car. The VSC, ABS, and other systems would read failure until I restarted the car with the app closed.

I've had the EV System Warning light come on 3 times so far on my 2013 Leaf. It was after using different Level 2 charging stations (2 ClipperCreeks at different libraries and my GE Wattstation at home).

The car refuses after a while to charge any more, anywhere from 60% to 80%, and then when I turn it on to drive off I get the warning light. Shutting the car off and turning it back on clears up the light. The first two times when I was at the libraries I was messing around with the remote climate controls, so I kind of chalked it up to some kind of random glitch. But last night it was charging normally on its 2 AM to 6 AM schedule and I got the light this morning along with only 60% of a charge. I've had the car for 2 1/2 months so far.

Any idea what the problem is? I guess I'll have to call the dealership in the morning. I'll post what happens.

I just got my 2013 SL Leaf Back from the Shop after 10 Day's
They had to rebuild the Charge System. I hope it will work O.K.?? :roll:

I have had the EV Error light 3 times now charging at work with a Clipper Creek CS-100. I have a Clipper Creek LCS at home and it has never given me an error.

kringle777 said:
I've had the EV System Warning light come on 3 times so far on my 2013 Leaf. It was after using different Level 2 charging stations (2 ClipperCreeks at different libraries and my GE Wattstation at home).

The car refuses after a while to charge any more, anywhere from 60% to 80%, and then when I turn it on to drive off I get the warning light. Shutting the car off and turning it back on clears up the light. The first two times when I was at the libraries I was messing around with the remote climate controls, so I kind of chalked it up to some kind of random glitch. But last night it was charging normally on its 2 AM to 6 AM schedule and I got the light this morning along with only 60% of a charge. I've had the car for 2 1/2 months so far.

Any idea what the problem is? I guess I'll have to call the dealership in the morning. I'll post what happens.
Any updates?

The dealer got back to me and said it was a faulty Power Distribution Module and that it needs to be replaced. Not sure if it was contaminated in the factory or had some bad sub component, but that's what's going to be replaced.

Can't wait to get back my Leaf. The ICE rental they gave me in the meantime is horrible! I'm so spoiled on electric now.

I got my 2013 SL Leaf back from the shop for the same part
it seems the 2013's are having the EV error's and the same power
control Module , I hope they take a look at part to see what
comp. is bad so the don't have more 2013's Have the same problem.
If the EV error can get fixed , the car would be a great car.
:roll:

ronwright38 said:
I got my 2013 SL Leaf back from the shop for the same part
it seems the 2013's are having the EV error's and the same power
control Module , I hope they take a look at part to see what
comp. is bad so the don't have more 2013's Have the same problem.
If the EV error can get fixed , the car would be a great car.
:roll:
Is there some reason you are bolding all your posts? It's quite annoying.

I've had my Leaf for almost 4 months now (3,900miles odo). Have a Clipper Creek CS-60 home charger, been running fine for 2 months. Then about two weeks ago, I started having the same issues... last night, I tried using the 120V Nissan charger, it was still charging when I woke up (no more interruptions).

Gonna bring it sometime this week to the local dealer. Did anyone (who got theirs fixed) experience any more problems?

My ev warning light just went on. Currently at the dealer to find out what is up. I was charging via the supplied 120V evse. Hope it isn't the PDM.

I tried my first public charger this weekend...and it did not work. I've had the car less than 2 weeks and have exclusively used the 120V LV1 EVSE at home. I tried a 240V public station on the PSU campus Saturday and it started to charge, but then stopped after about 30 seconds. The EV error light was on for my drive home. It turned off after a re-start, and my normal 120V charge worked fine last night...

EV Warning Light went out on its own when the tech pulled it into the bay with the Consult machine. They did call Engineering to figure out what happened. The following is the data I have.

Fault Code P312A stored

Performed ESM tests - POS ECV 215-218 No problems - Called Fix - Engineers to get back to dealer.

Cross post with ELM discussion since Turbo3 wanted the fault codes.

WOW !!! My experience is exactly at the 2mo mark ... exactly as you all have mentioned ... last night the charge was not completed and the EV system warning icon lit up. Was able to drive to work but not much miles to head farther into the city. Response is slow from the dealership ... what kind of parts was needed for the car?

FYI, there is already a thread about this, and yes, there is definitely a major issue with the PDM in the 2013s. Already experienced the no charging issue once, no problems since, so I'm just waiting now for this to become a major issue :/

Got the Leaf back last night. The service advisor said that Nissan is well aware of this issue, and has no fix yet. In the meantime, was told to use the 120V charger that came with the car is what I should be using in the meantime, that just plain sucks... no way I wanna go back to slow charging. Tried using the Clipper Creek unit again last night, same error.

Back