Who is driving 2013 Leaf? EPA range is 75 miles!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
I'd be curious what their Monroney sticker says for range. From http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-electric-label.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it seems like it might be required...

It is very interesting that it seems like we still don't know the EPA range rating in miles for the '13 Leaf, only useless (for determining range) MPGe figures.
I'm baffled too. According to a Nissan rep on their facebook page, they are still waiting on the EPA figures. But I would think if the vehicles are at dealerships, this should have already been settled and should already have their Monroney stickers..

that is the best picture of the sticker from 13 Leaf so far
07.jpg

As soon as somebody with an SOC/GID-Meter can try it with the
2013 USA model LEAF, please let me/us know if it still works properly.

Then, somebody with the F1.09 firmware can see if the "real SOC"
value shows up properly, along with the GIDs and Pack Voltage and Current.

Thanks, Gary

The 2013 Leaf is certainly easy to spot compared to the 2011 and 2012 as the side lights on the front fenders are gone. I will be keeping an eye out for my first sighting in the wild.

Spies said:
The 2013 Leaf is certainly easy to spot compared to the 2011 and 2012 as the side lights on the front fenders are gone. I will be keeping an eye out for my first sighting in the wild.

Thats a feature I wouldn't miss at all. I've always thought the side lights were cheap looking and didn't really offer any great benefit.

garygid said:
As soon as somebody with an SOC/GID-Meter can try it with the
2013 USA model LEAF, please let me/us know if it still works properly.

Then, somebody with the F1.09 firmware can see if the "real SOC"
value shows up properly, along with the GIDs and Pack Voltage and Current.

Thanks, Gary

Phil already plugged in his LEAFscan on Jan 8 in Phoenix, and it worked.

adric22 said:
Thats a feature I wouldn't miss at all. I've always thought the side lights were cheap looking and didn't really offer any great benefit.
Trying not to stray too far off topic I believe those side lights were a requirement in some countries and since the 2011 and 2012 were "international" models the US got them too and they certainly looked like last minute additions. Now that the Leaf is an "American" model they are no longer required. Of course I could be completely wrong about all of this other than they are indeed gone on the 2013 models :)

Spies said:
adric22 said:
Trying not to stray too far off topic I believe those side lights were a requirement in some countries and since the 2011 and 2012 were "international" models the US got them too and they certainly looked like last minute additions. Now that the Leaf is an "American" model they are no longer required. Of course I could be completely wrong about all of this other than they are indeed gone on the 2013 models :)

I like them gone too...cleans up the lines no-end.

cwerdna said:
EdmondLeaf said:
sirenbrian said:
I'm glad you got a date for your car :) Mine just says the car is being produced in Feb, delivered in March. I hope its March 1st!
I think you will get your car in Feb, some dealers in GA already have them
Do you know if they physically have them?

I'd be curious what their Monroney sticker says for range. From http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-electric-label.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it seems like it might be required...

It is very interesting that it seems like we still don't know the EPA range rating in miles for the '13 Leaf, only useless (for determining range) MPGe figures.

Would the S model have the same EPA as the SV and SL? If so, there's an 2013 S model at my local Nissan dealership and I'd be happy to try and snap a picture of the sticker.

The first person to get one in the SF Bay Area that will let me take some measurements, I will do something special for them in return, as well as post specs, such as OBC efficiency, etc.

Contact me if you're willing!

-Phil

mwalsh said:
Spies said:
adric22 said:

I like them gone too...cleans up the lines no-end.

Removing most of the badges helps a lot too. Not sure how that's going to fly upon lease return. but I've got 'em all stashed away just in case.

Nubo said:
Removing most of the badges helps a lot too. Not sure how that's going to fly upon lease return. but I've got 'em all stashed away just in case.
"Hmm... those bages don't look very straight"

"They must have come from the factory that way" :lol:

edatoakrun said:
vrwl said:
...Would the S model have the same EPA as the SV and SL?...

We don't know. I think they all should at least be close to the same, perhaps varying with factors including options and the exact EPA testing procedure.

Go take a look at the S!

Ok, I'll go over there tomorrow and take a look. Will post once I get back with any details/pics.

DoxyLover said:
Nubo said:
"Hmm... those bages don't look very straight"

"They must have come from the factory that way" :lol:

Sorry but someone had to do it.... Badges, we don't need no stinking badges

Someone have to check on that in person, but looks like what is on the sticker for S, SV and SL concerning EPA range is 75 miles, no difference (phone call to 2 dealers).
Nissan of McKinney have them

EdmondLeaf said:
Someone have to check on that in person, but looks like what is on the sticker for S, SV and SL concerning EPA range is 75 miles, no difference (phone call to 2 dealers).

Yep, I'm going to try and run by there tomorrow and see what I can find out.

vrwl said:
EdmondLeaf said:

Yep, I'm going to try and run by there tomorrow and see what I can find out.
They have 2 SV and S, in Austin they have SV and SL

I was under the impression that until the EPA gives the official rating, that mpge rating sticker can not be placed on the window nor can the car be sold even if already at the dealer. Please correct me if wrong.

Ian B

Back