Who is driving 2013 Leaf? EPA range is 75 miles!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdmondLeaf said:
Thank you very much, and sorry to send you there. EPA range less than I expected, based on increase in mpge should be 80-81.
Don't forget that the MPGe is based on kwh from the wall. That means if the charger is more efficient, the MPGe will go up, but the range won't be affected.

Laughable but expected epa numbers, maybe next year they will be serious about #1 concern. I would much rather pay a few grand more for more range.

Well, probably the the most reasonable and consistent explanation for why the 2013 would have much higher MPGe, and only slightly higher range rating than the 2011-12, would be due to lower available battery capacity in the 2013.

But since it's a government rating program, there's probably another explanation...

edatoakrun said:
Well, probably the the most reasonable and consistent explanation for why the 2013 would have much higher MPGe, and only slightly higher range rating than the 2011-12, would be due to lower available battery capacity in the 2013.
No - it could all be the better charger efficiency.

edatoakrun said:
No - it could all be the better charger efficiency.

Spies said:
So the EPA rated both chargers as having the same efficiency? Interesting.
I was expecting that 3.3 kWh charger will be "special order" on S. None of S on dealer's lot have 3.3 that may explain same 75 mile EPA range on S and SL

EdmondLeaf said:
I was expecting that 3.3 kWh charger will be "special order" on S. None of S on dealer's lot have 3.3 that may explain same 75 mile EPA range on S and SL
I certainly missed that the sticker for the S in the photo has the charge package. I wonder if we will see an S without the charge package anytime soon.

So much for all the 2013 purported efficiency and range improvements... A whopping two miles. Of course, to be fair, the 2011/2012 and 2013 numbers may not be directly comparable due to possible changes in the testing regime... I wonder if Nissan will now finally give up on the fanciful 100 mile claims!

Here's the sticker for one of the 2013 Pearl White LEAF SLs they had on the lot:

2013SLSticker-White.jpg

Good stuff, thanks VRWL.

Will put up a post on it now and get the word out!

...as well as give you a hat tip and a linkie to get more people to the forums here of course, (=

Ok, here we go, these are pictures I took of the Pearl White SL:

2013SLWhite01.jpg

More room in the back hatch/trunk area now that the charger has been moved to the front:

2013SLWhite02.jpg

LOVE THE LEATHER SEATS!!!

2013SLWhite03.jpg

New buttons

2013SLWhite04.jpg

Not much changed on the steering wheel

2013SLWhite05.jpg

Appears to be the same here too:

2013SLWhite06.jpg

Down the front side of the motor/charger unit

2013SLWhite13.jpg

Side running lights are definitely gone