This summer, Blink Mobile app for iOS, Android and RIM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, the apps from Ecotality will be available sometime this summer - just like all the thousands of charging stations they "began" installing a year ago. Total progress to date: zero charging stations, zero smartphone apps, zero public plans for charging stations, zero public design documents for the smartphone apps.

But plenty of really good press releases.

I am glad that others are also seeing what a scam Ecototality is...the company is trying to sell stock and probably make a lot of money..it already has funds given by the Dept of Energy.. apparently they are not tracking what Ecototality does with the funds...this company does not even have a map of their charging stations or a list...why? Because they don't really have them anywhere and yet they put out press releases about their charging stations and about their apps..none of them seem to exist.

This is really too bad because these kind of sham companies are going to ruin the promise of building an electric charging infrastructure. In California the state built a number of charging stations when they mandated car manufacturers should build a certain number of electric cars...the car companies aided by the previous administration sued the state and took all the cars back and got rid of them..so the charging stations are not compatible with the new generation of electric cars like the Leaf, Volt and the upcoming Ford Focus electric..all which use the J1771 connector.

Most of the charging stations in Sacramento are either not working or use the old connectors which makes it useless. There seems to be a lot of hype but no real coordinated effort into building a charging infrastructure.

sfosri said:
Because they don't really have them anywhere and yet they put out press releases about their charging stations and about their apps..none of them seem to exist.

My, the natives are restless. Patience, patience, patience...they will get installed.

sfosri said:
I am glad that others are also seeing what a scam Ecototality is...the company is trying to sell stock and probably make a lot of money..it already has funds given by the Dept of Energy.. apparently they are not tracking what Ecototality does with the funds...this company does not even have a map of their charging stations or a list...why? Because they don't really have them anywhere and yet they put out press releases about their charging stations and about their apps..none of them seem to exist.
Last month quite a few were installed in various places - you probably missed the news. But yes, the infrastructure is behind schedule.

I didn't miss the announcements..I get them all the time from Ecototality. Its just shocking that they don't have a list of where these stations are on their website. Don't you think a company that is getting Federal funds for installing charging stations should at the very least have a list of where they are installing them on their website? It seems very shady they are not required to do that.

I get more e-mails from them about how much money they have raised, and how great their stock is doing then anything else. They annoy the hell out of me, I respond to each of them telling to e-mail me when they actually install the promised infrastructure not just approve a plan to study something.

They are 99% talk with 1% action so far...

-Matt

Are there no requirements for these companies that take Federal funds and then provide no information to the public as to what they are doing with the money. Yes as Matt says they seem to be interested in getting their stock price up with all these press releases. If you read carefully some of the press releases are a joke. For instance I got one today saying IKEA will evaluate their locations to install car chargers...its being touted as if Ecototality has actually accomplished something. Maybe this is a company where they are just trying to pump up their stock and they they will all bail with Federal funds aka our tax dollars.

There should be better oversight of these companies.

Back