goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Re: Round trip Boulder to Nederland

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

PrairieLEAF wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:46 pm
Ned first and catch some L2.
Just FYI....the Boulder Nissan dealer on 28th St has a free CHAdeMO if you ever need that. It gets a lot of use but I'd imagine wait times would be short since almost all the cars using it are Leaf's.

PrairieLEAF
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2019

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am

Just FYI....the Boulder Nissan dealer on 28th St has a free CHAdeMO if you ever need that. It gets a lot of use but I'd imagine wait times would be short since almost all the cars using it are Leaf's.
Thanks--I'll have to keep Boulder Nissan (the LEAF pile?) in mind. Boulder is about 30 miles from me, so it'd be a good idea to get some more charge before climbing into the hills!

I usually enjoy the sightseeing opportunities that come with level-2 charging, but I suppose I've done plenty of that in Boulder already.
2016 LEAF S-30 w/QC "Lexie"

PrairieLEAF

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:48 am

Finally did the Brainard trip! It worked out great!

30 kWh version in summer, no A/C, ECO mode, two adults, small dog and inflatable SUP board.

Charged to 96% on Davidson Mesa in Louisville. Got to the Brainard Lake parking lot with 42% (after a fun drive over Lee Hill). Soaked up the cool air and the green vegetation, and came down in the evening. Rolled into Boulder with 60% (yay gravity!) and back to Louisville with 52%--more than enough to get back to Fort Lupton.

It seemed like quite an excursion for 44% net charge (from Louisville)!

Total for the day (from Fort Lupton) was 88% (acquired 25% from Louisville L2).

salyavin
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:11 pm

You should try a plus. This last weekend with went to Staunton state park charged about 30 minutes at the visitor center then over the guanella pass to Georgetown and down I-70 and then back over to Roxborough Park area (where we live) had 48% when we got home starting at 98% charging in the morning. The car does not care about altitude unlike my old Honda did as it does not require oxygen to operate so it is a joy in the mountains.

PrairieLEAF

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Wow, yes, you have all kinds of kWhs! A friend was telling me about the Staunton charging station as a way to get these shorter-range EVs to Alma. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

salyavin
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 pm

I find several state parks now how these l2 chargepoints (free with state park admission).
EA takes care of me on I-25 and I-70 which is nice. While I can get to Arches in Utah getting to Great Sand Dunes is a bit of a stretch that Lizard park nearby has an l2 or I might try an RV camp site if I go for that one.
I was noticing this Bolt going all over the place and saw he shared a home charger down the road from me and we talked about some long distance stuff, there is a guy with a Kona from Denver who met in Arches as well. Basically we can get around in the newer EVs, the corridors for along some highways are pretty great. power cruise control is a bit helpful it uses the OBDII dongle you may already have to get data on usage, sorta like a batter route planner but with updates on how far you will make it based on what you are doing. The plus really made a huge difference in what you can do, as did the Bolt and other EVs with similar range.

Return to “Mountain USA”