Hello from Santa Barbara

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SBNissanLeaf said:
If Santa Barbara Nissan has 60 preferred customers in August and Team Nissan in Oxnard, our closest competitor (400 car inventory to our 200), has only 30.
Will Nissan give more vehicles to Santa Barbara Nissan, than it would have if the numbers were reversed?

That is really the question, right ?

From my understanding - each Leaf will have a customer name "on it" - when it leaves the factory. It goes to the dealer as indicated by the customer ...

I guess, we will have to wait and see. I won't be surprsied if Nissan doesn't have all the details figured out yet.

I'm back.

We attended a meeting yesterday with Nissan, So Cal Edison, and eTec. 14+ dealerships from the LA North region were there.
The topic was the ordering process for Leaf

Ha...I know...

Heck he didn't even end the last sentence with a period....

Somebody call Santa Barbara Nissan, I think their internet sales guy was kidnapped by Nissan for talking too much

:)

Gavin

super busy here.
I've got 50+ reservationists to get in touch with.
Good news...they say the ordering will be strictly controlled by WHEN you reserved. first in first out.
AND you can buy anywhere. I love the taste of fresh crow early in the morning

ANYBODY OUT THERE FROM THE SANTA BARBARA AREA?

feel free to call anytime...805-967-1130 ask for Gordon

Does the price of $32,720 included the freight charge?

Sorry for the spelling I was at work and thinking about other things and typing.

Gonewild said:
Did you hear it the $32,720 price included the fright charge?
Your grammar "gone wild" ? It should be:
"Did you hear it ? The $32,720 price includes the fright charge !" (Fright as in anxiety.) :lol:

Yes...the more expensive model will have an MSRP around $32, 800 including fright.
Why bother with two models if you have to have the upgraded model to be able to quick charge?

LEAFer said:
Gonewild said:
"Did you hear it ? The $32,720 price includes the fright charge !" (Fright as in anxiety.) :lol:

Looks like the same spelling to me ;)

You mean freight.

ps : I'm sure I've the worst spelling around here and I'm an even worse at typing ... as the bear/beer showed.

Ok ... seriously now.
The Freight Charge ... is it included in the $32,780 (SV) and $33,720 (SL) ?
Because in the fine print for the lease stuff on the Nissan site it sounds like it's extra.
Also see here.

evnow said:
LEAFer said:
Gonewild said:

Looks like the same spelling to me ;)

You mean freight.

ps : I'm sure I've the worst spelling around here and I'm an even worse at typing ... as the bear/beer showed.
Of course ... I was pointing out the mis-spelling with a LOL ... (see above (serious) post). And notice how I turned the question into a statement. And notice ... GoneWild meant "if", but said "it" ... etc etc ... :)

Yes ... I understand about "bear urine" :lol: (Take note of the LOL again ! ;) ) (And the CAUTIONS on the site linked to.)

The Monroney Act, thank you Senator Monroney, created our window sticker and hence the proverbial MSRP.
Part of this piece of legislation was to standardize some things in our industry, keep in mind we're talking the 70's here.
Destination is to be printed on the label. This "fee" is to be consistent within model AND region to region.

So, whatever IT is, destination that is, IT will be consistent within model, both SV and SL will have the same.
AND, every LEAF delivered within my2011 will have the SAME destination charge.
Destination is always included within MSRP

Nissan MSRP (as I believe is everyone else) is always plus freight (Nissan calls it a destination charge). No public announcement yet on freight charge. Likely approximately $800, perhaps less.

LEAFguy said:
Nissan MSRP (as I believe is everyone else) is always plus freight (Nissan calls it a destination charge). No public announcement yet on freight charge. Likely approximately $800, perhaps less.

Um...just went for my morning jog around the lot.

EVERY window sticker I looked at listed...Base MSRP + 0ptions + Destination = TOTAL MSRP
On every Monroney Label, window sticker, Total MSRP includes destination.

My guess would be $800, seems like that's what Nissan has been using lately.

So, just to be clear, when I claim to sell a car at MSRP. That price already includes the Destination charge.

ah....base MSRP vs total MSRP.

Didn't know there was two...

Thanks

Will head to the LEAF site to see if they mention base or total MSRP.

Gavin

SBNissanLeaf, please explain the RED and BLUE apparent discrepancy.

SBNissanLeaf said:
... AND, every LEAF delivered within my2011 will have the SAME destination charge.
The following is copied from Nissan's site, but red color is my emphasis:
Disclaimer:
*after tax savings, net as low as $26,220
MSRP $33,720
with federal tax savings from 0-$7,500
$379 a month1 – 36 month lease
($1,999 initial customer payment)
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $379/mo. is an example of an offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC ("NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.
1 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,620 down payment and $379 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SL subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $33,720 MSRP plus destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $25,521 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,644. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.
**after tax savings, net as low as $25,280
MSRP $32,780
$349 a month2 – 36 month lease
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $349/mo. is an example of offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC (or "NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.
2 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,650 down payment and $349 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SV subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $32,780 MSRP plus $820 destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $24,441 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $12,564. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.

LEAFer said:

SBNissanLeaf said:
... AND, every LEAF delivered within my2011 will have the SAME destination charge.
The following is copied from Nissan's site, but red color is my emphasis:
Disclaimer:
*after tax savings, net as low as $26,220
MSRP $33,720
$379 a month1 – 36 month lease
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $379/mo. is an example of an offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC ("NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.
1 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,620 down payment and $379 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SL subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $33,720 MSRP plus destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $25,521 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,644. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.
**after tax savings, net as low as $25,280
MSRP $32,780
$349 a month2 – 36 month lease
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $349/mo. is an example of offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC (or "NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.
2 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,650 down payment and $349 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SV subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $32,780 MSRP plus $820 destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $24,441 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $12,564. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.

By MSRP, they must mean base MSRP, to which you would also have to add any factory options as well.
The largest number on a window sticker is the Total MSRP, which includes destination.

SBNissanLeaf said:
By MSRP, they must mean base MSRP, to which you would also have to add any factory options as well.
The largest number on a window sticker is the Total MSRP, which includes destination.

Nissan hasn't talked about options till now. Any information on that ?

SBNissanLeaf said:
LEAFer said:

Ok ... thanks. (My post took a while to format and by the time it posted a couple or three other replies had slipped in ... ).

So ... SL is $33,720+$820=$34,540 plus options <if any>, local sales tax, license, doc fee. Do I have it right now ?

Back