Letter to Ecotality/Blink concerning Balboa Park Failures

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the total number of Blink DC chargers deployed. It's probably less than 10. Phoenix, Tennessee, one in California. They reported to the government that they built 61 last year and have them in their "distribution" points.

On the Nissan LEAF Facebook page, there is a series of posts indicated that at least two of the Tennessee Blinks DC chargers don't work. I wonder how many actually do work?

ECTY stock dropped 8.9% today, and 5% Friday. Close at $0.665. As most are probably aware, too long below $1 gets the stock delisted. They are still under indictment for securities fraud.

TonyWilliams said:
I don't know the total number of Blink DC chargers deployed. It's probably less than 10. Phoenix, Tennessee, one in California. They reported to the government that they built 61 last year and have them in their "distribution" points.
According to their map, there's 33 total:

2 in Portland OR (1 Fred Meyer store)
7 in Arizona (Ecotality office)
24 in Tennesee (Cracker Barrel stores)

Divide that number in half for actual installs since it they are counting each plug and not each station - so 16 installs in all - 14 of them in Tennessee thanks to Cracker Barrel, 1 in Portland and 1 at their Arizona office.

drees said:
TonyWilliams said:
According to their map, there's 33 total:

2 in Portland OR (1 Fred Meyer store)
7 in Arizona (Ecotality office)
24 in Tennesee (Cracker Barrel stores)

Divide that number in half for actual installs since it they are counting each plug and not each station - so 16 installs in all - 14 of them in Tennessee thanks to Cracker Barrel, 1 in Portland and 1 at their Arizona office.

How do they get 7 in AZ ? One unit missing a nozzle?

So, if not for Cracker Barrel, they have 2 in the USA, and this non-working install in NorCal.

On Sunday all three chargers by Fleet were operational. One was occupied by the a Car2Go. First time for everything! :eek:

I've been using the chargers at the Air and Space museum almost everyday for a week and I haven't seen one failure...which is good news.

But I'm here because my third Blink home unit died...which is bad news.

That being said, does CA's warranty tolling law apply to my Blink unit? If so, my warranty will probably never end...

saintyohann said:
That being said, does CA's warranty tolling law apply to my Blink unit? If so, my warranty will probably never end...

I'm not sure that applies for something free (unless you actually paid money for one of these pigs). I'm on my second Blink, which hasn't failed once in about 2 months.

Back