2014 Leaf won't charge, lights blink but no error codes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkscott

I have read other topics but none like mine that I found. New account today because I couldn't get in old one.

I have a 2014 Nissan Leaf S with 55xxx. Car has never had any issues charging until this week. Car won't charge, the three lights would blink one after the other. Took it to a Nissan dealer and was told that I used a bad charger and it blocked the car from charging. They "reset" it and said it would work. Was also told that the bad charger caused error codes that they reset.

After the first night the car would not charge same issue. I connected Leaf Spy Pro assuming I would have error codes and would try to research from there. There are no error codes in Leaf Spy Pro. However the car will not charge, the three lights would blink one after the other.

I have tried L1 and L2 chargers with the same results.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks

That pattern of flashing charge lights means that a charge timer is active, and the car won't charge because it isn't set for the times you have tried it. I suggest that you press the Charge Override button on the lower left side of the dash. It's a button with a clock icon and the word "Off" under it. If that works, you need to deactivate the charge timer(s). Someone else will post that procedure as I have never driven an S.

Thanks I discovered my charge timer turns it self on and needs to be turned off. Hoping this does not keep repeating.

Is this is something new? Then that means that you have been playing with the menu functions on the dash display....

You need to go down to the timer menu and change the charge timer to "off"... When you turn off the car, you will get a display of the status of the charging timers and preheating functions.

You know you got it right when you plug in the charger and the car immediately makes several beeps the blue lights will be on, with one of the lights blinking. THEN YOU ARE CHARGING.

If you get a delay when you plug in the charger, the car beeps, and all three blue lights alternate, then the car is set on the timer. You can turn off the timer anytime you want by pressing the left side mid dash button where there is a "Clock". Press it once (only), and then the dash blue middle light turn on, and stay on (waiting for you to plug in the charger)... That means that it will be able to charge then. Then you can plug in and the car will charge (only for that one time).

Back